ski eagled the par-5 18th for a 66.Hughes la

in Allgemein 12.07.2018 17:28
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Tony Stewart admits he faces a very steep, uphill battle to avoid elimination Sunday from the Chase for the Sprint Cup at Dover International Speedway.But he also readily admits that theres only so much he can do, and the frustration that a driver plays only so much -- or so little -- of a role in a sport that has become increasingly reliant on engineering is one of the reasons he will retire from Cup racing after this season.When we come off the truck [on Friday], we fight the same thing for three days and theres nothing I can do to fix it, Stewart told reporters Wednesday during a NASCAR-mandated media tour as part of his Chase obligations. Thats whats so frustrating for me as a driver. That is part of why Im ready to do something different is because I cant make a difference anymore.I cant do different things with my feet and different things with my hands and run a different line and fix the problem. I used to be able to do that. I cant do that anymore. You just get so frustrated you cant see straight.The three-time Cup champion joked about trying to not get suspended for his final eight races if he said too much, acknowledging he is exhausted from trying to play a role of outspoken veteran in a sport where he believes the drivers are often afraid to share their feelings.You can only beat the drum for so long and it can only fall on deaf ears for so long before you finally say, The people that need to make it better cant make it better, Stewart said.Stewart, 45, said Ive had my fill of fighting the fight as the driver to draw attention to issues of the way the sport operates.Theres 39 of these guys that 99 out of 100 times wont say a thing about it to [the media] or NASCAR or anybody else, and Im the one guy that most of the time will go, Man, this is a bad thing to talk about and I shouldnt talk about it, but Ill get pissed off enough to talk about it, Stewart said.Because I believe its worth talking about, and its worth addressing and its worth it at times when youre not getting their attention, youre like, OK, now Ive got to go a different way to get their attention to do something about it. That normally is when I get slapped on the hand with a fine.That doesnt mean Stewart is dreading the next eight weeks. He is 11 points out of the current Chase cutoff heading into Dover, a 1-mile concrete track where he has struggled in recent years.Ive got to go out and do the best I can with what Ive got, he said. Hopefully its good enough. If its not, its not. ... Right now, Im in a large, dark room and dont know where the wall is, let alone the light switch [to flip to run well].While Stewart plans to retire from Cup racing, he said he has told his sprint-car team management to be ready for him to run 40-50 races next season. He will have to wait until February to race because he will have screws taken out of his back -- he missed the first eight Cup races this year after suffering a broken back in a hard landing while driving a dune buggy -- in December. He said his first race next year will be on pavement and will be in someone elses equipment, but he wouldnt reveal more than that.Im going to enjoy these last eight weeks, no matter what happens this weekend, he said. Am I going to be upset if I dont make it to the next round? Yeah, absolutely. Thats natural. Thats what a competitor should be like.But if we dont, its not the end of my year. I have got seven more weeks after this weekend to go and do the best I can, try to get another win and try to finish on a high note. 49ers Jerseys China . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. San Francisco 49ers Fred Warner Jersey . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. http://www.cheap49ersjerseys.us/san-francisco-49ers-kentavius-street-jersey/ . On June 12, just as the sun sets on the magnificent historical city of Sao Paulo the inventors, innovators and purveyors of “joga bonitowill” open their campaign. The opponent, Croatia and all its football might and will. As opposites do attract we are set for a corker of an opener. San Francisco 49ers Dante Pettis Jersey .com) - The Calgary Flames aim to bounce back from their first regulation home loss of the campaign on Friday night when they host a Detroit Red Wings club that they swept in three meetings a season ago. San Francisco 49ers Jerseys For Sale .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Canadas Mackenzie Hughes won the Price Cutter Charity Championship on Sunday for his first Web.com Tour victory and a likely spot on the PGA Tour next season.The 25-year-old Hughes, a former Kent State player from Hamilton, Ontario, birdied the final hole in hot conditions at Highland Springs for a 6-under 66 and a one-stroke victory over Richy Werenski.This is the hardest day of my life, Hughes said. Im so proud of the way I hung in there. I had to dig so deep. The thoughts were going crazy in my head.Trying to quiet that down was the greatest challenge Ive had in my life. I kid you not, there were so many times I thought about the outcome and what it could mean to my family and everything like that. I had to bring myself back so many times. I just wanted to get across the line and it feels so good.Hughes finished at 24-under 264 and earned $121,500 to jump from 88th to 14th on the money list with $165,248.ddddddddddddThe top 25 after the final two regular-season events will earn PGA Tour cards.Thats silly talk right there, Hughes said. PGA Tour? Lets go. Its exciting.Werenski eagled the par-5 18th for a 66.Hughes laid up on the 18th, and hit his 108-yard third shot to a foot.That is the moment of my career so far, Hughes said. There were some moments where I need to hit a shot and I needed to make a putt.Making his 40th start on the tour, Hughes opened with two rounds of 67 and shot a 67 on Saturday to take a one-stroke lead into the final round.Kevin Tway was third at 21 under after a 67. Chris Baker (68) and Xander Schauffele (69) were 20 under. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen