take things as they come if he wants to find himself wi

in Allgemein 22.07.2018 15:46
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

The Cavaliers may have recently broken the city of Clevelands championship curse, but Philadelphias run of bad luck with their rookies has unfortunately continued. 2016 first overall pick Ben Simmons suffered a fracture of the fifth metatarsal bone of his right foot on Friday. Simmons rolled his right ankle during the teams final training camp scrimmage at Stockton University.The team has given no indication when the Aussie phenom might be able to return to basketball activities.Its yet another setback for a team that has been inundated with major injuries to their most recent draft picks. Nerlens Noel sat out his first full season while recovering from a torn ACL, and Joel Embiid will finally make his NBA debut this season after sitting out the first two seasons of his professional career with foot ailments of his own. In addition, last years No. 3 overall pick Jahlil Okafor began his rookie campaign healthy, but succumbed to a knee injury after 53-games.Its Simmons injury, however, that threatens to derail a promising Philadelphia core.The 610 point forward has been anticipated as a franchise player since his lone season with Louisiana State, and heralded as the savior for a fanbase that hasnt had much to cheer about in recent years.Simmons was drafted to be the new face of Philadelphia, and their on-floor leader. In six Summer League games in July, Simmons averaged 10.8 points, 7.7 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game, impressing with his all-round versatility, and ability to play all five positions -- something that 76ers coach Brett Brown definitely took advantage of.Fridays injury means fans wont be seeing Simmons wizardry for a while.Although its still too early to assess the ramifications for Simmons, its worth noting that it has not been confirmed whether he suffered an avulsion fracture of his foot, or the dreaded Jones fracture.Avulsion fractures account for 90 percent of all fractures of the base of the fifth metatarsal, and rehab time is typically 6-8 weeks, but history suggests that players with larger frames who suffer through foot and ankle problems early in their career, never return as the player they once were.One positive for Simmons is that the Brooklyn Nets Brook Lopez, who suffered a stress fracture of the fifth metatarsal, returned in under two months and played at an All-Star level. Obviously, the size and weight of a player makes a huge difference in the recovery process.In recent months Simmons had added almost 33 pounds as he prepared his body for the rigors of the NBA season.I am a lot stronger now than I was in college and it will help me take hits and bumps, Simmons said on Monday at the teams new practice facility during the teams media day. When I started at LSU, I was about 217 (pounds) and now Im about 250, so I gained a lot of weight.Renowned trainer Tim Grover speculated that Simmons added weight might have contributed to the injury, but the pathology of an avulsion fracture suggests the injury occurs after forcible inversion of the foot, which, given the injury to Simmons occurred during a scrimmage, gives optimism that the injury is not as severe as a Jones fracture.Where does this leave the 76ers as the season approaches?Although its unfair to have expected Simmons to carry this still developing Philadelphia team to a playoff berth, his absence will leave a cavernous hole in coach Brett Browns system. Brown had talked about starting Simmons at power forward (his most natural position in the modern NBA), but also playing him as the teams primary ball-handler for large portions of games as well.A logjam at the frontcourt positions means the 76ers can plug any one of Noel, Okafor, Embiid, and unproven rookie Dario Saric in at the power forward position, but Simmons absence puts an end to any vision Brown had of utilizing the Australians versatility and causing match-up nightmares for opposition coaches.Short term what this means for Simmons is that his career has been put on hold for the moment. Its an obstacle that hell have to overcome, and he can lean on teammates who have been in this same position before him. Long term, questions will linger as to if and how this injury will affect him.I think its still surreal for me, Simmons mused on Monday. I think itll finally hit me once I step on the court matched up against OKC the first game.Now fans are left to wonder when that first game will actually be. Ryan Ellis Jersey .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. Matt Irwin Jersey . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. http://www.predatorsjerseyscheap.com/?tag=colton-sissons-jersey . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. P. K. Subban Jersey . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. Nick Bonino Jersey . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. JOLIET, Ill. -- Kyle Busch put his 2016 wins to good use Friday. He used them to win a pole.The top seed in the Chase for the third time in his career, Busch for the first time enters the postseason as the defending champion. He believes the confidence earned by winning the Sprint Cup can help as he tries to earn back-to-back championships.We have a lot of expectations on us, but I feel as though being able to win the championship last year it sort of solidified my career a little bit more, Busch said. [It] also gave us the opportunity to know that were a championship team and we can do this.Weve just got to make sure that things kind of go our way and youve got to have a little bit of luck on your side in order to get there to the end.The key to Busch winning the 2015 title was his allowing the Chase to come to him. He didnt run up front all that much as he led more than 20 laps in the Chase-opening race and then not again until leading 41 on the way to the win in the championship event at Homestead, Florida.He did what he had to do to advance and then capitalized on the opportunity.That will be his goal again starting Sunday in the Chase-opening race at Chicagoland Speedway.He will start from the pole as qualifying was canceled because rain washed out the initial practice scheduled for early Friday afternoon. All of the 16 Chase drivers will line up 1 to 16, with Busch and Brad Keselowski -- the two drivers with four wins this year -- on the front row.Anything can happen, Busch said. We could have a bad car to start off the race and we could fade real quick and well have to fight our way back. Hopefully that doesnt happen.The pole will give him the coveted first pit stall at pit out position, which could be key at Chicagoland, often a track posittion affair.dddddddddddd Busch just hopes he can put it to good use -- it could be a wild start with drivers who would have qualified better starting further back because they lined up by points.With all the Chase guys starting up front all together, that certainly is going to be an interesting situation that all of us are going to be right on top of each other to fire off, Busch said. Youre going to see some guys that are deeper in the field that will have some speed.It will be interesting to see what happens there and what the Chase guys do and how many of them dont have the speed they need.Busch is keeping himself busy on the track this weekend. He is competing in all three national series events. The truck race Friday night -- which he won -- was his last in that series of the year. In addition to the Xfinity Series race Saturday, he has races coming up at Dover, Kansas and Phoenix left on that series schedule.Is that good?Yes and no, Busch said. It could go both ways.Busch will have to just take things as they come if he wants to find himself with a shot at Homestead. Last year, after missing 11 races because of injury, he felt he was playing with house money in the Chase.Hell try to carry that feeling again.Youve got a different or a better mindset of being able to race for a championship after once accomplishing one because you knew what it took to accomplish that and last year it was not all that stressful, Busch said.We just kind of let it play out and be as it was and we were going to be happy with the results no matter what, so youve kind of got to do the same thing this time around and let fate be with you. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen