ation to attend.Toovey played 238 games for

in Allgemein 02.01.2019 11:27
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

CANTON, Ohio -- Forcefully and emotionally, Cris Carter summed up the 50th induction ceremony for the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday night. The seventh and final inductee from the Class of 2013, Carter honoured dozens of people in his life who were "going into the Hall of Fame with me tonight," as he followed Jonathan Ogden, Dave Robinson, Larry Allen, Bill Parcells, Curley Culp and Warren Sapp in being inducted. More than 120 hall members, a record, and a crowd of 11,500 was on hand at Fawcett Stadium for the golden anniversary celebration of the shrine. "I appreciate the process you have to go through to get to be a Hall of Famer," Carter said. "To be able to join these men on this stage in football heaven is the greatest day of my life." Carter needed six tries to make the hall even though he retired as the No. 2 career receiver behind Jerry Rice. He choked back tears as he made his speech after being presented by his son, Duron, and he spoke of his problems with alcohol while playing three years for the Eagles before being released. He hooked on immediately with the Vikings and hooked onto nearly everything throw his way: Carter finished his 16-season career with 1,101 catches for 13,899 yards and 130 touchdowns. "This game gave me identity, gave me a sense of purpose," he said. Parcells also seemingly spoke for everyone in the Hall of Fame, and all the people gathered Saturday night. "Theres a kinship created that lasts for the rest of your life," he said about his experience as one of the NFLs most successful coaches. The master of the franchise turnaround as the only coach to take four teams to the playoffs, Parcells won Super Bowls with the New York Giants in the 1986 and 1990 seasons. "Every organization I worked for supported me to the fullest," Parcells said. "Without that, youve got no shot." Parcells was Coach of the Year honours in 1986 and 1994. He asked to have his bust placed somewhere near Lawrence Taylor in the hall "so I can keep an eye on that sucker." As relaxed as if he had no one to block, Ogden became the first Baltimore Raven enshrined. The first player drafted by the Ravens after the franchise moved from Cleveland in 1996 and was renamed, Ogden was presented by the man who made that selection, fellow Hall of Famer Ozzie Newsome, now Baltimores general manager. A former college shot putter at UCLA, the 6-foot-9, 345-pound Ogden starred at tackle for a dozen seasons in Baltimore, winning the 2000 NFL championship. "He is part of the foundation of this franchise, part of the reason we have two Super Bowl championships," Newsome said. Ogden, who was given a 2013 Super Bowl ring by the team, made the hall in his first year of eligibility. He was a six-time All-Pro, made the Pro Bowl 11 times and was the main blocker when Jamal Lewis rushed for 2,066 yards in 2003. "Talent isnt enough," Ogden said. "A lot of people have talent, they dont always live up to it. For me it is about maximizing, striving for perfection." Allen, who sniffled his way through his speech, was just as dominating a blocker as Ogden. He also was the NFLs strongest man, once bench-pressing 700 pounds, saying "I did it naturally." A lead blocker for Dallas as Emmitt Smith became the NFLs career rushing leader, Allen made six All-Pro squads and 11 Pro Bowls in his 14 seasons, the final two with San Francisco. He won the Super Bowl in the 1995 season and was voted into the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility, "I just knew I had to win every play," he said. "Thats the reason I am here. I knew if I lost a play, I had 45 seconds to get even." Sapp became only the second Tampa Bay Buccaneer enshrined, 18 years after Lee Roy Selmon made it. He was elected in his first year of eligibility following 13 seasons in which he went from instant starter after being selected 12th overall in the 1995 draft to Defensive Player of the Year in 1999. That season, he had 12 1/2 sacks as the Bucs won their first division title in 18 years. For his career, Sapp had 96 1/2 sacks, extremely high for a defensive tackle. "I sit here with the greatest among the great," Sapp said, breaking into tears. "Were here, baby." Presented Saturday night by his 15-year-old daughter, Mercedes, Sapp made the NFLs All-Decade squads for the 1990s and the 2000s. Sapp, who both Ogden and Allen said was as tough to handle as any player they faced, paid tribute to his roots in Plymouth, Fla. "That dirt road was something rough," he said. "We sure turned it into something special." Robinson became the 12th inductee from the vintage Packers coached by Vince Lombardi to be enshrined. Robinson was a prototype outside linebacker who could rush the quarterback, cover tight ends or running backs on pass plays, and stop the run. He made the NFLs All-Decade team of the 1960s and won three NFL titles, including the first two Super Bowls. "This is the biggest day of the 21st century for the Robinson family," he said, adding that he "lives 25 miles from here but it took me 38 years to get here. "Now, I am immortalized." As is Culp, one of the games most dominant defensive tackles for much of his 14 pro seasons, including the 1969 season when he helped Kansas City win the NFL title. A five-time Pro Bowler, Culp also played for Houston and Detroit, retiring in 1981, then waiting more than three decades to be enshrined Saturday as a senior nominee. "It gives me joy and inspiration that will last the rest of my life," Culp said. "I am just overwhelmed by the struggles, joys and tears of those who made it here. Im happy to join them in the Hall of Fame. 12 Oz Hydro Flask Kids . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. Hydro Flask 18 Oz Wide Mouth . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans. The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. http://www.hydroflaskcoffeesale.com/hydro-flask-coffee-flasks.html . -- Canadian Andrew Wiggins got the ball on the wing, made a nifty spin move and then let go with a soft floater from about 10 feet that swished through the net in Allen Fieldhouse. Hydro Flask Coffee 12 Oz . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. Hydro Flask Coffee Cup . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. It appears time is yet to heal the wounds of Geoff Tooveys sacking as coach of Manly after the NRL club legend declined to attend the Sea Eagles Golden Eagles celebrations at Brookvale Oval.Toovey, who was replaced by Trent Barrett in 2015 despite having one more year left on his deal with Manly, was a notable absentee from the celebrations at the clubs spiritual home for the round 21 clash against Newcastle.More than 150 Golden Eagles, made up of former players of the club, watched the match from a special area in the northwestern corner.The group did a lap of honour to a rousing reception from fans before the NNRL game.ddddddddddddClub great and 1996 premiership winner Mark Carroll told Triple M what a special event it was for the players.Its great for us all to get together and catch up on the good old days, Carroll told Triple M.Its understood Toovey, who was also a part of Manlys 1996 title-winning side and whos made no secret of the hurt he felt after being sacked, declined an invitation to attend.Toovey played 238 games for Manly and coached them in 102, including the 2013 grand final. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen