hooter they want, even the same player over a

in Allgemein 19.07.2018 13:38
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

Less than 24 hours ago, Conor McGregor wasnt even officially scheduled to headline UFC 205 in New York.It did not take long for the Irish star to make his presence felt.The UFC rolled into Madison Square Garden on Tuesday to promote its UFC 205 pay-per-view event on Nov. 12. The main event, a lightweight championship fight between McGregor and Eddie Alvarez, was made official only late Monday evening.As usual, it was McGregor who took center stage -- more so than the companys longest-tenured star, president Dana White.McGregor (20-3) is still the promotions featherweight champion and is vying to become just the third fighter in history to win UFC titles in multiple weight classes. He would also become the first ever to hold those titles simultaneously -- which appears to be a point of contention between him and the UFC.Im gonna wrap one [belt] on one shoulder and the other on the other shoulder, McGregor said. And youre gonna need a f---ing army to come take them belts off me.Alvarez (28-4) referred to McGregor as easy money, and accused him of quitting in fights. McGregor, who claimed hell make an estimated $40 million in 2016, laughed off Alvarezs remarks and mocked his pay for the upcoming title fight (Alvarezs purse has not been publicly disclosed).He also predicted an early finish, as hes known to do.I run New York, said McGregor, eliciting cheers. I run this whole ship. Mystic Mac predicts, Im gonna KO you inside one round.Hes very lucky to be in the position hes in. He understands that, and thats why he took this fight on the money he was on for his last fight. Just another broke bum, trying to sell some s---. Weve heard it all before. Its just another broke bum, who cant afford to pay his bills.Not everyone was amused by McGregors shtick.Interim featherweight champion Jose Aldo (26-2), who lost the title to McGregor via first-round KO in December, told Brazilian news outlet Combate he doesnt believe the UFC will ever force McGregor to either defend or vacate his belt. Aldo, 30, went so far as to request his release from the UFC.UFC veteran Nate Diaz (19-11), who defeated McGregor on 11 days notice in March before dropping a majority decision in an August rematch, referred to McGregor and Alvarez as fake on social media, adding that theyre up there fighting for that [No. 2] spot.Diaz has said the only fight hell accept is a McGregor trilogy.McGregor, who flew in last minute from Dublin to attend the news conference, acted like a man calling his shots. He said he agreed to the Alvarez fight 10 days ago.UFC 205 will mark the UFCs first trip to New York since a 1997 ban on professional mixed martial arts was lifted earlier this year. It will also officially mark McGregors lightweight debut in the UFC. He was supposed to fight former champion Rafael dos Anjos in March, but that bout fell through due to injury. His two fights against Diaz were at welterweight.I feel 155 pounds will be the [weight class] I take over the most, so I look forward to that, McGregor said. Authentic Derwin James Jersey . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. Authentic Uchenna Nwosu Jersey . On June 12, just as the sun sets on the magnificent historical city of Sao Paulo the inventors, innovators and purveyors of “joga bonitowill” open their campaign. The opponent, Croatia and all its football might and will. As opposites do attract we are set for a corker of an opener. http://www.cheapchargersjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-scott-quessenberry-jersey . 10 VCU 85-67 on Thursday night at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Seminoles (4-0) have scored at least 80 points in each of their games. Authentic Justin Jackson Jersey . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Cheap Chargers Jerseys . Neymar curled home a free kick from just outside the area to put the 2014 World Cup host ahead in the 44th minute. Three minutes after the break, a simple through pass from Paulinho freed Oscar and the Chelsea star rounded goalkeeper Jung Sung-ryong to extend Brazils lead. TORONTO -- Pending free agents remain the biggest concern when it comes to expansion after the GMs meetings Tuesday.The Las Vegas expansion team and some of the 30 existing teams are worried about less-than-honest agreements circumventing the expansion-draft rules.What, GMs looking for loopholes? Come on.Specifically, GMs worry that Vegas could take advantage of the 48-hour window before the expansion draft in June to quietly agree to terms on a deal with a pending unrestricted free agent, then wait until July 1 to sign him, so as to pluck another player off a teams roster in the expansion draft.This would circumvent the rule that if a team loses a free agent to Vegas in that 48-hour free-agent-signing window, it cannot lose another player in the expansion draft. Some GMs worry that veteran GM George McPhee, who wasnt born yesterday, would take advantage of the situation.Conversely?George has the same concerns about existing teams doing those types of deals with players they dont have to protect, deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Tuesday after the GMs meeting.McPhee wisely worries that a team or two might do a drawer deal with a pending UFA but not officially sign it until after the expansion draft. Why? Teams dont have to protect pending free agents because they arent eligible for the expansion draft. Heres an example: If the San Jose Sharks didnt officially re-sign Joe Thornton until after the expansion draft, they could protect another player.There has to be a high level of diligence to make sure those things dont happen and to make sure people know there will be significant penalties imposed if they were to screw around with the rules, Daly said.Daly said violators of the expansion rules forgo a first-round draft pick, so penalties in the same vein would be appropriate.?New Jersey Devils GM Ray Shero insisted anyone would be crazy to attempt that type of circumvention.I certainly dont want to be involved in that because I certainly love my job and cant afford the fine, Shero said with a smile. Sure, we talked about it today [in the GMs meeting]. Those are the what-ifs? But with anything, everything has to pass the smell test with the league. You got to have some big you-know-whats to screw around with that.Rule 48 rages onAs one GM succinctly put it Tuesday, the consensus on Rule 48 is that there is no consensus.The room is split among GMs who fear that tweaking Rule 48 will further decrease the physicality of the game and those who are fearful of blindside hits -- hits to a player who doesnt see it coming -- and want the blindside language put back into Rule 48 (blindside was taken out in 2012).NHL Player Safety met with eight GMs on Monday ahead of Tuesdays full GMs meeting in order to get a head start on the raging Rule 48 debate thhat was renewed after?Toronto Maple Leafs?center?Nazem Kadris hit on the Vancouver Canucks Daniel Sedin two weeks ago.dddddddddddd That hit didnt warrant a suspension because the shoulder was hit first, so it wasnt deemed a head shot. But it was definitely a blindside hit to a vulnerable player.?Now what? Said one of the eight GMs in the room Monday when they voted on the Kadri-Sedin hit: The room was split.It will be talked about again at the March meetings, but finding consensus is proving difficult.It is the hardest part,?Winnipeg Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff said. Im sure if you put 15 of you media guys in the room and ask to raise your hand, yes or no, youre probably going to be split on a lot of things. And thats generally the conversation here. Theres a lot of passion on both sides of the coin when it comes to hitting and making sure that is still an integral part of the game because nobody wants to see that lost. Now, certainly the mindset is players safety first. The hard part, and I feel for Player Safety, they have to rule by the letter of the rule.Added?Philadelphia Flyers?GM Ron Hextall: No one wants to see blindside hits, but when you put that blindside [language] in [Rule 48], youre going to eliminate a lot of things. You also encourage players to turn away from hits. Its not as easy and simple as people think it is. I wish it was. I think its one of those issues that needs to be looked at and studied and talked about before any rash decision is made.Colorado Avalanche GM and Hall of Famer Joe Sakic said he doesnt like hits on vulnerable players, but he added that the player with the puck has responsibility too.Theres some good, hard hits, and youve got to keep that, Sakic said. I also think its up to the players with the puck that you got to keep your head up as well. You have to have awareness.Shootout change coming?St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong proposed discussion about tweaking the shootout.My thought process was that we had great drama in Sochi with what T.J. Oshie did, Armstrong said, referring to Oshies being given and scoring on multiple shootout attempts in a game against the Russians in the 2014 Winter Olympics.The Blues GM proposed that teams use three shooters, but if the shootout goes on, coaches could deploy any shooter they want, even the same player over and over again. In other words, it would be similar to international rules.As another GM said, why do fans want to see the seventh defenseman or 13th forward take a shootout attempt when the shootouts go long? Why not put your best players in the spotlight for the whole shootout?The GMs will discuss it again at the March meetings. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen