Vicente Campos in return for Clippard. Campos,

in Allgemein 21.10.2018 11:33
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

DETROIT -- Jordan Zimmermann can stop watching his streaking team and start contributing again.The red-hot Detroit Tigers will get even stronger with the return of one of the top pitchers on Thursday.Zimmermann will make his first start since June 30 when he takes the mound for the finale of a three-game series against the Chicago White Sox. Zimmermann, who is 9-4 with a 3.95 ERA, has been sidelined with a right neck strain.It was miserable, he said of his time on the 15-day disabled list. The only time Ive been out prior to this was when I had Tommy John (in 2009). Its not something I ever want to do again, but its baseball and injuries do happen. It can happen on any pitch. Im glad it was just a month and nothing major that led to surgery.Zimmermann didnt feel particularly sharp during two rehab starts with Triple-A Toledo but still gave up just one run in eight innings. He also threw two bullpen sessions in recent days. Tigers manager Brad Ausmus believes Zimmermann can throw approximately 90 pitches in his return.I faced a few live hitters down in Triple-A, but its not like the hitters up here, Zimmermann said. You have that in the back of your mind -- how are you going to feel when you get out there? But theres going to be a lot of adrenaline and Ill be ready.Detroit right fielder J.D. Martinez was certainly ready when he returned from the DL on Wednesday. Martinez blasted a go-ahead solo homer in a pinch-hitting appearance to give the Tigers a 2-1 victory, their eighth straight.Hes expected to be back in the lineup on Thursday.You dont get many moments like that during the course of a season, Ausmus said of Martinezs eighth-inning homer off White Sox ace Chris Sale. It was really almost perfect. I guess the only way it would have been more perfect is if it was the bottom of the ninth.Martinez fractured his right elbow crashing into a wall in Kansas City on June 16. He didnt have a home run in eight rehab games at Triple-A Toledo but ripped one on the first pitch he saw in his major-league return.At that point, your adrenaline takes over, he said.The fading White Sox got more bad news on Wednesday when center fielder Charlie Tilson was diagnosed with a torn left hamstring. He will undergo season-ending surgery on Thursday.Tilson was injured during his major-league debut chasing after a Miguel Cabrera double on Tuesday. Hes the fourth White Sox player to suffer an injury this season just before or during his team debut.He gets called up, gets a hit in his first at-bat and after that, it all gets taken away from you for a while, White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. Its definitely odd, Ill say that. I wouldnt call it a curse, but I feel bad for all of them.Tilsons injury opens the door for Avisail Garcia to revive his stalled career. Garcia hit two home runs against his former club, the Tigers, on Tuesday. He was 0-for-2 on Wednesday but was hit by a pitch and also drew a walk.His last week is probably the best Ive seen him since we got him, Ventura said of Garcia, who was acquired in the summer of 2013. Hes starting to figure out some things as far as elevating the ball and swinging the bat.Left-hander Jose Quintana will oppose Zimmermann. Quintana is 3-0 with a 1.95 ERA in his last five starts, including 6 2/3 shutout innings against Detroit. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Brian-Cushing-Jersey/ . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Customized/ .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Johnathan-Joseph-Jersey/ . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Joel-Heath-Jersey/ . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Lamar-Miller-Jersey/ . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. The New York Yankees moved quickly to add bullpen help after trading Andrew Miller, acquiring reliever Tyler Clippard from the Arizona Diamondbacks?on Sunday.The Diamondbacks received right-hander Vicente Campos in return for Clippard. Campos, 24, is 9-3 with a?3.20 ERA in 20 starts across three levels of the Yankees minor league system this season.Clippard signed a two-year contract with the Diamondbacks last offseason. He is 2-3 with a 4.30 ERA in 37? innings this season. He also has one save.Clippard, 31, is 44-32 with a 2.97 ERA aand 54 saves in 529 appearances during his career for the Yankees, Washington Nationals,?Oakland Athletics,?New York Mets and Diamondbacks.dddddddddddd.He was originally drafted by the Yankees in the ninth round of the 2003 draft.The Yankees traded Miller to the Cleveland Indians on Sunday for two prospects.?Dellin Betances?is expected to take over as the Yankees closer, with Clippard filling a setup spot. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen