e Blues new approach to Origin.I have just

in Allgemein 26.07.2018 14:25
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Andrelton Simmons and the Braves havent said much about last years NL wild-card loss to the Cardinals. Beating the Cardinals in July wont make up for that playoff defeat. But Simmons said its a start. Simmons hit a two-run double in the eighth inning and the Braves, boosted by Julio Teherans sharp outing, beat the Cardinals 2-0 Saturday in a matchup of NL division leaders. The Braves have won the first two games of the first series between the teams this season. The Cardinals beat the Braves 6-3 at Turner Field in last seasons wild-card game. "Theyre a great team," said Simmons of the Cardinals. "They got us last year in a pretty big game. We owe them some. Its good to see this team beating them." Teheran allowed two hits in seven innings, striking out six and walking one. Simmons bases-loaded, two-out double came on a 99 mph fastball from Trevor Rosenthal. With the count at 2-1, Simmons was looking for a fastball. "I know he was behind in the count and I know hes comfortable with his fastball," Simmons said. "He throws pretty hard. I was ready for it. ... I was just looking for something over the plate and he threw it somewhere I could reach it." Randy Choate (1-1) walked Freddie Freeman to open the eighth. Evan Gattis struck out and Brian McCann singled. Rosenthal relieved and struck out Dan Uggla before walking Chris Johnson to load the bases. Luis Avilan (3-0) pitched a perfect eighth and Craig Kimbrel recorded three outs to earn his 30th save. Cardinals starter Joe Kelly pitched 6 1-3 scoreless innings, allowing seven hits and walking three in only his fourth start of the season and first appearance since July 12. "Very, very impressive," said Cardinals manager Mike Matheny. "It was maybe the best Ive ever seen him throw. Everything. His aggressiveness, his slider, breaking ball, changeup, all of them were as good as Ive seen. "That was exactly what we were asking for, and then some." Kelly may have earned himself another opportunity as the Cardinals No. 5 starter. "I like pitching, period," he said. "To be in the rotation would be awesome but I just take the ball when they tell me and take the opportunity when I get out there. "Im pitching right now in the moment. I feel like my stuff is there, in the zone." Kelly matched Teheran through the sixth before finding trouble in the seventh. With one out, Simmons singled and moved to third on pinch-hitter Joey Terdoslavichs soft double to the left-centre gap. Kelly issued an intentional walk to Jason Heyward to load the bases. Right-hander Michael Maness replaced Kelly and got Justin Upton to ground into an inning-ending double play. Teheran allowed a two-out double to Matt Holliday in the first and then walked Allen Craig. The right-hander permitted only one baserunner -- Jon Jay doubled in the fifth -- through the next six innings. "I think thats the best game Ive ever pitched," Teheran said. "The command I had today, I think thats the best Ive had this year." Holliday was activated off the 15-day disabled list before the game. He had been out since July 12 with a strained right hamstring. Simmons hit eighth as Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez juggled his lineup. Heyward hit leadoff for only the second game this season. Upton, normally the No. 3 hitter, batted second for the first time in 2013. Simmons had two hits. He ranks second on the team with 14 go-ahead RBIs, but said he was overdue to deliver the clutch hit. "I know Ive been struggling with runners in scoring position this year," Simmons said. "Ive been trying, but its nice to see results." NOTES: With two hits and a walk, Johnson is hitting .332 to tie the Cardinals Yadier Molina for the NL lead. Molina was 0 for 3. ... The Cardinals optioned OF-1B Brock Peterson to Triple-A Memphis to clear a roster spot for Holliday. ... Gonzalez said he is 95 per cent certain RHP Brandon Beachy, returning from elbow ligament-replacement surgery in June 2012, will come off the DL to start Monday nights game against Colorado. ... The three-game series ends Sunday night when Atlanta RHP Kris Medlen faces St. Louis rookie RHP Shelby Miller. Marc-Andre Fleury Jersey . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. Cheap Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. http://www.cheapgoldenknightsjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-james-neal-jersey . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. Adidas Calvin Pickard Jersey . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker room entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands. Adidas Cody Eakin Jersey . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. NSWs rookies are not overawed by Queenslands continued State of Origin dominance, Blues playmaker James Maloney says.As Blues coach Laurie Daley prepares to blood his seventh and eighth debutants this year in Wade Graham and James Tedesco in Origin III, NSWs new order has begun in earnest.Daley has given in to demands to refresh his playing list and youngsters such as Tyson Frizell, Jack Bird and Graham and Tedesco are seen as the future of NSW.And Maloney said they are not scared by the Blues mounting defeats of 10 series losses in 11 years.The young guys bring in an air of confidence and they arent burdened by the past and what has happened, Maloney said.They havent been involved in that and it doesnt worry them. They will just go about their football.But having said that it is important for the older boys to set an example.Origin is a different beast and uuntil you have been there dont understand what it is.ddddddddddddFrizell only made his Origin debut in game two after Wade Graham was suspended. He was one of NSWs best in their series-losing defeat in game two and epitomised the Blues new approach to Origin.I have just tried to do the best with the opportunity Loz has presented to me, Frizell said.It is disappointing that some boys have missed out (by missing selection) but for myself I am happy to be back here.I was nervous but once I ran out there for my debut I couldnt help but enjoy it.Greg Bird was dumped for game three, Paul Gallen will retire after game three and that may also be the final game for Robbie Farah and Michael Jennings opening the way for more new Blues blood. Camo China NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen