n the same way, too, because hes like a defe

in Allgemein 08.01.2019 11:19
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Cody Ross wasnt seeking revenge against the team that let him go. He just wanted a win and he gave it to the Arizona Diamondbacks with a decisive homer. The seventh-inning solo shot that just cleared the Green Monster capped his four-hit return to Fenway Park -- more hits than he had in any of his 130 games with Boston last year -- and lifted the Diamondbacks to a 7-6 victory over the Red Sox on Friday night. "Obviously, I want to come in here and perform and play well. Any time you play against one of your old teams you want to do that," Ross said, "but I have no hard feelings toward anybody in this organization." Ross, Bostons regular right fielder last season, drove in three runs, doubled twice and singled once. His big hit came with the score tied at 6 when he led off the seventh inning against Pedro Beato (1-1) with his seventh homer of the year. It barely made it over the left-field wall and the umpires upheld the call after a video replay. "I thought I hit it pretty good, better than I did," he said, "but, nonetheless, they all count." In his only season with the Red Sox, Ross hit .267 with 22 homers and 81 RBIs. But they let him leave as a free agent and signed Shane Victorino to take his spot in right. His focus was greater in his first game at his old stadium. "It feels like a playoff-type deal," said Ross, whose second-place team remained four games behind the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL West. "You dont want to give away any at-bat. Maybe I should do that every time I go to the plate. Id probably be a better player. But your concentration levels a little higher, a little more intense." He doubled in the first, then singled in a run in the third, cutting Bostons lead to 4-3. He hit another RBI double in the three-run fifth when Arizona went ahead 6-4. He finished his night by grounding out in the ninth. "He came back with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder. Ross is a good guy," Boston starter Jon Lester said, "but when he steps in that batters box, hes just another hitter that Ive got to get out. Obviously, I didnt do that." Brad Ziegler allowed singles to Stephen Drew and Jacoby Ellsbury in the ninth, but got his sixth save in six chances by retiring the last two batters as the Red Sox barely missed their third walkoff win in three days. But they kept their one-game lead in the AL East over Tampa Bay, which lost to San Francisco, 4-1. "We started to put it together," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "Things started to build, a little momentum, similar to the feeling that weve had the last couple of nights. But, unfortunately, it didnt happen here tonight." The Red Sox had tied the game at 6 in the sixth on Drews two-run homer, his eighth of the year, after a single by Mike Napoli. Randall Delgado (4-3) got the win despite his worst performance of the season. He gave up six runs in six innings, the first time in his nine starts this year that he allowed more than three. He entered the game with a shutout streak of 14 2-3 innings after tossing the first shutout and complete game of his career in his last start, a 10-0 win over San Diego. Lester also struggled after a solid stretch in which he posted a 2.29 ERA in his previous three starts. In his last start before Friday, he pitched seven innings in a 5-0 win at Baltimore. But against the Diamondbacks he allowed six runs and 11 hits in a season-low 4 1-3 innings. "If I knew why I was off, I would have made the adjustment a lot earlier," he said. Arizona finished with 16 hits. "Thats the way we should be swinging the bats," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "Its been a while. We came out and swung with some aggression." Paul Goldschmidt gave Arizona a 2-0 lead with his 25th homer after a single by Aaron Hill. Boston tied it in the bottom of the inning when Ellsbury tripled and scored on David Ortizs 21st homer. The Red Sox made it 4-2 in the second when Daniel Nava reached on a throwing error by shortstop Didi Gregorius. Jarrod Saltalamacchia doubled him to third and Drew and Brock Holt hit sacrifice flies. Ross RBI single scored Martin Prado, who had doubled in the third. Then the Diamondbacks took a 6-4 lead with three runs in the sixth on RBI doubles by Prado and Ross and a run-scoring single by Jason Kubel. "I had this game circled on the calendar for a while," Ross said. "It was really nice to be back in Fenway." NOTES: Jack Peavy (8-4) makes his first start for Boston since being obtained from the Chicago White Sox when he faces Patrick Corbin (12-2) on Saturday night. ... Ortiz has reached base in 16 straight games. ... Arizona SS Gregorius struck out in all four at bats. ... J.J. Putz pitched 2-3 of an inning in relief of Delgado and held the Red Sox scoreless for the 13th straight game, starting in Aug. 26, 2006. ... Lester didnt issue a walk for the second time in three games. Cheap Nike Air Vapormax . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Cheap Nike Air Vapormax China . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. http://www.cheapairvapormaxsale.com/ .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. Nike Air Vapormax Outlet . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. Youth Nike Air Vapormax . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Nasty, hard-hitting, wicked. Sure. But dirty? No way, say the Denver Broncos.I just dont think thats what we are, linebacker Todd Davis said. Were not malicious. We dont intentionally go to hurt anybody. We just play hard. We play physical.About all those helmet-to-helmet hits on Cam Newton, then ...Just because we hit Cam in the head a couple of times, that doesnt make us dirty, insisted linebacker Brandon Marshall, who had one of four helmet-to-helmet hits on Carolinas big quarterback in the Broncos 21-20 win over the Panthers on Thursday night.The brutality of the game sparked debates over league safety, sideline concussion protocol, the ability of the NFL MVP to survive, much less continue to thrive, as a read-option QB and yes, whether Denvers devastating defense crossed the line from dominant to dirty.Although none of the helmet hits on Newton resulted in penalty yardage and none got him checked for a concussion, Marshall said hes expecting a FedEx letter in his locker Wednesday informing him of a hefty fine.Safety Darian Stewart, whose helmet-to-helmet hit left Newton motionless on the ground in the games final minute, is bracing for such a letter, too. His hit drew a flag but it was negated by intentional grounding.The other helmet-to-helmet hits came from Super Bowl MVP Von Miller and cornerback Bradley Roby, who was fined $24,309 for his illegal hit on Rams receiver Duke Williams in an Aug. 27 exhibition game -- a sizable forfeiture given that NFL veterans make $1,900 a week in the preseason.Marshall said what he considers a dirty play is stepping on somebodys ankle at the bottom of a pile, twisting somebody around, something like that. We just play hard. We hit hard. We play fast. ... Its the speed of the game. Were a malicious group, but were not dirty.Marshall said the word dirty should only be used when a team deliberately breaks the rules.Yeah, dirty is intentional, Marshall said. One time I was in college man and I made a tackle and I saw a player from Utah State run around the pile. Im on the ground still. He ran around the pile, he grabbed my ankle, stepped on it and twisted it. Thats dirty. We dont do stuff like that.Marshall said he meant to hit Newton hard but not in the head, and Stewart said he thought he led with his shoulder on his big hit.ddddddddddddf fined, Stewart said, Im definitely going to appeal. I didnt think it was that type of play.Broncos coach Gary Kubiak also dismissed the notion of his defense being dirty, saying, We play hard. Were going to continue to play hard.Kubiak called Newton the leagues best player and said when he leaves the pocket, you better tackle him like a (running) back.Marshall said other teams will be hitting Newton the same way, too, because hes like a defensive end barreling down on defenders and the only way for a smaller safety or linebacker to bring him down is to go high or low.Denver defensive end Derek Wolfe said the league should be looking at the Panthers O-linemen for their dirty play. He told Bleacher Report the Panthers were cutting out legs, grabbing the facemask, grabbing our pads, tackling our legs ... they just let these offensive linemen get away with murder.Wolfe said Miller was in a full Nelson wrestling hold on one play and Carolina wasnt whistled for holding.Cornerback Chris Harris Jr. said nobody should have been surprised that the Broncos clobbered Newton they way they did.Were getting called dirty? Did they not watch the 2015 Broncos? They act like theyve never seen us play, Harris said. Thats how we won the Super Bowl .The Broncos crossed the line aplenty last season, when they were the leagues most heavily fined team, and well be fined again, Harris said.He wondered whether the Panthers guards would also face fines for their actions Thursday night. Trai Turner drew a 15-yard taunting penalty for getting in the cornerbacks face after Harris surrendered Kevin Benjamins TD in the first half. And Andrew Norwell drew a 15-yard unnecessary roughness flag for jumping on Harris after his fourth-quarter interception.So, can you not say they were targeting me? Harris asked. I could have broken my ribs with a 300-pound guy jumping on top of me. They were targeting me. Come on, man.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen