nal game, home to the Dallas Stars. [url=ht

in Allgemein 07.01.2019 12:22
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

Its been nearly five years since Australian motocross star Robbie Maddison took on freestyle courses at the X Games. But when he makes his return at X Games Aspen 2017 (Jan. 26-29), he wont be kicking up dirt -- hell be making tracks in the snow.Maddison will be one of 16 riders debuting Snow BikeCross, a motocross-style, closed-course competition featuring rollers, banked turns and jumps. The first rider to the finish wins. Its going to be a stacked field, says Maddison, a freestyle motocross champion famous for his groundbreaking stunts. Im excited to get back to racing, to how I started in motocross.Snow bike is, in fact, only the latest in a series of innovations by Maddison that have prolonged his career. At 35, an age when most freestyle riders have retired from competition or traded two wheels for four, he is as relevant as ever. One of the most creative action sports athletes, hes won freestyle titles, set Guinness world records for distance-jumping his dirt bike and executed some of the most audacious motorcycle stunts since Evel Knievel. He has jumped onto a replica of the Arc de Triomphe in Las Vegas, backflipped Londons Tower Bridge and launched across the Corinth Canal in Greece.But it was a life-altering crash four and a half years ago that led him to rethink the potential of his machine. In 2012, while practicing for Moto X Speed & Style at X Games Los Angeles, he crashed in the whoops section and broke several ribs, one of which collapsed a lung and pushed against his aorta. I almost died there on the dirt, Maddison says. The doctors said, Youll never ride a motorcycle again. You need to change your lifestyle. I spent a week in the hospital feeling totally demoralized and contemplating my future. After months of intense physical therapy, Maddison defied the doctors and got back onto his bike. But he decided competing in freestyle was no longer worth the risk. Instead, while at his home in Australia the following winter, he rekindled a thought hed had many times before while surfing and wakeboarding. Im fascinated by the way water moves around boats, Maddison says. My mind started wandering. I knew with the right speed and the right skis, water has enough surface tension that I should be able to ride my dirt bike on water.Enter Bill King, a former rocket scientist who as VP of 2Moto engineered one of the first snow conversion kits for dirt bikes. King flew from Boise to Maddisons home in California, looked at his sketches of a ski attached to the front and back wheels of his dirt bike and declared, This will work. After experimenting with various bike manufacturers and several design modifications, Maddison rode a KTM 300 XC two-stroke 7? miles across Californias Lake Elsinore. Once he proved it possible to ride a motorcycle on water for long distances, he set his sights on the seemingly impossible.After two years of endless trial and error, countless failures and dozens of sunk bikes, Maddison and DC Shoes released Pipe Dream in August 2015. The action sports video features him surfing his KTM on Tahitis Teahupoo, known as the heaviest wave in the world. The video has about 25 million YouTube views. That project solidified to me having the confidence to follow my passions, he says. It excites me to think about whats possible as human beings. What else am I capable of? Thats the question I wake up with most days.Pipe Dream reinvigorated Maddisons career. In the spring, he got a call from D.J. Caruso, the director of xXx: Return of Xander Cage, the Vin Diesel action movie due out in January. Caruso invited Maddison, who had previously doubled James Bond in Skyfall, to bring his moto surfer to the Dominican Republic. He wanted Maddison to re-create his water bike stunts for the film. One small problem: Maddison looks nothing like Vin Diesel. A bigger problem: No one else could maneuver the machine. So Maddison shaved his head and donned a muscle suit to double Diesel racing across waves on a dirt bike.Now Maddison is shooting Pipe Dream 2 on a second-generation version of his water bike, with plans to release the first footage around Christmas-before he shifts his attention from water to snow. Hes proved he can surf on a dirt bike; now hell see how he stacks up racing one on snow against some of the best motocross riders in the world.Im trying to ride every terrain possible, he says. Im returning to X Games with a lot on my shoulders. I havent been the most successful X Games athlete-I only have one medal. Ive had a lot of injuries. But I dont have the ability to give up in my DNA. Wholesale Basketball Shoes . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. Cheap Nike Paul George Basketball Shoes China . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. http://www.cheapbasketballshoesstore.net/?tag=cheap-nike-chris-paul-basketball-shoes-china . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. Cheap Basketball Shoes China . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. Cheap Basketball Shoes Free Shipping .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. In this season of home runs, when balls are flying out of ballparks at the second-highest rate in history, we associate power with imposing figures like David Ortiz or Kris Bryant or Miguel Cabrera.Yet there, high up the leaderboards, sits Brian Dozier, generously listed at 5-foot-11, with 42 home runs, one away from tying the single-season record for a second baseman. There sits 5-foot-10 Khris Davis with 41 home runs. A little lower is Mookie Betts, 5-foot-9 in cleats, with 31 home runs. Jose Altuve is leading the league in hitting and has 24 home runs and even his mother doesnt believe his listed height of 5-foot-6. Padres rookie Ryan Schhimpf, 5-foot-9 on a good day, has blasted 19 home runs in 86 games.ddddddddddddThis leads to a question: Are we in some sort of golden age of short players? There are even more on the way. Red Sox rookie Andrew Benintendi, the top hitting prospect in the minors this season, has made a smooth transition to the majors, hitting .309 and slugging .500 in 106 plate appearances. Hes slightly built and listed at 5-foot-10 and maybe he is; after interviewing him at the Futures Games, I might think a recount is in order. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen