asons in Brooklyn and was told last spring by gen

in Allgemein 24.10.2018 14:48
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- Kyle Hendricks was so good Monday night he even surprised himself.The right-hander took a no-hitter into the ninth inning before giving up Jeremy Hazelbakers leadoff home run, and the Chicago Cubs beat the St. Louis Cardinals 4-1 to close in on the NL Central crown.I never thought Id get that close to one, Hendricks said. A guy who throws to contact and doesnt throw hard, you dont think about it. You can run into one of those special days and you think, why not?My pregame bullpen was probably the worst Ive had all year. Hopefully it clicks once the game starts, and it did.All the way until the ninth inning.Hazelbaker drove an 0-2 pitch into the right-field stands for his 12th homer before Hendricks (15-7), the major league ERA leader at 2.03, was relieved by Aroldis Chapman.If youre going to give it up, at least its that way and not a cheap hit, Hendricks said. I just left the ball up and he got it. It was just a changeup and I wanted to throw it in the dirt and get him to chase.Hazelbaker was looking for a changeup.I wasnt surprised by it, he said. Hed been throwing that pitch all night. It was a good pitch he threw me. I was able to handle it like I wanted to.Ben Zobrist and Dexter Fowler homered for the Cubs, who lowered their magic number to three for clinching the division crown. They lead the second-place Cardinals by 17 games and can wrap up the NL Central with a three-game sweep in St. Louis.The Cardinals remained a half-game behind the Mets for the leagues second wild card. New York lost 8-1 at Washington.Soon after Hazelbakers shot cleared the fence, teammates went to the mound to talk to Hendricks -- leading to an animated argument between Cubs manager Joe Maddon and plate umpire Joe West.Maddon was ejected for the third time this season, and Chapman entered to finish the one-hitter. He got three outs for his 14th save with Chicago, and is 34 for 37 overall this year with the Cubs and Yankees.After the pitching change, Maddon argued some more with West before leaving.It was a misinterpretation there, Maddon said. We needed more time there. I needed the catcher to go to the mound. We were denied. I made my stand.I truly believe I was proper in that, but this is not about that. This is Kyles night.Hendricks, who threw 96 pitches, struck out seven and walked two.Pretty special night all around, he said. It was fun, man.It was the fourth no-hit bid broken up in the ninth inning this season. Cubs teammate Jake Arrieta tossed the lone no-hitter in the majors this year, winning 16-0 at Cincinnati on April 21.Hendricks got some help from his defense, especially in the sixth.Cubs shortstop Addison Russell, deep in the hole, went to his knees on the outfield grass for a sliding stop of Jhonny Peraltas sharp grounder and made a strong throw to first.Right fielder Jason Heyward then reached into the stands to catch Hazelbakers foul fly, practically wrestling with a fan in a Cardinals jersey for the ball.He was unbelievably great, Maddon said about Hendricks. Unfortunately, he didnt get the no-hitter. They didnt have good swings against him all night. He was in charge the entire game. It was a spectacular performance. Kyle was the star.Hendricks control made him tough to hit, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said.He was pushing the corners all day long and hes been doing that most of the season and didnt give us a whole lot, Matheny said.Mike Leake (9-10) pitched six innings before being lifted for a pinch hitter. Leake, making his second start since a stint on the disabled list due to shingles, allowed six hits and four runs (three earned).Anthony Rizzo had an RBI single for the Cubs.The last time the Cubs won a division title was 2008. They did it by beating St. Louis on Sept. 20 at Wrigley Field.TRAINERS ROOMCardinals: RHP Michael Wacha (right shoulder) threw batting practice to Brayan Pena, Jose Martinez and Alberto Rosario. Wacha said he hopes to come off the disabled list Wednesday. ... LF Matt Holliday took batting practice on the field for the first time since breaking his right thumb Aug. 11 against the Cubs. ... Cardinals closer Seung Hwan Oh, who has 17 saves and a 1.87 ERA, was unavailable Saturday and Sunday against Milwaukee because of a sore groin. Speaking through translator Eugene Koo, the reliever said he would not be available Monday but should be Tuesday.UP NEXTCardinals: LHP Jaime Garcia (10-12, 4.58 ERA) makes his 29th start of the season Tuesday night, his most since 2011 when he made 32. He has started seven games against the Cubs and is 3-2 with a 2.27 ERA.Cubs: RHP Jason Hammel (14-8, 3.50) allowed nine runs -- eight earned -- and a career-high 13 hits over 5 2/3 innings in a 12-5 loss at Milwaukee last time out. He is 4-4 with a 4.80 ERA in 10 starts against the Cardinals. Rocky Bleier Jersey . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. Donnie Shell Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.cheapsteelersjerseyssale.com/?tag=bud-dupree-jersey-sale . Marincin has played in two NHL games so far this season with two penalty minutes. The 21-year-old has three goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 games with the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons this season. Tyson Alualu Jersey . Now, with Game 6 set for Fenway Park and an 8:07 p.m. ET first pitch, the Detroit Tigers face the unenviable task of having to beat the Boston Red Sox twice, on the road, to advance to the World Series. Darrius Heyward-Bey Jersey . The winner Saturday will remain in the elite 10-team field next year. "We talked about wanting to be disciplined and stick with our game plan and good things will come," Draisaitl said, who had two goals for the victors. NEW YORK -- Jeremy Lin fell just short of a triple-double, though there was a 10th assist after the buzzer.The point guard tracked down the game ball and gave it to Kenny Atkinson, who got his first win as an NBA coach not far from where he grew up.Pretty special, Atkinson said, his eyes welling up a bit.Lin had 21 points, nine rebounds and nine assists in his Nets home debut, Brook Lopez scored 25 and Brooklyn beat the Indiana Pacers 103-94 on Friday night.Lin drew some delirious cheers the way he briefly did during his run of Linsanity last time he played in New York, with the Knicks in 2012.Atkinson was the assistant coach who worked closely with him on that team, and Lins first thought was of the Northport native when the buzzer sounded.This is his and he deserves it, and I better not see him play with that ball or whatever, Lin said. He better get that framed and make sure he knows.Sean Kilpatrick hit consecutive 3-pointers during the decisive fourth-quarter surge and finished with 18 points for the Nets, who lost to Boston in their opener.Paul George had 22 points and nine rebounds for the Pacers, who were outscored 31-15 in the fourth quarter.The Nets opened their fifth season in Brooklyn by improving to 4-1 in home openers, an immediate highlight in a rebuilding season where there arent expected to be many of them.They brought the fight to us, George said. We knew coming in that this team necessarily (did not have) have the names but they play hard and they play together.The Pacers, who opened with a 130-121 overtime victory over Dallas, surged into the lead with a 31-point third quarter.But the Nets answered with a run early in the fourth, then took control after Georges basket tied it at 85 midway through the period.Justin Hamiltons three-point play snapped the tie and Kilpatrick followed with consecutive 3-pointers to put the Nets up 94-85 with about 4 minutes left. Liin closed it out down the stretch with some free throws and a basket in the lane.dddddddddddd.I thought Brooklyn came out and played harder than we did, Pacers coach Nate McMillan said.Pacers: Myles Turner, who had 30 points and 16 rebounds in the opener, finished with 13 points and 11 boards. ... G Aaron Brooks missed the game with a sore right knee.Nets: Lopez played in his 489th game, tying Richard Jefferson for seventh on the Nets career list. Next up is Kerry Kittles at 496. ... Herb Turetzky began his 50th season as the Nets official scorer. They acknowledged him during a first-quarter timeout.FREQUENT GUESTSThe Nets improved to 3-3 against the Pacers in home openers. The Pacers six visits tied them with Atlanta for the most frequent home-opening opponent.THAD GLADThaddeus Young scored 19 points. He spent 1 1/2 seasons in Brooklyn and was told last spring by general manager Sean Marks that he wouldnt be traded. Then he was dealt, getting dealt to Indiana for the rights to first-round pick Caris LeVert. He wasnt disappointed by the deal, even though hes still trying to sell his home in Brooklyn. I think the farther we got into the summer, I think they realized that there wasnt any use in just holding me or continuing to keep me here if Im trying to be in situations where Im trying to win, Young said.HOME SWEET HOMEKilpatrick, a Yonkers, New York native, has scored in double figures in 21 of his 25 games as a Net. He is 20-for-40 from 3-point range in nine career home games at Barclays Center.UP NEXTPacers: Visit Chicago on Saturday. The Pacers have lost their last three trips to the United Center.Nets: Visit Milwaukee on Saturday, facing former franchise star and later coach Jason Kidd, who left Brooklyn in 2014 after one year to coach the Bucks. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen