.Malone did come away with something

in Allgemein 24.10.2018 15:08
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

In a recently released clip from the documentary The Hurt Business: A Deeper Look at MMA, former UFC champion Ronda Rousey refers to mixed martial arts as the most responsible form of violence.Rousey, 29, is one of the primary subjects of the film, which opens Sept. 29. During the clip, Rousey says someones personal involvement in MMA could actually lessen the likelihood of committing other violent acts.I think a lot of people that are ignorant about [MMA] think that it promotes violence, when it really is the most responsible outlet for it, Rousey said. Its a human instinct to fight, and if you try to suppress it entirely and put everyone in a bubble-wrapped society, thats when people end up going nuts and shooting movie theaters.If any of those people that had all of that aggression built up in them had some sort of outlet, I think that we would have a lot more societal health.Rousey (12-1) is a former Olympic bronze?medalist in judo who made a successful transition to professional MMA in 2011. Fighting out of Glendale, California, she became the first woman to sign with the UFC in 2012.She defended the promotions 135-pound bantamweight championship six times before surrendering the belt to Holly Holm in a knockout loss at UFC 193 in November. Rousey has not returned to the Octagon since the loss, but UFC president Dana White has repeatedly said he is hopeful she could return before the end of the year.Before her loss, Rousey was seemingly invincible in competition. In February 2015, she set a record for the fastest finish in UFC title-fight history by defeating Cat Zingano via armbar in 14 seconds. UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor broke that record nine months later by knocking out Jose Aldo in 13 seconds.Its not violence for the sake of violence, Rousey said. The word art is in it for a reason. When I go in there, yeah, Im fighting, but really what Im trying to do is outsmart the other person. Its a puzzle to be solved.Im not going in there and spazzing out, swinging my hands -- lifting weights so I can swing my hands even harder. Its more mental and tactical than anything else, and I think its the purest, most beautiful sport in the world.In addition to profiling Rousey, The Hurt Business: A Deeper Look at MMA also focuses on former UFC champions Jon Jones, Rashad Evans and Holm, according to a release. It is directed by Vlad Yudin. Stitched Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys . One game after a miserable showing in Oklahoma City, Gay tied a career high with 41 points and the Sacramento Kings cruised to a 114-97 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Stitched Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.stitchednfljerseys.us.com/Stitched-Detroit-Lions-Nike-Jerseys-Cheap/ . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Stitched Los Angeles Rams Jerseys . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. Stitched Washington Redskins Jerseys . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. Last year the Denver Nuggets opened their season with a surprisingly easy rout in Houston. They were confident entering their home opener only to fall flat against Minnesota.They want to avoid that same fate this year.The Nuggets survived a 50-point night by Anthony Davis to beat the Pelicans, 107-102, in New Orleans on Wednesday. Now they want to carry that momentum when they start their home schedule Saturday night against Portland.While the win in New Orleans was encouraging, it will be tainted by a poor performance against the Trail Blazers.My hope now is, as we turn our attention to our home opener, we can have a much better showing than we had in our home opener last year, Nuggets coach Michael Malone told The Denver Post. I thought we came out flat on our home floor.The Nuggets face a Portland team that is coming off a 114-106 loss at home to the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday night. The Blazers have already played two games, beating Utah 113-104 on Tuesday, and guard Damian Lillard looks to be in midseason form. He had 39 points in Tuesdays game and followed that with 29 points and 10 rebounds against the Clippers.This will be Portlands first road game. The Blazers were 3-1 against Denver last season, splitting the two games at Pepsi Center and sweeping the home games.Portland will have to quickly put Thursdays emotional game in the rearview mirror. The Blazers and the Clippers have a budding rivalry, and it was evident in L.A.s win. Portland upset the Clippers in the first round of the 2016 playoffs and the tensions from that spilled into Thursday.Mason Plumlee and C.J. McCollum both drew flagrant fouls in the loss.Counted with preseason, the season and the playoffs, weve played them, like, 12 or 13 times in the last year, Mason Plumlee tolld The Oregonian of the Clippers.dddddddddddd We feel like theyre related to us.There is no history like that with Denver, but that doesnt diminish the significance of the matchup for the Nuggets. They are trying to get back to the playoffs for the first time in four years, and their collection of young talent is starting to show signs of maturity.Center Jusuf Nurkic, who played just 33 games last year because of injury, looked everything like his nickname, The Bosnian Beast, in the win in New Orleans. He had 23 points and nine rebounds and was a force inside.Malone did come away with something to fix in the win. Denver committed 25 turnovers, which led to 26 points for the Pelicans.It would have been more painful had the Nuggets blown a double-digit lead in the second half but they held on for the win.I just think it was first-game jitters, guard Will Barton told The Denver Post. Preseason is great but it still cant come close to the regular season.Denver is hopeful guard Gary Harris can return to the lineup. Harris missed most of the preseason and Wednesdays game with a groin injury but was practicing this week.The Trail Blazers are hoping to get guard Evan Turner on track. Turner, who signed a $70-million free-agent contract, is struggling while getting integrated into Portlands system.Some nights, things are going to go your way, Turner told The Oregonian. Some nights, theyre not. Ive just got to fight through it and build consistency in that area. And the tide is going to turn. Like I said, Im doing things, making plays that Ive always done and shooting shots that Im always taking. The shots are just going in and out. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen