The Los Angeles Angels try to increase their lead atop the American League West standings on Wednesday night with a third straig

in Allgemein 26.07.2018 11:08
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

The Los Angeles Angels try to increase their lead atop the American League West standings on Wednesday night with a third straight victory as they resume a four-game set with the Boston Red Sox. Chandler Parsons Jersey . The Angels have won six of their last seven games, putting them a half-game ahead of the Oakland Athletics in the division standings. You can watch the game live on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt. Los Angeles dropped two of three at home to Boston from Aug. 8-9, but have opened this series with victories of 4-2 and 4-3. Last nights one-run victory saw Chris Iannetta snap a tie game with an RBI double in the ninth inning. Kole Calhoun, Mike Trout and Albert Pujols also drove in a run apiece for the Angels, while Joe Smith tossed a scoreless eighth inning to get the win and Huston Street left two on in the ninth while picking up his 10th save. "The bullpen has been pitching a lot and theyve really stepped up," said Angels manager Mike Scioscia. "Joe and Huston finished that game off and they really stuck it to them." David Ortiz homered, with Brock Holt and Mike Napoli adding an RBI each as the Red Sox stumbled to their third straight defeat and fourth in five games. Koji Uehara took the loss after being charged with the deciding run, yielding a two-out ground-rule double to Brennan Boesch before Iannettas go-ahead hit. "There is some positives to take away from this game," said Boston manager John Farrell. "We got some good innings from the pitchers and we were able to create some opportunities offensively." Farrell has seen some positives out of Clay Buchholz as of late and hopes the right-hander can keep trending in the right direction in tonights start. Buchholz went 0-2 and allowed 18 earned runs over 16 innings in three starts between July 23-Aug. 3, but has pitched much better over his last two outings, both no-decisions. That began versus the Angels on Aug. 9 as Buchholz logged eight innings and gave up three runs while striking out eight. The 30-year-old then followed up with seven innings of two-run ball on Aug. 15 versus Houston, fanning nine. Buchholz is just 5-7 on the year with a 5.79 earned run average and 6-3 lifetime versus the Angels with a 4.48 ERA. Garrett Richards goes for Los Angeles tonight and is 2-0 with a 1.19 ERA over his last three. The right-hander is coming off a 5-4 win at Texas on Friday, charged with two runs over 7 1/3 innings while logging seven strikeouts. "I threw a lot more curveballs than I have in the previous starts. I had a good feel for it today," said Richards, who moved to 13-4 with a 2.53 ERA on the year. The 26-year-old got a no-decision against Buchholz and the Red Sox on Aug. 9, allowing three runs -- one earned -- over 6 1/3 frames. It was Richards first start against Boston following four relief appearances. Following the Angels and Red Sox game TSN will have live coverage of the L.A. Dodgers versus San Diego Padres game. The Los Angeles Dodgers will try to claim a series victory over the San Diego Padres on Wednesday night as the two National League West clubs continue a three-game series. The Dodgers snapped a three-game slide with last nights 8-6 victory, their eighth in 11 meetings with the Padres this season. Carl Crawford had a big night with three hits, including a two-run homer, and also scored three runs for the division leaders. Justin Turner added a pair of hits and drove in two runs. Kevin Correia got the win and was charged with four runs on eight hits and a walk. He also struck out six over his five innings, settling down after giving up a three-run homer to Jedd Gyorko in the first inning. "It was a rough start for Kevin, but he settled down and kept us in the game. I thought we swung the bats pretty well tonight, especially Carl," Los Angeles manager Don Mattingly said. Abraham Almonte had four hits and his bunt in the ninth inning brought home a run on Kenley Jansens throwing error, but Almonte was also tagged out a third base following Gyorkos single to center to end the game. Ian Kennedy gave up six runs -- five earned -- on seven hits and two walks over five frames for San Diego, which has dropped four of its last five on the heels of a five-game winning streak. "As hard as we swung the bats, it was a tough loss. Mistakes came back to hurt us tonight," Padres manager Bud Black said. Roberto Hernandez will make his third start with the Dodgers since being acquired in a trade with the Philadelphia Phillies and he has allowed three runs over 12 innings with Los Angeles. Following a solid no-decision debut with Los Angeles on Aug. 8, the right- handed Hernandez beat Atlanta 6-4 on Thursday behind six innings of one-run ball. Hernandez worked around three hits and four walks while striking out five. The 33-year-old is 7-8 with a 3.72 earned run average on the year and will make the second start of his career versus the Padres. The first came on May 12 of last year with Tampa Bay and he gave up two runs over six innings of a victory. Left-hander Eric Stults goes for the Padres and comes in on a solid three-game run, having gone 2-0 with a 1.37 ERA. Stults pitched well enough to get his third straight win on Thursday versus St. Louis, but instead got a no-decision as his club lost 4-3. Stults allowed two runs on four hits and a walk over seven innings. The 34-year-old is 5-13 on the year and has lowered his ERA from 5.22 to 4.64 during the three-start unbeaten streak. He is 1-4 lifetime versus the Dodgers with a 3.96 ERA. Zach Randolph Jersey . "Win basketball games," Collins said. He will get at least a few more chances. Collins played the final minutes of a winning home debut with the Brooklyn Nets, who cooled off the Chicago Bulls with a 96-80 victory Monday night. Tyreke Evans Jersey . "Weve given ourselves now a tougher task," said Carlyle after the Friday practice, the Toronto head coach notably chipper and upbeat throughout. "But the bottom line is we just have to win our share of games [and] not worry about what anybody else is doing. http://www.basketballgrizzliesshop.com/Cheap-Jarell-Martin-Grizzlies-Jersey/ . -- The Atlanta Braves added to their extensive wave of long-term deals with their young stars on Sunday by agreeing to a $42 million, four-year contract with All-Star closer Craig Kimbrel.TORONTO – The Blue Jays play the rubber match of their three-game series with the Yankees on Sunday. With a win, Toronto (3-3) would head into its first off-day of the regular season above .500 and with the Astros coming to town for a three-game set starting Tuesday. KRATZS FIRST START Catcher Erik Kratz was looking forward to being behind the plate for Drew Hutchisons start on Sunday afternoon. “I like his demeanour,” said Kratz. “I like how he goes after hitters and hes not afraid of contact. Hes going to go right after these guys and Im excited about it.” Its been a whirlwind couple of weeks for Kratz. Acquired from Philadelphia in the offseason, along with pitcher Rob Rasmussen, it was assumed Kratz would have the inside track to be Dioner Navarros backup because hes an offensive threat. Kratz lost the job to Josh Thole, who has a lengthy track record catching knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, but was recalled in time for opening day when Casey Janssen went on the disabled list. “Theyve been up and down for sure,” said Kratz. “When I got sent down I was disappointed but when I got called back up obviously youre excited again. Its something that, its part of the game, its part of where Im at in my career.” He understands the business and knows there are limited opportunities to impress. But Kratz is familiar to the organization, the Blue Jays drafted him in 2002, and hes confident hes built up enough of a resume during his time in Philadelphia. He hit 18 home runs in 375 at-bats over the last two seasons. “I cant sit here and say, Oh man, this one at-bat that Im going to get off the bench is going to make or break my season,” said Kratz. “Its something that you do have to take advantage of your opportunities. Ive been fortunate to have opportunities in the big leagues so Ive put together a little bit of a resume.” Should he be called upon to catch Dickey this season, Kratz has confidence in his ability to receive the knuckleball. “Its as good as its been,” said Kratz. “I think he said it right and he knows the pitch the best. I definitely improved. Is there room for more improvement? Absolutely. I think its something that, getting that comfort level out in those games, lights are a little brighter than in spring training. Just the more reps I can get the more comfortable Ill get.” WALDEN “SHOCKED” AT CALL-UP Needless to say Marcus Walden was surprised when his contract wass purchased from Triple-A Buffalo on Saturday. Mario Chalmers Jersey. “I was definitely shocked,” said Walden. “I saw that they were calling up Chad Jenkins. I didnt hear of a 10-day rule, I had no knowledge of it, so my skipper called me in and I was shocked. Really shocked.” The 10-day rule to which Walden is referring applies to players optioned to the minor leagues. Players on option already are on the 40-man roster and if theyre sent to the minor leagues, they must spend 10 regular season days on option before theyre eligible to be recalled. The lone exception is to be an injury replacement when someone on the big league roster is placed on the disabled list. The Blue Jays intended to recall Chad Jenkins but, because hes on option, he isnt eligible for call up until April 10, the 11th day of the regular season. Walden wasnt on the 40-man roster, hence his contract being “purchased,” and so he was selected as Jeremy Jeffress replacement when Jeffress was designated for assignment. Walden, 25, is a sinkerball pitcher who relies on ground ball outs. His career minor league strikeout rate of 5.4 per nine innings reflects his approach. He missed most of 2009 and all of 2010 after undergoing Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery. Walden made a number of adjustments to his training regimen as a result. “Ever since then Ive kind of changed a lot of stuff about working out and doing a lot of things to get myself ready to pitch,” said Walden. “At the end of the day I think its paid off.” Walden swears by yoga; he estimates he participated in 40 to 50 sessions in the offseason. Hes considered one of the strongest players in the Blue Jays organization and he credits yoga. “I think its something, it kind of gets people to be more limber and more flexible,” said Walden. “If youve got really big, strong, tight muscles it does you no good. The more limber you are, the more flexibility you can have, the looser your muscles are to help with not having injuries.” ,b>POSITIVE SIGN For the first time in franchise history, the Blue Jays first three wins of a season have come with the club scoring fewer than four runs in each of the victories. The starting pitching, with the benefit of improved defence, is off to a much better start than last year. Its early but the Blue Jays 3.78 starting staff ERA has the team on track to vastly improve on last seasons 4.81 ERA amongst starters, which ranked second worst in baseball. Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen