ally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roug

in Allgemein 26.10.2018 15:10
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

SAN ANTONIO -- When the San Antonio Spurs finally stopped James Harden, his Houston Rockets teammates came through on defense.Harden had a triple-double with 24 points, 15 assists and 12 rebounds, and Houston made two late defensive stands to hold off San Antonio 101-99 on Wednesday night, handing the Spurs their third straight home loss.It was important for us, Harden said. The only way were going to get to where we want to go is on the defensive end. The game wasnt pretty at all, but defensively we got stops.Kawhi Leonard scored 34 points for the Spurs but missed his final two shots, either of which could have tied the game. After Leonard missed a layup in the final seconds, LaMarcus Aldridge missed a tip-in attempt at the buzzer.Aldridge finished with 14 points and five rebounds.It was a good play called, Leonard said of his last shot. I got to the paint, got a shot off, just didnt fall. (Aldridge) had a good chance, it just fell short, but well take that again.Leonard made 11 shots on a career-high 26 field goal attempts.San Antonio extended its longest skid at home since dropping three straight overtime games in December 2014. The Spurs did not lose at home last season until April 11 against Golden State and tied an NBA record by finishing 40-1 at the AT&T Center.Its tough to win in this building, Rockets forward Ryan Anderson said. Theyre a team that obviously has some great players. To get a win in here, youve got to be happy.The Spurs used a rotation spearheaded by Leonard and Danny Green to defend Harden, but found little success.Harden set an aggressive tone early with nine points, six assists and three rebounds in the first quarter.Hes always been a great passer, San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. He has the ball in his hands a lot more as the point guard. He is one of the best players in the league. Very difficult to guard.When Harden wasnt draining jumpers and tossing in runners, he kicked the ball out to open teammates after drawing multiple defenders on his drives.The Rockets were 10 for 30 on 3-pointers and shot 47 percent overall in snapping a four-game skid at San Antonio.Anderson was 4 for 6 on 3-pointers and had 20 points. Eric Gordon scored 15 and fellow reserve Sam Dekker added 12.Coach is liable to call anybody and guys stepped up, Harden said. Dekker hit some big shots.The Spurs sat Pau Gasol the entire second quarter in favor of a quicker lineup and it helped them erase a 13-point deficit to take a 51-50 lead.San Antonio employed the same strategy late in the third to pull within a point twice, but could not overcome the Rockets even when Harden struggled.He missed his final three shots as well as a pair of free throws and committed a turnover in the final 3 minutes, yet Houston was able to win with defense.They had my back, Harden said. But those turnovers, those cant happen consistently, or two missed free throws.TIP-INSRockets: Harden had his streak of four straight games with at least 30 points and 12 assists snapped. ... Houston played seven of its first eight games on the road. The last team to open with such an arduous schedule was Cleveland in 1970-71. ... Corey Brewer started his second straight game. Gordon started the teams first six games.Spurs: Tony Parker missed his third consecutive game with a sore right knee. Popovich expects Parker to play Friday at home against Detroit or Saturday in Houston. ... Manu Ginobili joined Rashard Lewis as the only second-round draft picks in NBA history with 13,000 career points and at least 1,300 3-pointers. Ginobili is the 15th second-rounder to reach 13,000 points. ... Green became the sixth player with at least one 3-pointer in 300 games for the Spurs. Parker, Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, Matt Bonner and Sean Elliott are the others.GOOD FITHardens move to point guard has paid off for the Rockets, who are tied with the Spurs atop the Southwest Division at 5-3.Hes scoring a bundle and getting about 10 assists a game, Popovich said. I think anybody would take that. Thats pretty darn good.DANNY BOYGreen made his season debut for San Antonio, scoring eight points in his return from a strained left quadriceps. He missed his first 3-point try but drained his second from the right corner and finished 2 for 8 on 3s.I thought Danny was great, Popovich said. He hit big shots. He drove it a few times. He played good defense. I thought he looked really good.UP NEXTRockets: Host San Antonio on Saturday.Spurs: Host Detroit on Friday. Eric Hosmer Jersey . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Carlos Asuaje Jersey . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. http://www.padresrookiestore.com/Padres-Brad-Hand-Kids-Jersey/ . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. Trevor Hoffman Jersey . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Randy Jones Jersey . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. Having finally overcome his mental demons, Western Sydney goalkeeper Jerrad Tyson hopes his first A-League showing in nearly three years was enough to earn him a recall.Wanderers coach Tony Popovic gave Tyson the nod for last Fridays 1-1 draw with Melbourne City, in a sign he may have tired with maligned regular No.1 Andrew Redmayne.Thrown in at the deep end against Bruno Fornaroli and Tim Cahill, the 27-year-old admitted he wasnt sure his form, untested since February 2014, would stand up.I felt pressure going into the game because Ive been a reserve goalkeeper for a long time now, Tyson said.I suppose I had a few demons in my own head thinking `am I actually good enough to play at this level?Getting the opportunity to play on Friday night was fantastic, just for my own head to say, `yes, I do feel like Im good enough to play at this level.IIll certainly keep training hard and hope to get the nod again this week against Brisbane.ddddddddddddI loved it. It was something Ive been waiting a long time for and it lived up to all expectations.Tysons gain was undoubtedly Redmaynes pain, the latter dropped following criticism of his recent performances.But Tyson said Redmayne had been nothing but supportive of the sudden competition.Redders and I have known each other for 10 years and played in a lot of teams together ... weve got a really close friendship first of all, and a very professional relationship on the pitch as well, he said.I was always supporting him when he had the job, and he was fantastic for me this week with me getting the nod for the game. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen