r for Tony Pulis side.Swansea City, howeve

in Allgemein 02.08.2018 16:30
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

DETROIT -- Jordan Zimmermann is making $18 million this season, which is a lot to pay a player to watch a pennant race from the bullpen.The Detroit Tigers might not have a choice.After months of trying to get him healthy, the Tigers sent Zimmermann back to the mound in a crucial game Saturday night, only to see him get shelled. He allowed six runs, including three homers, and was pulled before getting an out in the second inning.I was terrible tonight, so this loss is on me, he said. I felt fine physically, but I couldnt locate any of my pitches. I was trying to hit the corner with my fastball, and Id miss five inches outside or five inches over the plate.Zimmermann, bothered by a neck injury, has been on the disabled list three times and was making his first big league start since Aug. 4 and his second since June 30. He gave up four hits -- including the three homers -- and two walks while getting three outs. He threw 42 pitches and faced 10 batters.Its pretty embarrassing to go out there and give up six innings in one-plus innings, he said. Ive pitched twice in two or three months, and had two short outings, so it has been really, really frustrating for me. Ive never dealt with this before.Between his stints on the disabled list, Zimmermann has an 8.84 ERA in eight starts since the beginning of June. With the Tigers deep in the race, it isnt clear what his immediate future holds.Were going to weigh a number of factors, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said when asked if Zimmermann will remain in the rotation. We need to win games, and well decide how we think we can best do that.The Orioles would be happy to see Zimmermann shut down for the year.Thats a very, very good pitcher and we happened to catch him on an off night, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. I certainly wouldnt want to be facing him in his next start.Adam Jones and Chris Davis homered in the first inning off Zimmermann (9-6), and Matt Wieters connected in the second and sixth innings.At this point in the season, with us in the race, every win is huge, Wieters said. Obviously, it feels good to hit two homers tonight, but only because they came in a win. If we had lost, it wouldnt have mattered.Baltimore is two games behind first-place Boston in the tightly bunched AL East and one game back of wild-card leader Toronto. The Orioles are one game ahead of the Tigers and New York Yankees for the second wild card.Ubaldo Jimenez (7-11) allowed two runs, four hits and three walks in seven innings.The guys gave me a great start, and I just wanted to get us deep into the game with that lead, he said. My sinker was really good tonight, and I was able to throw all the breaking pitches whenever I needed them.After an 11-minute rain delay at the start, Adam Jones hit Zimmermanns first pitch on a high arc into the Tigers bullpen in left. After Manny Machado drew a one-out walk, Chris Davis launched a 2-0 fastball deep into the Baltimore bullpen in center.J.D. Martinezs RBI single cut the gap to 3-1 in the bottom half, when Jimenez retired Justin Upton on a grounder to strand runners at the corners.Wieters hit a two-run homer in the second, when Blaine Hardy threw a run-scoring wild pitch. Wieters hit a three-run homer off Buck Farmer in the sixth.Ausmus responded by making eight lineup changes for the seventh, changing every position but catcher.TRAINERS ROOMOrioles: Davis said he plans to keep playing despite a sore left hand that has bothered him for most of the season. Orioles manager Buck Showalter has tried to rest his first baseman by taking him out of lopsided games, and replaced him with Drew Stubbs in the seventh on Saturday..LOOK OUTTigers third-base coach Dave Clark was uninjured after being hit on his rear by Erick Aybars hard one-hopper in the fourth inning. Clark, who stands closer to the plate than most third-base coaches, laughed off the incident. Clark took a glancing blow in the eighth inning from a Steven Moya grounder as he tried to pirouette out of the way.In all the years Ive been in this game, I have never seen a third-base coach get hit twice in the same night, Showalter said. Baseball will never cease to surprise you.UP NEXTTigers ace Justin Verlander (14-7, 3.28) faces Baltimores Chris Tillman (15-5, 3.76) in Sundays series finale. Tillman is coming off the disabled list, while Verlander is 6-1 with a 2.09 ERA in his last 11 games, posting a quality start each time. Youth Panthers Jerseys . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. Marquis Haynes Stitched Jersey . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. http://www.officialpanthersnflauthenticshop.com/ian-thomas-stitched-jersey/ . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Kendrick Norton Stitched Jersey . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. Elite Panthers Jerseys . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans.Darren Fletcher has claimed Swansea fans taunted him over his career-threatening bowel condition during West Bromwich Albions 1-1 draw at the Hawthorns. Swansea City, however, told Sky Sports News its officials at the match were unaware of any offensive chants.The Baggies captain had angered the Swans travelling fans when he appealed to the referee for a corner after Ki Sung-yeung had gone down with a head injury. The former Manchester United midfielder could be seen to be talking heatedly to the match official after play was halted while Ki received treatment.Ki had been injured in a clash with Stephane Sessegnon and had to be taken off on a stretcher with what turned out to be minor concussion. Fletcher controls the ball under pressure from Swanseas Federico Fernandez (left) and Jack Cork Fletcher said he later heard chants from the Swansea fans referring to his successful battle against ulcerative colitis, the bowel condition which was first diagnosed in 2008 and which at one point threatened his life, let alone his career.I didnt see their player was injured and I was complaining that it should have been a corner to us, Fletcher said about Tuesdays Premier League match, in which Salomon Rondons late equaliser rescued a draw for the hosts.Their fans then gave me a bit of stick about my illness. Its part and parcel of the game. The West Brom fans gave me a bit of support back so I gave them a clap back.I didnt see the frustrations. [The Swansea fans] took exception as their lad had what looked like a serious injury but I didnt see him. Its part of the game, Im big enough to accept it. Its fine by me, it doesnt bother me one bit. West Brom manager Tony Pulis believes his side should have scored more than the one goal in the 1-1 draw with Swansea Fletcher lost three stone in weight due to the inflammatory bowel disease and had to have his large intestine removed during three bouts of surgery in 2013.ddddddddddddThe Scotland international eventually fought his way back to match fitness and returned to play for United in December 2013, joining West Brom in January 2015 on a free transfer to become a key player for Tony Pulis side.Swansea City, however, said its staff were in the away end at the game and had not heard any offensive chants targeted at Fletcher.Swansea told Sky Sports: We dont condone any comments made about any illness but are unaware of any comments made. Also See: West Brom video West Brom fixtures West Brom stats Get £10 free bet Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys 2020 China Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen