es: LHP Christian Friedrich (4-4, 4.42) starts in Su

in Allgemein 10.05.2018 15:47
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- If the Los Angeles Angels trade Hector Santiago before the Aug. 1 deadline, they might want to consider shipping him to a National League team they rarely play.Just ask the Chicago White Sox.Santiago threw seven innings of five-hit ball against his former club, and the Angels beat Chicago 7-0 on Friday night.It was the second time this season Santiago blanked the White Sox 7-0. He has tossed 14 spotless innings against them, but given up 54 runs over 91 1/3 innings in his other 17 starts.Theres always a little bit more competitiveness, for sure, Santiago said.You want to get back at them, get yourself to another level against your old team. When they come in, theres no doubt that I kind of step my game up.The left-hander did exactly that once again, striking out seven without issuing a walk Friday. Los Angeles supported him with two runs in the second and five in the seventh.Santiago (7-4) has been pitching particularly well of late. He has not allowed an earned run in his last 22 innings.Chicagos offense has been going in the opposite direction. The White Sox have not scored in their last 23 innings, and they were shut out in consecutive games for the first time this season.We didnt swing, and we didnt play that good of defense, either, but I thought (Santiago) threw well, too, manager Robin Ventura. You tip your cap.Coming back from the break, you expect the guys to swing a little bit better. Its just one day.The Angels are 38-52 on the season, 15 1/2 games back of first-place Texas in the AL West. They are expected to deal veterans before the trade deadline, and Santiagos name has been prominently mentioned.Santiago insisted he shrugs it all off.Thats what you have to do, he said. You cant control that part of the game. You just come out here and try to throw the ball well. Hopefully you can be here all year with guys you grinded through all spring and all season.I just try to sit back, have fun, come out here and do my job every day, and whatever happens, happens.The first five Angels hitters in the seventh scored against four different White Sox pitchers.We just kept pounding the ball in that seventh inning, Los Angeles manager Mike Scioscia said. Good situational hitting. Guys put the ball in play, used the whole field, good job with runners in scoring position, and ran the bases aggressively.Four of the Angels nine hits were doubles, one each by Kole Calhoun, Geovany Soto, Daniel Nava and Jefry Marte. Andrelton Simmons also singled in the seventh to extend his hitting streak to 13 games.The Angels have won five of their last seven games.Four runs came against Chicago right-hander Miguel Gonzalez (2-5), though only two were earned. Rookie shortstop Tim Anderson committed two errors.I thought he threw well enough to win a game, but we didnt swing very well, Ventura said. (Santiago) coming off the break was sharp.Gonzalez has not won a road game since beating Tampa Bay on July 25, 2015. He tossed seven shutout innings against the Yankees in his previous start.TRAINERS ROOMWhite Sox: 1B Justin Morneau was called up from his rehab stint at Triple-A and added to the roster. The 35-year-old Morneau had offseason surgery to repair the primary flexor in his right elbow. Chicago signed him June 9 to a one-year contract.Angels: Despite a brilliant outing Thursday for Triple-A Salt Lake (seven scoreless innings, one hit, 14 strikeouts), LHP Tyler Skaggs (Tommy John surgery, shoulder tightness) will make at least one additional rehab start before joining the rotation, Scioscia said. ... LHP C.J. Wilson had surgery to repair fraying within his labrum and rotator cuff, the team said.UP NEXTWhite Sox: RHP James Shields (4-10) is scheduled to make his eighth start Saturday night since coming to Chicago in a June 4 trade with the Padres. He is 2/3 with a 7.68 ERA for the White Sox, but 2-1 with a 2.21 ERA in his last three starts.Angels: RHP Matt Shoemaker (4-9) is 2-4 with a 2.67 ERA in his last 10 starts. Jack Butland Jersey . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. World Cup England Jerseys . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. http://www.englandsoccerpro.com/Lewis-Cook-England-Jersey/ . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. Danny Rose Jersey . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. England Soccer Jersey . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. LOS ANGELES -- Luis Perdomo gave the San Diego Padres another reason to be excited about just how far hes come.The 23-year-old Rule 5 acquisition looked like a very different pitcher Saturday than the one who gave up six runs in an inning against the Los Angeles Dodgers in his major league debut.It was my debut. I was nervous, said Perdomo (3-4), who gave up two earned runs in six innings in the Padres 4-3 loss to the Dodgers on Saturday. Now, Im a lot more relaxed. I just went out there and pitched, played baseball, and my sinker got a lot of ground balls today.Even though the game got away from the Padres on a contested play in the fifth inning, Wil Myers could see the difference.Ever since hes become a starter, hes been great, said Myers. Even right before that, he looked good. Hes becoming more confident. He can pitch, and we know he can compete at this level.It was 3-all in the fifth when Corey Seager scored from second base on a throwing error by shortstop Alexei Ramirez as he tried to complete a double play.With runners at first and second, Adrian Gonzalez hit a high bouncer to second baseman Ryan Schmipf, who threw to Ramirez for a forceout.Turner slid toward the outfield side of second base -- which he grabbed as he went by -- and Ramirez made a wide throw that glanced off the glove of first baseman Wil Myers. The Padres challenged the call, but replay upheld the original call that Turners slide was legal.Youre running along the grass and then the next that you know, youre six feet outside of the grass, so you clearly at some point in time changed his path, said Padres Manager Andy Green.Was it not close enough to call? I guess thats what they decided.No matter how the umpires ruled, Myers knew Seager should never have scored on the play.I just missed the ball. It was my fault, said Myers. It wasnt a bad throw. I just missed the ball, got too concerned with the runner, and just missed it. It was on me.Brandon McCarthy won his second straight start for the Dodgers after a 14-month recovery from Tommy John surgery.McCarthy (2-0) gave up three runs in five innings, including a first-inning, two-run homer by Yangervis Solarte.The right-hander retired 10 of the next 12 hitters, holding the Padres to a pair of walks. McCarthys win came six days after he threw five scoreless innings in his return from major surgery.Dodgers reliever Adam Liberatore got two outs for his club-record 24th consecutive scoreless appearance.ddddddddddddHe broke the mark of 23 set by John Candelaria in 1991.Kenley Jansen pitched a scoreless ninth for his 26th save.Solarte homered over the fence in right-center field to give the Padres a 2-0 lead in the first. Over his last 19 games, Solarte is hitting .380 (27 for 71) with seven doubles, four homers and 16 RBI.POMERANZ TO PETCOPadres starter Drew Pomeranz (8-7, 2.47) was picked on Saturday to the National Leagues All-Star team for the first time in his career.Hes earned everything hes gotten this year, Padres manager Andy Green said. Hes definitely rewarded the front office for the faith it had trading for him, and understanding the type of pitcher he could be, and is.MOST IN MAJORSTravis Jankowski easily stole second on the first pitch to Solarte in the first inning, his ninth theft in 16 games since June 21, the most in the majors during that stretch.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: C Derek Norris was back in the starting lineup after leaving Friday nights game with a right quad contusion suffered in a first-inning collision with Dodgers 2B Chase Utley. He regenerates quickly, Green said. He took a shot. Its a testament to how tough he is. We waited to post the starting lineup to see if he was capable of going.Dodgers: RHP Julio Urias will head to the minors to learn to pitch in relief, manager Dave Roberts said before the game. The Dodgers want the 19-year-old to learn to pitch in a variety of situations before reaching a team-imposing innings cap. The Dodgers will make the move after the All-Star break, Roberts said. ... OF Andre Ethier (fractured tibia), out since spring training, is playing catch, taking swings in the batting cage. Hes more of a baseball player now, Roberts said. The Dodgers are hoping hell return in early August.NEXT UPPadres: LHP Christian Friedrich (4-4, 4.42) starts in Sundays finale before the All-Star Game. After posting a 3-1 record with a 2.12 ERA over his first six appearances for the Padres, Friedrich is 1/3 with an 8.31 ERA over his last five. Hes given up six home runs in those five appearances.Dodgers: RHP Kenta Maeda (7-6, 3.07) hopes to right himself after three starts in which hes gone 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA, giving up three home runs along the way. Cheap Authentic Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen