ursday night to face Sweden in a World Cup o

in Allgemein 04.10.2018 14:39
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

EDMONTON, Alberta -- The Columbus Blue Jackets started slowly. The way they finished was all that mattered, though.Sam Gagner had a goal and an assist, and the streaking Blue Jackets won their seventh straight game by beating the Edmonton Oilers 3-1 on Tuesday night.I thought the team took a little while to get going. But once we started playing, I thought we had a good second half of the game, Gagner said. I think were on a good run here and we want to keep pushing forward.Cam Atkinson and Matt Calvert also scored to help the Blue Jackets (18-5-4) improve to 8-0-1 in their last nine games.Tyler Pitlick had the goal for the Oilers (15-12-5), who have lost five of six.The Oilers got a 4-minute power play to start the second period on a mistaken call after Edmonton forward Milan Lucic accidentally caught teammate Connor McDavid in the face with his stick.Blue Jackets goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, who made 33 saves, squashed Edmontons opportunity to take a two-goal lead, and Columbus went on to score three consecutive goals.You do get some momentum from killing it, Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella said. I dont think we panicked. I didnt think we competed that hard in the first period, but then we found ourselves.It was Edmontons 32nd game of the season compared to 27 for Columbus, but Lucic said fatigue wasnt a valid excuse.We had more than enough rest over the last two days to be ready for this one, he said. We had the energy we wanted in the first period, but we just couldnt sustain it. We just didnt keep it going for 60 minutes and thats a big reason we lost.Edmonton got on the scoreboard first, just past the midpoint of the opening period as a hard-charging Pitlick got to a rebound in the blue paint and chipped it over Bobrovsky.The Oilers appeared to add another with 4 minutes left in the first, but officials determined forward Zack Kassian interfered with the goalie on the play.Columbus tied the game on a power play 8 minutes into the second period when Gagner came back to hurt his old team. The puck went off the toe of his skate and past Edmonton goalie Cam Talbot for Gagners fourth goal in the last four games and 12th of the season.The Blue Jackets made it 2-1 at 7:10 of the third as a pass deflected to Atkinson and he hammered his 11th of the season past Talbot.Columbus added to its lead 1:36 later when Calvert took advantage of a sloppy Oilers line change and rifled a shot off Talbots arm and into the net.The Blue Jackets completely took over in the third and were outshooting Edmonton 12-0 midway through the period.Coming from behind on a team like that, a lot of teams in the league havent been able to do that. And you can put us on the list as well, Oilers coach Todd McLellan said.Game notes It was the first of two meetings between the teams this season. The other one is Jan. 3 in Columbus. ... Oilers D Brandon Davidson played his first game since injuring his shoulder in the season opener Oct. 12 against Calgary. That was good news for Edmonton, which announced that fellow defenseman Darnell Nurse could miss up to three months following ankle surgery. ... Columbus captain Nick Foligno returned to the lineup after missing two games with the flu.UP NEXTBlue Jackets: Play at Calgary on Friday, the second game of a three-game road swing through Western Canada.Oilers: Host the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Redskins-Rob-Kelley-Jersey/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Redskins-Dexter-Manley-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Hoodie/ . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/T-Shirts/ . Its an influence in football and a big part of the game. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Redskins-Doug-Williams-Jersey/ . The Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, and Texas Rangers all won on Sunday meaning the Rangers will host the Rays in a play-in game on Monday. HELSINKI, Finland -- Finnish goalie Tuukka Rask attempted to make a glove save, but the puck whistled by him into the top corner and rippled the net.The shooter stood in the high slot and showed no reaction to the goal as he waited for another pass from a teammate during practice. The laser-like shot came off the stick of Finnish prospect Patrik Laine, who was the No. 2 overall pick by the Winnipeg Jets in last Junes NHL Entry Draft.Hes a great shooter, said Rask, who has played eight seasons with the Boston Bruins. A big body and a really, really good shooter.There will be a lot of focus on Laine as the 18-year-old forward displays his talents and his 6-foot-4, 206-pound frame for Team Finland at the upcoming World Cup of Hockey, which begins Sept. 17 in Toronto.Hes a natural goal scorer, so if he gets a shot hes pretty much going to score, said Rask. Hes a great threat on the power play. Hes going to score goals. If he doesnt then hell probably get down on himself and might have some issues, but hes going to have an immediate impact for sure.Auston Matthews, the 2016 No. 1 overall pick by the Toronto Maple Leafs, wont be given a major role with Team North America, at least to start the tournament, but thats not the case with Laine. He will be playing on the top line with?Aleksander Barkov?and Jussi Jokinen. Laine will also play on Finlands top power-play unit.With my strengths, you can get more out of me in one or the two top lines, he said. If youre on the third or fourth line, your job is going to be a lot harder with my strengths, so its good that the coaches are counting on me and they know what I can do. Its a huge honor, and I just want to play and have fun on the ice.Competing at the international level is nothing new for Laine (who played for Finland at the 2016 World Junior Championship and the 2016 World Championship) but facing the best in the world on this big of a stage will be a little different.Its a new level for me, he said. Its always nice to be able to play against those top guys in the world. Im excited to play and well see what happens.I just want to be me on the ice and show everybody what I can do, and maybe cant do. I just want to be brave on the ice and show my skills and help my team.Not only is Laine a remarkably talented athlete, his confidence and poise make him a dangerous force on the ice.dddddddddddd Nothing seems to bother him. He enjoys the spotlight and wants it shining on him when hes playing. Coaches normally dont like to talk about players on other teams, but everyone is excited to see how Laine will transition to the pro game.Hes got a tremendous skill set, said Sweden coach Rikard Gronborg, whose team will face Laine and Finland in a World Cup exhibition game at noon ET Thursday. The guy can put the puck in the net. He can challenge a player one-on-one. Hes someone we need to be aware of. He can challenge, and he has the shot for sure.Laine is already being compared to former Jets forward -- and fellow Finland native --?Teemu Selanne, who was selected in the first round (No. 10 overall) by the Jets in 1988. Laine does not shy away from those comparisons. Once the NHL season begins and he embarks on his rookie campaign, many believe he has the talent to quickly become his own type of player.A pretty big impact, Gronborg said. Everyone expects him to be a top player on [Winnipeg] and with his age, and his poise and his confidence in himself hell be pretty interesting to see. I expect him to be a top-tier player in the National Hockey League for sure.Finnish team captain -- and Minnesota Wild veteran forward --?Mikko Koivu first saw Laine play last year during the World Championships. During training camp for the World Cup, Koivu has already seen a difference in the young prospect from a physical and strength standpoint.He gained a lot of strength during the offseason and thats usually good for younger players to get better, get stronger. You can see that on the ice, Koivu said. Obviously its different in practice from what its going to be in a game but he looks pretty good so far.Laine is entering a whole new world of talented hockey players and it begins when he steps onto the ice at Hartwall Arena on Thursday night to face Sweden in a World Cup of Hockey preseason game. Star goalie Henrik Lundqvist is not starting that game for Sweden, but it doesnt matter to Laine. I dont care who is in the net, he said. I want to help my team -- and hopefully I can score in my first game. Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen