Thursday was the first time the Montreal Canadiens hit the ice together this season, and already Habs coach Michel Therrien is t

in Allgemein 08.05.2018 09:15
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

Thursday was the first time the Montreal Canadiens hit the ice together this season, and already Habs coach Michel Therrien is testing out some potential line combinations. Trevor Williams Jersey . The players took part in a 40 minute scrimmage, where newly acquired Daniel Briere was playing on the wing alongside David Desharnais and Max Pacioretty. Briere, who spent most of his career as a centreman, mentioned last week that he doesnt mind playing on the wing if need be. Pacioretty and Desharnais have had great chemistry playing together in the past, even dating back to their Hamilton Bulldogs days. However, last season the duo werent able to find the type of success theyve shown in the past. Desharnais, despite his small 57 frame, has been able to prove over the years that he belongs in the NHL. The 2011-12 season was when Desharnais really made a name for himself, scoring 16 goals and adding 44 assists in 81 games. His line with Pacioretty and Erik Cole quickly became the top line on the team. His performance that year is what led Habs general manager Marc Bergevin to sign him to a four-year contract extension worth $14 million last season. After underperforming last year, Desharnais hopes to put the struggles behind and start fresh this year. "We want him to be at the net, we want him to be first on the puck, we want him to skate, and that is how he will be successful and he knows it," coach Therrien said. Another line combination Therrien was watching closely was Rene Bourque, Tomas Plekanec and rookie Christian Thomas. The Canadiens traded Danny Kristo to the New York Rangers this summer to acquire Thomas. Hes the son of former NHL player Steve Thomas, and so far he has impressed a number of people. With Brian Gionta questionable for the season-opener on October 1 with a bicep injury, there is a good possibility that Thomas might be the one replacing him. The fact that he was placed on a line with veteran players like Plekanec and Bourque is a good indication that the organization has high hopes for the 21-year-old. Thomas spent last season playing for the Connecticut Whale of the AHL and was called up for one game; ironically against the Canadiens at the Bell Centre. Matt Slauson Jersey .com) - The University of Montana named Bob Stitt as its new head football coach on Tuesday. Junior Seau Jersey . - The Detroit Lions have 13 takeaways this season — three less than all of last season — and the defence isnt the only unit pleased with the performance. http://www.prochargersteamstore.com/Youth-Antonio-Gates-Elite-Jersey/ . The New York State Supreme Court only partially dismissed the lawsuit, meaning the case could be headed for trial. The tour announced a year ago that Singh would be suspended for saying in a Sports Illustrated story that he took deer antler spray, which was believed to contain the banned substance IGF-1.CLEVELAND -- Former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar believes he has been unfairly sacked as a TV broadcaster. Kosar has been removed as a colour commentator for Clevelands preseason games by the team. The Browns said Wednesday night he was being replaced by Solomon Wilcots, who will work with play-by-play announcer Jim Donovan. Kosar contends hes been removed because of slurred speech he attributes to "a direct result of the many concussions I received while playing in the NFL." "This is very unfortunate," he said in a statement, "as I believe my football acumen and ability to describe what is happening on the field, has been well received by Cleveland Browns fans." WKYC-TV issued a statement disputing Kosars assertions. "Nowhere in our discussions with Bernie or the Browns has anything ever been said about his speech impairment due to concussions," said Brooke Spectorsky, the stations president and general manager. "That has simply nothing to do with our decision. The Browns are rebuilding their team, and in reviewing our programming weve decided to rebuild as well." The 50-year-old Kosar estimates he has had more than a dozen documented concussions. He has been in pain for more than a decade, but said last year he found some relief through treatments at a wellness facility in Florida. In announcing their decision, the Browns said they were in discussions with Kosar about "potential new roles" on pregame telecasts and on the teams website. "We want Browns fans to look forward to seeing and hearing his continued contributions and analysis," team president Alec Scheiner said. Kosar played for Cleveland from 1985-92 and retired in 1996. The gangly quarterback from Boardman, Ohio, led Cleveland to three AFC title games. He remains one of Cleveelands most beloved sports figures. Melvin Ingram Jersey. "I love to put the personal touch, pride in the Browns, and pride in our Cleveland community into the broadcast," he said. "Being able to share these preseason games with my fellow Cleveland Browns fans is truly one of the remaining joys in my life. "I would hope that WKYC would reconsider utilizing my in-game talents and overlook my concussion-induced impairment. I want everyone to know that I still bleed Brown and Orange." Spectorsky said Kosar could have a "presence with our broadcast team," possibly during the pregame show. "The goal both for the Browns and for Channel 3 is for Bernie to have a bigger role in all of the new Browns programming thats being done, meaning TV, radio, and online," he said. "It can be a much more valuable role and will enable him to stay involved for a larger part of the season." Last summer, Kosar drew criticism for in-game comments about former St. Louis third-string quarterback Kellen Clemens, the Rams receivers and assistant coach Ray Sherman. St. Louis coach Jeff Fisher said about Kosar: "I lost a lot of respect for him. Its highly unlikely he knew anything about our football team, but felt the need to make those comments. I dont think they were justified." The Browns apologized to the Rams and reprimanded Kosar. Last October, Kosar, who has had other personal problems, was arrested in Solon, Ohio, on drunken driving charges. The police report said he refused to take a field sobriety test. Kosar told an officer he couldnt do so because he has had several operations on his knees and ankles. According to the report, Kosar gave the officer two credit cards when asked to show his drivers license. Kosar had slurred speech and difficulty speaking. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys Store NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen