om Moscow, won his third Rocket Richard Tro

in Allgemein 21.07.2018 04:28
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

When Upul Tharanga first toured England a decade ago, he opened the batting with such devastating élan that he amassed 347 runs at 69.40 in Sri Lankas 5-0 whitewash. Five years later, he scored an unbeaten century against the same opponents to complete a ruthless 10-wicket victory in the World Cup quarter-final.This time around, however, rather than furrowing his brow to face down the new ball, Tharanga has been asked to do a job down the order, coming in at No. 7 against England after brief appearances at No. 8 and No. 9 in Ireland. It seems an odd job for a 31-year-old who has played as an opener in 156 of his 185 ODIs to date but it is one that Tharanga says he is happy to do.Ive done it before, for 10-15 games, in Australia and Sri Lanka. So it is not something new to me, he said before the fourth match of the series, at The Kia Oval. Most of my career I have batted as a top-order batsman but it is good, I am enjoying it. It is up to the management, what they need from me. At the moment, they need me to bat in the middle order, so Im happy to help the team. Lots of players are new players, so we have to give them experience and advice also.With Sri Lanka still looking to rebuild their one-day side after the retirements of Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene last year, it seems that Tharanga has been identified as the man to provide some nous in the latter part of the innings. A flowing, if inconsistent, strokeplayer, he has had to try and learn a few new tricks in order to fill the brief, and innings of 53 not out off 49 balls and 40 off 33 at Edgbaston and Bristol respectively have hinted at promise without quite banishing the suspicion he might be better utilised.The half-century was his first significant score for Sri Lanka since making 174 not out (opening the batting) against India in Kingston almost three years ago. The selectors lost patience with him again soon after, with nine more appearances accruing haphazardly across 2014 and 2015, and Tharanga now appears willing to fulfil whatever role is required of him in order to continue a career that has reaped 13 ODI hundreds - more than any Englishman.If I bat from the 30th over, I think I can play my normal game. If I go in for the last few overs, obviously I have to change my game. In the nets Im trying different things, he said.As a cricketer, I always want to play for my country. In the last few years, I am in and out of the team. So I am happy to be here. The last domestic season, I did well, so thats why I got the opportunity - even batting six-seven. So Im happy to do something for my country.Tharangas success in the first-class Premier League tournament, in which he scored 803 runs at 61.76, came while batting in the top order, as did his impressive performances more recently in the Dhaka Premier League. But with Tillakaratne Dilshan absent from the tour of England, Sri Lanka have preferred Kusal Perera and Danushka Gunathilaka as openers, followed by another international greenhorn in Kusal Mendis at No. 3.Tharangas advice for how Sri Lanka could put England under greater pressure in the final two ODIs was for someone higher up to go on to a match-defining score - though it was delivered sincerely, without any sense of implied criticism. Sri Lanka have yet to beat England across three Tests and three ODIs but could still turn around and win the series. As a batting unit, we need to concentrate, put on big partnerships and big scores, he said.I came for the one-day tournament and, as a team, I think we are in really good shape. Even though we lost the game, I think our batsmen are doing really well - we only need a big score. The last few games, everyone got 40, 50. Thats why we are getting 250-260. As a batting unit we need someone in the top four to get a big score. If we can get that we can get 300. The bowlers are going a good job, the wickets are good for batting. We someone to get a big score. Carlton Fisk Jersey . After a replay, the winner will meet Sunderland in the quarterfinals. Sagbo did well to control Sone Alukos right cross and fire past Brighton goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. Aluko was making his first start in four months after recovering from an Achilles injury. Cheap Boston Red Sox Jerseys . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. http://www.cheapredsoxjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-nomar-garciaparra-jersey . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. Rusney Castillo Jersey . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. Christian Vazquez Jersey .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. TORONTO, Ontario -- Pittsburgh Penguins centre Sidney Crosby, Washington Capitals right-winger Alex Ovechkin and Tampa Bay Lightning right-winger Martin St. Louis have been nominated as finalists for the Ted Lindsay Award. The award is presented annually to the most outstanding player in the NHL as voted by fellow members of the NHL Players Association. Crosby, Ovechkin and St. Louis have all previously won the award, which is voted on by the players themselves. This years winner will be announced during the Stanley Cup final. Crosby, from Cole Harbour, N.S., had 56 points (15 goals, 411 assists) in 36 games this past season.dddddddddddd He was tied for third in the league in points, second in assists and first in points per game (1.56). Ovechkin, from Moscow, won his third Rocket Richard Trophy after leading the NHL in goals with 32. He had 56 points and ranked first with 16 power-play goals. St. Louis, from Laval, Que., led the league with 43 assists and 60 points. He was second in points per game (1.25). The award honours Ted Lindsay, an all-star forward known for his skill, tenacity, leadership, and for his role in establishing the original NHLPA. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen