(Lewis) about it and see what we come up with, Herna

in Allgemein 19.07.2018 13:36
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

TUCSON, Ariz. -- Arizona bumped DeWayne Russell, followed him wherever he went, made it difficult for the nations second-leading scorer all night long.Russell still managed to score 19 points, but the 19th-ranked Wildcats earned the victory.Arizona overcame a rash of turnovers and a disjointed-at-times offense with a hounding defense, making Russell work for everything he got in a 64-54 win over Grand Canyon on Wednesday night.It was just knowing what he wants to do, where he wants to go and eliminating that, Arizonas Kobi Simmons said of stopping Russell.Russell entered the game scoring 25.4 points per game and had 42 against No. 11 Louisville , one of the nations best defensive teams.The slightly built senior guard is the focal point of every teams defense and it was no different against Arizona.The Wildcats (9-2) used a physical tactic against Russell, chasing and bumping him all over McKale Center while holding him to 8-of-21 shooting and 1 of 7 from 3-point range.DeWaynes unbelievable, Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle said. To be keyed on, especially with the team we have, they know hes going to be the guy getting all the shots and he finds a way to get some shots up.Arizona needed that kind of effort on a night filled with turnovers and shots that wouldnt fall.The Wildcats built a 16-point lead in the first half, but allowed the short-handed Antelopes to claw most of the way back due to a rash of turnovers.Arizona had 19 turnovers overall and struggled shooting in the second half before wearing down Grand Canyon for its 39th straight non-conference home win.Simmons scored 13 points, and Rawle Alkins added 11 points and eight rebounds for the Wildcats.I thought it was a great challenge for our players, especially our freshmen, Arizona coach Sean Miller said. Were going to run into some of this moving forward and some of the teams that play with their style, are that physical and that tough-minded are also going to be much bigger.Grand Canyon (5-5), which is in the final year of its transition to Division I, kept Louisville within reach until late last week and did the same against Arizona.Russell almost singlehandedly kept the Antelopes in the Louisville game, but had help against Arizona in one of college basketballs toughest road arenas.Russell had 11 points in the first half, helping Grand Canyon trim a 16-point deficit to 32-25 by halftime.Arizona had 12 turnovers in the first half and struggled to make shots early in the second, allowing the Antelopes to trim the lead to 44-40. Arizona tried to pull away after that, but Oscar Frayer stayed aggressive as the Wildcats keyed on Russell, scoring all of his 16 points in the second half to keep the game from being a blowout.We played really hard tonight, Russell said. Thats one thing we can definitely hang our hats on: We play hard.BIG PICTUREGrand Canyon played well against a Top 25 team for the second time in a week and should be set up well for when the WAC season starts.Arizona was not nearly as crisp as it was in a blowout win over Missouri the last time out, playing disjointedly on offense at times but well on defense.FREE THROWSArizonas size advantage led to a big disparity in free throws. The Wildcats went to the line 27 times and made 20, while the Antelopes took just 12, hitting six.SCHEDULING TOUGHMajerle has been aggressive about scheduling top-quality opponents for the Antelopes, hoping to prepare them for the jump to Division I next season while giving the program exposure.Grand Canyon opened this season at top-ranked Duke, hosted Louisville earlier this season, and previously had games against Kentucky and Indiana.This should only help us, Majerle said.UP NEXTGrand Canyon hosts Mississippi State on Saturday to kick off a four-game home stand.Arizona plays at Texas A&M on Saturday, its final road game before the Pac-12 season starts.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Johnny Pesky Jersey .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. Roger Clemens Jersey . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2. http://www.cheapredsoxjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-bill-lee-jersey .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Cheap Red Sox Jerseys . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. Cheap Boston Red Sox Jerseys . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . American light flyweight Nico Hernandezs Cinderella run at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics came to an end when he lost a unanimous three-round decision to Hasanboy Dusmatov, of Uzbekistan, in the semifinals on Friday.Hernandez lost 30-27, 29-28 and 29-28 but will receive a bronze because both semifinal losers receive one in the boxing competition.Hernandez is the first American male boxer to claim an Olympic medal of any kind since heavyweight Deontay Wilder received a bronze at the 2008 Games in Beijing.Im definitely disappointed. I didnt want to go home with a bronze medal. I wanted to go home with gold, Hernandez said. I know, win or lose, my supporters back home are proud of me either way.I ended the drought of medaling and it was definitely a great feeling being the first one in eight years but, like I said before, I didnt want to go home with a bronze medal. Im just going to move on from here.Dusmatov, a southpaw, will face Colombias Yurberjen Herney Martinez Rivas for the gold medal in the 108-pound weight class final on Sunday afternoon.Rivas upset Johanys Argilagos, of Cuba, by split decision in the other light flyweight semifinal on Friday.The 20-year-old Hernandez, of Wichita, Kansas, finished the tournament 3-1 and became the first American light flyweight to win a medal since Michael Carbajal, who went on to have a Hall of Fame professional career, claimed silver in the 1988 Olympics in Seoul.Hernandez was not expected to reach the medal round but put himself in great position when he upset Vasilii Egorov, of Russia, the No. 2 seed in the weight class, in Mondays quarterfinals.Then Hernandez advanced to the semifinals with a unanimous decision against Ecuadors Carlos Eduardo Quipo Palaxti on Wednesday.Dusmatov, however, proved to be a bit better in what was a winnable match for Hernandez.He was the better man than me, Hernandez said. What I thought I did wrong was I let him get too close and make it a dirty fight instead of moving on my feet and staying on the outside.Hernandez lost the first round - as he did in each of his Olympic bouts - and the second round on all three scorecards as Dusmatov was precise with counter left hands. Hernandez suffered a cut over his left eye late in the second round; head gear, whhich usually prevented most cuts in past Olympics, was eliminated for this year.ddddddddddddWhen I got cut my vision went a little blurry and I could really see that well, Hernandez said. But after (his corner) cleaned it up it got better and it didnt really affect me too much.Hernandez was more aggressive and pressed the action in the third round, although the fight was briefly halted so the ringside doctor could check the cut before allowing it to continue. Two of the three judges scored the final round for Hernandez, who will receive his medal during the ceremony on Sunday.Going into the decision, I knew it was going to be a close fight, Hernandez said. I thought it could have gone either way so I was definitely disappointed I lost, but I know the fight was too close and I let it be way too closer than it should (have been).I fought his fight instead of my own. I let him come in and make the fight too wild and thats why I lost.The 2012 U.S. mens boxing team did not win a single medal for the first time in history, a shock considering Team USA had won a total of 110 medals - the most for any nation -- including 49 gold medals. So Hernandezs medal, No. 111, was a big boost for USA Boxing, which in November hired head coach Billy Walsh away from Ireland, where he had success, to try to revive the flagging program.Im proud to end the drought of medaling for USA Boxing, Hernandez said. Im definitely proud that I made it to this level, definitely blessed.As for whether he will turn pro next or look to make another medal run at the 2020 Olympic in Tokyo remains to be seen. The disappointment from Fridays loss was still too fresh to make such an important decision.Im gonna take a little break off boxing after this and talk to my father (Lewis) about it and see what we come up with, Hernandez said.Also Friday, Team USA lightweight Carlos Balderas, 19, of Santa Maria, California, lost a unanimous decision -- 30-27 on all three scorecards --- to Cubas Lazaro Alvarez, the No. 1 seed, in the quarterfinals and was eliminated from medal contention as the American men dropped to 6-3 overall at the Rio Games. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen