m decides to undergo a rebuild, but that did

in Allgemein 01.07.2018 12:20
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Trade rumors are swirling this time of year in baseball, but Chicago White Sox left-hander Jose Quintana said he is avoiding the hysteria.The All-Star is scheduled to start Sundays series finale against the Detroit Tigers after the teams resume their 3-3 game that was suspended after eight innings Saturday night due to rain. The Tigers (51-46) will be trying for a four-game sweep.Quintana is focused on his current situation.I dont pay attention to that, Quintana said Saturday about trade rumblings. I dont have control over that.Quintana (8-8, 3.13 ERA) and teammate Chris Sale have been the subject of trade rumors for the fading White Sox (46-50), who have lost three straight and eight of nine and were seven games back in the wild card race.Quintana has allowed six combined runs in winning three consecutive starts. He gave up five runs and nine hits in 4 2/3 innings June 5 in his other start against Detroit this season.I want to stay here, Quintana said. I like it here, and I want to win here. And Im here. Im here for now.Among other potential distractions, the White Sox are also dealing with a clubhouse incident involving Sale. He was scratched from Saturdays start against the Tigers and sent home.Im not going to get into that, manager Robin Ventura said. I just know hes not going to pitch (Sunday).For Detroit, right-hander Anibal Sanchez (5-11, 6.60 ERA) is scheduled to start. He struck out 10 and allowed three runs in six innings Tuesday against the last-place Minnesota Twins. Sanchez is 2-6 with a 5.26 ERA in 10 career appearances against the White Sox.With injured players such as starting pitchers Daniel Norris and Jordan Zimmermann and outfielder J.D. Martinez nearing returns from the disabled list, the Tigers are expected to be quiet before the Aug. 1 trade deadline. The Tigers were 5 1/2 games behind the Cleveland Indians in the American League Central and 2 1/2 games back in the wild card race. General manager Al Avila thinks his team can reach the playoffs.What were really focusing on is trying to get the guys that are injured back and playing, Avila said. Those are going to be our major acquisitions.Norris, who has been on the disabled list since July 5 for a strained right oblique, made a rehab outing Saturday for Triple-A Toledo. After Zimmermann pitches Sunday for Toledo, the Tigers will evaluate whether he needs another rehab outing, Avila said. Zimmermann has been on the disabled list since July 1 for a strained right neck.I dont foresee us adding another starting pitcher or reliever at this point, Avila said. We put this team together in the wintertime thinking this team is the team thats going to compete and get us into the playoffs, and were going to stay that course. At this point, we dont really want to, in addition to that, trade away our good, young prospects for a two-month rental. We think right now we have the team that can take us into the playoffs barring any other major injuries. Sam Hubbard Stitched Jersey . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. Youth Bengals Jerseys . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. http://www.officialbengalsnflauthenticshop.com/logan-woodside-stitched-jersey/ . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. Throwback Bengals Jerseys . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. Black Bengals Jerseys . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. CHICAGO -- The White Sox scratched ace Chris Sale from Saturday nights start against the Detroit Tigers due to a reported dispute over the teams uniforms.According to ESPN and multiple reports, Sale expressed displeasure over having to wear the White Soxs 1976 navy, collared throwbacks, and the matter escalated from there, leading to a confrontation with a member of Chicagos front office. The team then decided to send Sale home from U.S. Cellular Field.FanRag Sports first reported?that Sale cut up the 1976 throwbacks during batting practice so they couldnt be worn. Fox Sports reported that Sales dislike for the uniforms was because he thought they were uncomfortable; Sale also thought the White Sox were putting PR and jersey sales ahead of winning.The White Sox instead played in their 1983 white, red and blue throwbacks, which they have worn in the past. Matt Albers got his first start since 2008 as the White Sox used six relievers on the mound Saturday.Saturday nights game was suspended after the eighth inning tied at 3 following a lengthy rain delay. It will resume Sunday at 2:10 p.m. ET, with the series finale to follow after its completion. Manager Robin Ventura said Sale will not start the second game; Jose Quintana?will stay on schedule and get the nod against the Tigers.News of Sales removal from his scheduled start Saturday night trickled out about an hour before the scheduled 7:15 p.m. ET first pitch in Chicago.?White Sox general manager Rick Hahn clarified what occurred in a statement released at about 6:45 p.m. ET.Chris Sale has been scratched from tonights scheduled start and sent home from the ballpark by the White Sox due to a clubhouse incident before the game, Hahn said. The incident, which was non-physical in nature, currently is under further investigation by the club. The White Sox will have no additional comment until the investigation is completed.After Saturday nights game, Ventura declined to discuuss the incident and would not comment on whether the team will take any further discipline.ddddddddddddNot going to discuss what went on in there, but unfortunate he didnt start tonight and Im proud of the guys that came in and filled in, Ventura said.Players were similarly tight-lipped.Asked about the incident that forced him to make an unexpected start, right-hander Albers responded: I think well keep that in-house.Added White Sox third baseman Todd Frazier: I cant really talk about that.?Sale has had run-ins with the White Soxs front office in the past, and sources around the team told ESPN that his relationship is strained with executive vice president Kenny Williams and others in the organization.Williams had no comment on Saturday nights incident.?The decision to scratch Sale was met with rampant speculation, especially considering that the five-time All-Star has been mentioned in trade rumors in recent days.The White Sox entered Saturday night in fourth place (46-50) in the American League Central, and Hahn recently told reporters he would be open-minded to all trade scenarios, with the exception of short-term rentals.Hahn said trading either his 27-year-old ace or fellow All-Star Quintana may be extreme, even if the team decides to undergo a rebuild, but that did not stop the trade talk from picking up in the hours before Sales scheduled start Saturday.The White Sox are reportedly asking for a massive haul in return for Sale -- one source told ESPN that Chicago is seeking five to seven prospects -- with the Boston Red Sox and Texas Rangers rumored to be among those interested.Sale is 14-3 with a 3.18 ERA this season. He had 274 strikeouts in 2015, the most in the AL.Information from ESPNs Katie Strang, Jerry Crasnick and Doug Padilla and The Associated Press was used in this report. Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen