So I have quite a bit of friends

in Allgemein 30.09.2018 15:08
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Len Maddocks, the former wicketkeeper who played seven Tests for Australia during the 1950s, has died at the age of 90. Maddocks had become Australias oldest living Test cricketer last year after the death of Arthur Morris; the oldest now is opening batsman Ken Archer, 88, who also played five Tests in the 1950s.A short and nimble gloveman whose skill behind the stumps was such that he only once broke a finger, Maddocks was second in line to Gil Langley as Australias wicketkeeper during the mid-1950s. Although he went on numerous tours with the Australian side, Maddocks chances in the Test XI were limited.He made his Test debut at his home ground, the MCG, against England in 1954-55, and top scored with 47 in his first innings. Again Maddocks was Australias top scorer in the first innings of his second Test, with 69 against England in the Adelaide Oval Test of the same series.A well-respected domestic cricketer, he captained both Victoria and Tasmania during a first-class career that spanned more than 20 years. Although Tasmania was not part of the Sheffield Shield competition during his playing time, Maddocks later joined the ACB as a board member and was proud of his work chairing a sub-committee that organised the states inclusion in the Shield.As an administrator, he is also remembered for being Australias team manager on the 1977 Ashes tour of England, when the World Series Cricket split came to light. In later years, Maddocks was philosophical about his involvement at such a fractious time, telling ESPNcricinfo in 2012 that somebody had to [be the manager], and all you can do is your best.Maddocks will also go down in history as the final victim in what came to be known as Lakers match, when England offspinner Jim Laker took 19 wickets in the Manchester Test of 1956. Maddocks was trapped lbw to complete Lakers 10-wicket haul in the second innings.Bradman wouldnt have lasted on that pitch, Maddocks said in 2011. Colin McDonald and Jimmy Burke were the openers and batted well, and Ian Craig played a reasonable innings. The rest of us could hardly put bat to ball.Born in 1926 in Beaconsfield, now an outer south-eastern suburb of Melbourne, Leonard Victor Maddocks was raised in the inner-western suburb of Newport. He was one of three brothers, and cricket played a major part in his upbringing: he remembered playing in four separate competitions of a weekend, one each on Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon, then another pair of games on Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon.After each days play, dad would discuss with us the things that had happened, where other kids had made mistakes and where we could have done better, Maddocks said in 2012. Mum used to go to all of our cricket, all of our football, all of our baseball. Wed set out from home at Newport with the old man out front on his bike, then my older brother Alan, then me, then Dick on our three bikes.Behind us came Mum, and the old man had built a little platform thing on her bike so that she could carry the soft drinks and the afternoon tea and the scorebooks. She had to score. I remember saying to her later in life, how did you put up with us Mum? She said, if I hadnt put up with you and gone with you, I would never have seen any of you! They were great days.Maddocks was also a talented Australian rules footballer and was on North Melbournes list during the 1940s, but never played a senior game. His brother Dick played five senior VFL games for North Melbourne also represented Victoria in cricket, but died of a heart attack at the age of 40. Len Maddocks was more fortunate in his health: he survived a heart attack in his 70s.After his first-class career finished, Maddocks continued playing club cricket until the age of 46. His son Ian, also a wicketkeeper, went on to play 25 matches for Victoria. Alex Rodriguez Jersey .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Mariano Rivera Jersey . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. http://www.yankeesrookiestore.com/Yankees-Dellin-Betances-Kids-Jersey/ . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. Sonny Gray Jersey . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. Andy Pettitte Jersey . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. Switching roles can be a challenge for even seasoned Dota veterans. Moving from one lane to another means adjusting your positioning, your mentality, your entire playstyle. Kanishka Sosale, known to friends as Sam and the Dota world as BuLba, hasnt only changed roles this year; in fact, he has switched teams more than most players ever have in a single year.Sosale, 25, has been a member of four different teams in 2016, culminating in his new role on Team Liquid as a support. It could be a challenge for anyone to make that radical of a switch, but Sosale doesnt just have experience on his side. Having acquired new skills while playing middle and offlane for many teams, he is prepared to make adjustments.I think playing support actually fits a lot of the strengths Ive gained in the last year, Sosale told ESPN. I think Im fine playing all support heroes.A rocky startSosale has had a tumultuous career in Dota. Despite being one of the most well-known veterans of the North American scene, the past few years have been checkered. The player who popularized offlane Clockwerk and who inspired the infamous Liquid are doing it catchphrase, has found himself between teams frequently this past year.His season started at Digital Chaos, a small team at the time, where he played alongside Kurtis Aui_2000 Ling. After a mixed season, an offer came to the two from Evil Geniuses, two days before the roster lock.That was a really hard decision, said Sosale. Because we had something good going on with the team [DC].After thinking it over for a while, Sosale and Ling made the jump to Evil Geniuses, a team that Sosale felt was going well at the beginning. The team put up a solid performance at WePlay Dota 2 League Season 3, and spirits were high. Then came Epicenter.Thats when we started drifting apart, said Sosale. There was a lot of animosity between certain players on the team.Sosale described to me a pressure-filled environment. There were aspirations to live up to, with the kind of talent EG had available if things went south, and the fifth-sixth finish at Epicenter didnt build any confidence.I felt some of the EG members didnt really care as much as they normally did before, said Sosale. I thought they were kind of just waiting for Manila Major to end, so they could just replace one of us.The teams 13-16th place Manila Major results cemented the inevitable. Changes needed to come for Evil Geniuses, and failure to achieve success at the Major definitely contributed to Ling and Sosales release from the roster, as Sosale himself described it.Secret tensionsIn the post-Manila trade, Sosale found himself at Team Secret, a roster that had suffered similar failures in Manila. He said Secret and EG shared another similarity: a growing sense of bad blood between teammates.Before I joined the team, there was a lot of animosity between certain members on our team too, said Sosale. Its kind of shared, with EG and Secret, having personal conflicts on the team as we joined.As he described it, animosity within teams is usually related to whether teams are losing or not. When the wins are coming in, its easy to be friends and compete together, but the greatest test of teams is how they react to defeat, especially for the five players on roster.Its harder to fix Dota teams, in general, than other sports teams, said Sosale, referring not just to other esports but to sports as a whole. Sosale describes the esports scene as being at an infant stage.There isnt the same infrastructure of support staff and management and coaches, so emotions and stuff can run amok more and ruin teams, said Sosale. Unlike sports teams that are more professional than a young group of guys.According to Sosale, players have most of the power in esports. Unlike traditional sports, coaches and management dont have as much say in matters. Despite this imbalance, bringing on Sosale and Ling as a coach helped ease tensions within the team. Sosale said that Secret was bonding, taking pictures together, going out to eat and playing games together.The good times wouldnt last though, as the LAN losses began to stack up. The tipping point for Team Secret was, in Sosales opinion, the StarLadder Grand Finals. Secret went into a finals series against Natus Vincere feeling confident, coming off the first half of their TI boot camp having beaten everyone the team scrimmed. The 3-1 loss to NaVi though, even though it was in the Grand Finals, tilted Secret.Suddenly, it [felt] like the team [was] really bad at dealing with losses, saaid Sosale.dddddddddddd Theres just one second place, and all the stuff that happened before on the team came back. I could sense theres so much animosity between people; the atmosphere became way worse. It was harder to play for everyone.It was a cancerous environment, Sosale added.An environment that carried over into the second half of Secrets TI boot camp. Sosale described the second boot camp week as hell and it was like night and day compared to the Secret before StarLadder. There was plenty of potential in Secret, according to Sosale, but the problems kept stacking up.I think our problem with the team was maybe there was too many egos on the team, said Sosale. Too many people that, instead of just taking responsibility for what had happened, saying we just played bad as a team, they just point at each other instead. No one wanted to take blame for anything that went wrong. People didnt work together like they used to.Scrims led to conflict, as multiple voices started speaking out after losses. The phrase too many cooks in the kitchen might be conservative in terms of the intensity in the air; Sosale told me there were two coaches and five players in the room, and everyone had a different opinion on what went wrong.I dont like when people scapegoat each other on teams, because in the end, everyone can take some blame, said Sosale. If you all take blame, it also helps build confidence for each other, and trust for each other, you know?The subsequent results at The International 6 spoke for themselves. Secret failed to live up to its potential, a performance Sosale describes as a huge train wreck. The shot at the Aegis came and went for this all-star team, and thoughts began to drift to the fall roster shuffle.HomecomingBefore all the drama, before the many other rosters, Sosale had made a name for himself on Team Liquid. Playing in the mid lane, his Tinker and Invoker were well-known and feared. Now he returns to Liquid to fill the four-five support role, an offer that surprised Sosale. He had been in talks with Jacky EternaLEnVy Mao, working to create what would become Team NP.I really liked EnVy, I love playing with him a lot and I really liked him as a person, said Sosale. I was really good friends with [Theeban 1437 Siva] and Aui, as well. We just wanted to make a team of friends, and try and make a team that gets along with each other.Sosale had heard rumblings about Jesse JerAx Vainikkas departure from TL for OG, but didnt know for sure until he was approached by Kuro KuroKy Salehi Takhasomi to fill the spot. Sosale found himself caught in a difficult situation, between a team of friends and returning to Liquid.I debated about it, and I just said, Im going to do Liquid, said Sosale. I really want to play with Kuro and Mind_Control and MATUMBAMAN. At the time, we didnt know who our mid player was going to be, but I knew I really wanted to play with those three.Now, Sosale is in a short break period before the 2017 season starts. Hes preparing for a role he hasnt played in a long time, but the BuLba of today has grown a great deal.Ive played the five position before, Ive played support before, but I was really inexperienced, Sosale says about his early support play. Now, though, Sosale has learned and grown from his years in competitive Dota.Ive been through all these teams and I know what my weaknesses are as well, so [I want to] work on those, said Sosale.I dont know, maybe it sounds like a big cliché, Sosale tells me. But going through all these things, all these losses and defeats, really makes you think about stuff.Though the fall has been unexpectedly quiet for him, BuLba has been busy playing in mixed scrims, honing his support skills and training for the upcoming season. He said hell miss playing offlane, especially his Dark Seer and Sand King, but hes excited to play support and to rejoin the Liquid organization.A lot of the people I used to know before on the team are still the same, said Sosale. So I have quite a bit of friends. All my favorite memories from Dota were from Liquid too.Sosale has support from his captain KuroKy and managers like Mohamed Morad. Hes training to hopefully co-captain alongside Kuro, a role he feels confident in and wants to play in Liquid. The last year has been tumultuous for BuLba, but a homecoming to Team Liquid seems to be the perfect fit for North American Dotas wayward son. Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen