gest stars over the past decade. There are many

in Allgemein 12.01.2019 08:39
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Carlos Delgado has some advice for his old team as it tries to overcome a disappointing start to the season. And the former Toronto Blue Jays slugger says the recipe for the clubs 2013 edition is simple. "In the second half just take it one game at a time, dont start looking at the standings, dont start trying to figure out how many games you need to win to make it to the playoffs," Delgado said before Saturdays game against the Tampa Bay Rays. "You know what, just go out and have fun. But they have to play it out." Delgado met the media ahead of Sundays pre-game ceremony that will see him inducted into the clubs Level of Excellence at Rogers Centre. The 41-year-old was a member of the Blue Jays from 1993 to 2004 and is the franchise leader in home runs (336), RBIs (1,058), walks (827), slugging percentage (.556), OPS (.949), runs (889), total bases (2,786) and doubles (343). The Blue Jays made a number of big moves during the off-season and were touted as World Series favourites before the season began. But they entered Saturday last in the American League East with a record of 45-50. "I think (they) have a great group of guys," said Delgado, whose 17-year playing career also included stops with the Florida Marlins and the New York Mets. "I think they have a lot of talent but for some reason they havent been able to put it together." He adds that the team will only find the winning formula by trusting in themselves. "Good players on paper dont win championships," Delgado said. "You have to figure out a way to gel, you have to figure out a way to pick each other up. They have to figure out a way to go out there and win even when guys are hurt, even when guys are struggling, even when your best players are not playing great. "They have the talent and they showed in the first half that theyve got a great bullpen. So they have things that they can build on. Its important for them to take it easy, lets go play, no panic but there (also) has to be a sense of urgency." Delgado will be the sixth player to be added to the Level of Excellence, joining pitcher Dave Stieb, Hall of Fame second baseman Roberto Alomar, shortstop Tony Fernandez and outfielders Joe Carter and George Bell. Former manager Cito Gaston, former general manager Pat Gillick, late broadcaster Tom Cheek and current president and CEO Paul Beeston have also been honoured. "This was a surprise," Delgado said of his selection. "I always said that I played the game to try to win, to go out there and do the best I can with my abilities." Delgados career ended with a hip injury that did not respond to surgery. He finally had a hip replacement several months ago. The two-time all-star (2000, 2003) won the Hank Aaron Award and Sporting News Player of the Year Award in 2000 and the Silver Slugger Award in 1999, 2000 and 2003. "Im not into awards or recognition. Having said that ....when I got that call from Mr. Beeston I was super excited," Delgado said. "I can look at that Level of Excellence and you see some great names, some great ballplayers and some great icons of Toronto Blue Jays history and Im completely honoured." Wholesale Jerseys New Zeland Store . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Authentic Jerseys New Zeland . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. http://www.cheapjerseysnz.com/ . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. Stitched Jerseys New Zeland . 10 VCU 85-67 on Thursday night at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Seminoles (4-0) have scored at least 80 points in each of their games. Wholesale Jerseys NZ . Halifax beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 7-5 on the strength of two goals apiece from Nikolaj Ehlers, Matt Murphy and Brent Andrews. Jonathan Drouin also scored and had three assists while Zachary Fucale made 17 saves for the Mooseheads (16-8-0), who led 6-1 after two periods. The Milwaukee Bucks?have agreed to an extension with small forward?Giannis Antetokounmpo, the team announced Monday.The extension is for four years and is worth $100 million, sources told ESPN.com.The deal for the rising young prospect is for slightly less than the maximum salary, which wouldve been $106 million over four years, and contains no options, sources said. Its a strong deal for the Bucks, who lock up the multitalented young star and leave their five-year designated player slot open for possible use on Jabari Parker next year when he is eliigible to sign an extension.ddddddddddddIn contract talks that played out over the summer, Antetokounmpo expressed a willingness to take slightly less than the max in an effort to help the Bucks retain their young core, sources said.Antetokounmpo averaged 17.2 points, 7.8 rebounds and 4.4 assists last season. The Bucks are planning to use Antetokounmpo, dubbed the Greek Freak, at point guard at times this upcoming season. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen