FORT MYERS, Fla. [url=http://www.authoritychiefsshop.com/will-redmond-chiefs-jersey-c-83/ ]Will Redmond Jersey[/url] . -- Boston

in Allgemein 13.07.2018 10:58
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

FORT MYERS, Fla. Will Redmond Jersey . -- Boston Red Sox right-hander Ryan Dempster plans to take this season off, a decision that surprised teammates and will cost the 16-year veteran $13.25 million in salary. Dempster said Sunday he is stepping away for physical reasons and to spend more time with his family. But he left a slight opening to play in 2015. "I had an incredible run, a chance to play 16 years in the major leagues and be around a lot of great teammates, made a lot of good friendships, great friendships," Dempster said one day before the first formal spring training workout for pitchers and catchers. "Im totally comfortable with it. Im at peace with my decision." Dempster, whose contract expires after this season, finished his only year with the Red Sox with an 8-9 record and a 4.57 ERA and didnt get a start during their post-season run to a World Series title. "The past few years have been tougher and tougher," he said. "As you get older, going through some things, some issues I have with my neck that have made it harder and harder to throw a baseball and throw it like Im accustomed to throw it" contributed to his decision. And, he said, "Ive got three amazing children that I want to watch grow up and be around." The Red Sox still have a solid veteran rotation with Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz, John Lackey, Jake Peavy and Felix Doubront, and several promising young starters. If theyre seeking a veteran to add depth, they could consider right-handed free agents Ervin Santana and Ubaldo Jimenez. "I like the staff that we have," manager John Farrell said. Several teammates watched as Dempster made his announcement, including Lester, Buchholz, Lackey, Peavy, first baseman Mike Napoli, second baseman Dustin Pedroia, catcher David Ross and reliever Andrew Miller. "Everybody wants to soak in their last moments of being around him," Miller said. "Hes a great guy. He left quite his mark and will be remembered fondly around here." The decision, Miller said, "was a shock to everybody." Dempster said he spoke with the club a few weeks ago about taking the season off. And what about 2015? "I dont know yet," he said. "If something changes then, obviously, something changes, but I dont see that changing." Dempster pitched with the Florida Marlins, Cincinnati Reds, Chicago Cubs, Texas Rangers and Red Sox. He is 132-133 with a 4.35 ERA and made the All-Star team in 2008 when he went 17-6 with a 2.96 ERA with the Cubs. He was Chicagos closer from 2005-07, totalling 85 saves. He began the 2012 season with the Cubs then went to the Rangers at the trade deadline. Boston signed Dempster to a $26.5 million, two-year deal before last season. He will lose half that amount by sitting out this year. "The money was not that much of a difficult decision," he said, but "Im a little sad that I wont be around" his teammates as they try to defend their championship. "There arent too many people who could say that the time is right to walk away from a game that I love, thats treated me so well," Red Sox reliever Craig Breslow said, "and particularly when theres a pretty sizeable amount of money thats being left on the table." General manager Ben Cherington said Dempster told him of the decision about 10 days ago. "It came out of left field," Cherington said. Players didnt find out until Sunday. "At first I didnt really know what to say. It caught me off guard," Napoli said. "Thats how everyone wants to go out, on their own terms." Dempster was praised for his upbeat personality that helped the Red Sox recover from a collapse at the end of the 2012 season and transform the clubhouse into a positive place. Farrell also admired the way he accepted his demotion from the rotation for the post-season. "A consummate team player," Farrell said. While Dempster struggled at times on the field last year, he kept the clubhouse loose. "His comedic value will be sorely missed," Miller said. Dempster pitched just one inning in the World Series, a scoreless ninth in Bostons 8-1 win over St. Louis in Game 1. He ended it by striking out Matt Adams. "If this is the end, then this is the end, and what a great way to go out," Dempster said. Notes: The Red Sox signed right-hander Francisco Cordero to a minor-league contract with an invitation to the major-league camp. A closer for most of his career, he didnt pitch last year after struggling in 2012. In 14 seasons with six teams, he is 47-53 with a 3.38 ERA and 329 saves. ... Miller and the Red Sox agreed to a one-year contract worth $1,903,125, avoiding arbitration. Miller had asked for $2.15 million and had been offered $1.55 million. He made $1,475,000 last year. Boston has no remaining players in arbitration. Will Redmond Chiefs Jersey . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Tonight, Michigans Nik Stauskas of Mississauga, Ontario. Breeland Speaks Jersey .Y. - Alex Rodriguez paid $305,000 for evidence that could be used in the case involving the Biogenesis of America drug clinic, the Daily News reported Saturday. http://www.authoritychiefsshop.com/demarcus-robinson-chiefs-jersey-c-74/ . -- Stacy Lewis shot 7-under 65 to lead the LPGA Tour team to the championship of the 3Tour Challenge on Tuesday.SANTA CLARA, Calif. - San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York stopped by Jim Harbaughs office Monday morning, and the coach said the two had a real good talk about the direction of the franchise.Harbaugh called the meeting a typical conversation, though nothing surrounding the 49ers coach seems to be typical these days. He said both expressed appreciation for the job theyre doing and the team is moving forward as usual in preparation for next Monday nights game at St. Louis.Everybody in the organization is doing their job, everybody is working hard at the craft of helping us be the best we can possibly be as a football team, and thats all you can ask of anybody, Harbaugh said. Theyre doing their best, and nobody appreciates that like I do. I know thats what Jed appreciates. We work at the pleasure of the York family and the San Francisco 49ers organization, and thats our job a€” do the best we possibly can. And I see everybody doing that.The drama involving Harbaugh bubbled up again last week.NFL commentators and former players Deion Sanders and Trent Dilfer were among those that said Harbaugh had lost the locker room and the trust of his players. Another report questioned whether Harbaugh would be back with the 49ers next season.York finally broke his silence on the topic, taking to Twitter before San Franciscos 22-17 win over Kansas City on Sunday to try to quiet the latest fuss about Harbaughs future. York posted: Jim is my coach. We are trying to win a SB (Super Bowl), not a personality or popularity contest. Any more questions?Many players also publicly backed Harbaugh and dismissed discussion that theres friction between the coach and the locker room. Quarterback Colin Kaepernicks comments echoed loudest.I love Coach Harbaugh. Id go to war with him any day of the week, Kaepernick said. Hes a competitor, he wants to win and hes going to do anything to put this team in a position to win.Harbaugh is in the fourth season of a $25 million, five-year contractt he signed in January 2011 when he left a successful stint at Stanford to become the 49ers coach. Anthony Hitchens Chiefs Jersey. York said last year he hoped to get a new deal done for Harbaugh during the off-season, but that didnt happen. Instead, reports surfaced that the Cleveland Browns inquired about trading for Harbaugh.Harbaugh has continued to describe his relationship with York, general manager Trent Baalke and the front office as very good. He praised his players again Monday, saying anybody questioning whether theres an issue with the team only needs to look at the effort the 49ers (3-2) have put forth while winning the past two games.Its an enjoyable team to be around. The way they play, the way they fight, the way they play together, Harbaugh said. My dad mentioned it when he was here for two weeks, the feeling he had for our team and how they interact, but the evidence is how they play. Thats a team that plays.In an interview on the Rich Eisen Show on DirecTV on Monday, York acknowledged that Harbaugh has a difficult personality and his competitive attitude sometimes rubs people the wrong way.When asked if he was aware that his temperament can bother some in the organization, Harbaugh responded: No. Not so much.However he does it, Harbaughs way wins.In his first season, Harbaugh earned NFL Coach of the Year honours while leading the 49ers back to the playoffs following an eight-year stretch without a playoff berth or winning record. San Francisco lost in the NFC championship game that season to the eventual Super Bowl champion New York Giants.Harbaugh followed that up by coaching the 49ers to their first Super Bowl appearance in 18 years, but San Francisco missed out on the franchises sixth championship by losing to his brother John Harbaughs Baltimore Ravens. The 49ers went back to the NFC championship game last season, losing to the eventual Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen