rk and split. ... David Freese extended his hitting st

in Allgemein 03.08.2018 13:26
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

Several prominent retired and current Olympic athletes have thrown their support behind an international crowdfunding campaign to benefit Russian doping whistleblowers Vitaly and Yuliya Stepanov, who had to flee their home country and settle in an undisclosed location in the United States last year.The public effort, designed to help the Russian couple with educational and living expenses, comes at a time when athletes around the world are urging anti-doping and Olympic officials to ensure whistleblowers personal safety and ability to provide authorities with information.Lauryn Williams of the United States, one of only five athletes in history to have won medals in both the Summer (track and field) and Winter (bobsled) Games, is among those who recorded statements of support on a Swiss-based website.I think that globally, we should make an effort to support them so that other whistleblowers know were serious about stamping out doping, said the 32-year-old Williams, who sits on the World Anti-Doping Agency Athlete Committee.Others publicly endorsing the campaign include Olympic discus gold medalist Robert Harting of Germany, who will defend his title in Rio de Janeiro next month; Olympic cross-country skiing champion Beckie Scott of Canada, who also chairs the WADA Athlete Committee; and three-time Olympic skeleton racer Ben Sandford of New Zealand.Joseph de Pencier, CEO of the Institute of National Anti-Doping Organizations -- a trade and advocacy association for 59 such agencies -- praised the effort.Equally important are continuing efforts to make use of the Stepanovs experience and insight to improve anti-doping, he told ESPN. We all need to learn from those who report wrongdoing how better to encourage others to come forward.Vitaly Stepanov, a former employee of the now-discredited Russian Anti-Doping Agency, began providing inside information to WADA in 2010. His wife, an 800-meter runner who doped as part of the national system, joined him after being sanctioned in 2013. Her covert recordings later became part of a German television documentary that forced WADA to investigate their allegations.WADAs findings, combined with further, detailed revelations by ex-Moscow lab director Grigory Rodchenkov, have led the International Olympic Committee to consider excluding Russian athletes from the Rio Games next month. Yuliya Stepanova has been granted a special exemption by world track and field officials to compete in Rio, but it is still unclear whether she would be able to do so under a neutral flag if other Russian athletes are excluded. She entered the 800-meter event at the European Championships earlier this month but was injured in her first race. DJ Chark Jersey . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. Jaguars Jerseys China . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. http://www.cheapjaguarsjerseysauthentic.com/ . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Authentic . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. Will Richardson Jersey . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. ST. LOUIS -- Adam Wainwright refused to relax against a makeshift San Francisco Giants squad. Pitching against the Giants missing stars Buster Posey and Pablo Sandoval, Wainwright struck out 10 in his 14th complete game and third this season, and the St. Louis Cardinals completed a day-night doubleheader sweep of the San Francisco Giants with a 7-1 win Saturday night. "You look at a lineup and you dont see some of their boppers in there," Wainwright said. "Those are key parts of their lineup. You can very easily go out there and take it for granted and give up a couple of runs because youre not ready to pitch. "My thought today was to just respect all those guys over there and make sure I was ready to pitch," he said. Rookie Shelby Miller was also ready. He pitched six-hit ball for seven innings and backup catcher Tony Cruz hit two doubles and drove in a pair of runs for St. Louis in an 8-0 win in the opener. Wainwright (8-3) allowed eight hits and one run without walking a batter to close out the first doubleheader between the Giants and Cardinals in St. Louis since July 16, 1978. Wainwright threw 106 pitches and 73 strikes. "I didnt feel like I had the best jump on my heater Ive ever had," Wainwright said. "But I was locating it and my other stuff felt great. You can go a tick or two down in velocity and locate and still get the job done." Carlos Beltran and Ty Wigginton each had two hits and drove in two runs for the Cardinals. Jon Jay, Daniel Descalso and Shayne Robinson had the other RBIs. Dt. Louis manager Mike Matheny was happy to see his reserves contribute. "All the way around, the guys made good plays," Matheny said. "Whenever you see your bench guys, you know theyre doing the right work. So, very impressive." The Giants had little to celebrate, as they managed just one run in 18 innings. "It was a tough day, no getting around it," saaid Giants manager Bruce Bochy.dddddddddddd. "We scored one run. They played great. We didnt pitch great. We didnt hit the ball great. Thats a good team over there." Wainwright also helped with his bat when the Cardinals broke through against San Franciscos Madison Bumgarner (4-4) with three runs in the third. Pete Kozma started the inning with a walk, and he advanced to third when Wainwright followed with a double to left-centre. Kozma scored on a fielders choice to first by Jay, and one out later, Beltran drove Wainwright and Jay home with a single to centre. Bumgarner lasted six innings and allowed five runs on six hits with one walk and six strikeouts. In the opener, Miller (6-3) scattered six hits, stranding seven runners. His ERA dropped to 1.82. Miller struck out seven with one walk. Matt Cain (4-3) allowed seven runs in six innings, falling to 0-3 at Busch Stadium with an 8.87 ERA in four starts. Cain struggled in the third, when he threw 40 pitches. In the other five innings he pitched, Cain set the Cardinals down in order. He threw 101 pitches, striking out nine with no walks. The Cardinals had seven runs on nine hits -- seven singles and two doubles -- in the third when St. Louis sent 12 men to the plate. Cruz, starting at catcher instead of Yadier Molina, smacked a two-run double. Descalso hit a double and a single while Kozma had two singles in the outburst. NOTES: This was the first time the Giants and Cardinals played a doubleheader since April 9, 1994, when the teams met at Candlestick Park and split. ... David Freese extended his hitting streak to 11 games with an infield single in third in the nightcap. ... San Francisco has lost its last seven road games and nine of its last 10. . . . Cardinals rookie Keith Butler, who was called up Thursday from Triple-A Memphis, pitched a scoreless ninth in the opener in his debut . He is the 10th rookie to debut for St. Louis this season. Black China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen