rushing touchdowns and 33 100-yard gam

in Allgemein 14.01.2019 12:02
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

North Queensland five-eighth Michael Morgan said the Cowboys finals equation remains the same despite suffering a 16-10 NRL qualifying final loss to Melbourne.The Cowboys will regroup and host Brisbane in Townsville next Friday in an elimination semi-final, still requiring three victories to secure back-to-back premierships.We came into the finals series needing three wins and thats still what we need, Morgan said.Well take it one game at a time. It sounds boring but at this time of the year, thats what we have to do ... its do or die.The Queensland sides have met twice this year and both derby games were decided by a single point.In round four, the Broncos were victorious 21-20 and the Cowboys took the spoils 19-18 in round 11.Not to mention last years grand final epic, famously won 17-16 by the Cowboys in golden point.Morgan tipped the semi-final to be another tightly-fought encounter.It just comes from the mutual respect for each other I suppose, Morgan said.We know a lot of their players and weve played in big games against each other so it brings the best out of both teams.Morgan faces a huge individual showdown with in-form opposite No.6 Anthony Milford but he backed his sides defence to be up to the task.(Milfords) obviously a very exciting player and one that I enjoy watching, but hopefully I wont enjoy it too much next week, Morgan said.Hes good at pulling defensive lines apart and hes got a strong power base as well, he might be shorter and look small but he is very strong and hes very elusive and has good feet and speed.But if we defend as a team and as a line, then hopefully well limit his opportunities. Grossiste Chaussure Pas Cher Site De Chaussure Pas Cher France .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. http://www.chaussuresfrancepascher.fr/ .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. Grossiste Chaussure France . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Site De Chaussure Pas Cher . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. When FBS recruiters visited Las Vegas to evaluate tailback Donnel Pumphrey in 2012, they told then-Canyon Springs High School coach Hunkie Cooper the same things.Hes a really good football player, they would say. But hes too small, and hell never hold up.But Cooper, who is now in his second season as San Diego States receivers coach, believed he knew what a good football player looked like, regardless of his size. At 5-foot-9 and 190 pounds, Cooper played 13 seasons in the Arena Football League and was voted one of the leagues greatest players.Cooper also coached former Oklahoma star DeMarco Murray as an assistant coach at Bishop Gorman High in Las Vegas, and he believed Pumphrey, despite his 5-foot-9, 175-pound frame, was even better than Murray.But after several coaches from the Big 12 and Pac-12 declined to offer Pumphrey a scholarship, Cooper called San Diego State offensive coordinator/running backs coach Jeff Horton, who was one of his position coaches at UNLV in 1989-90.Coach Horton is like a father figure to me, Cooper said. I told him Pump was one of the best players Id ever coached and he had an upside. Coach Horton agreed to take him, and the rest is history.On Saturday, Pumphrey will try to make history by becoming the all-time leading rusher in the FBS. He needs 108 yards against Houston in the Las Vegas Bowl presented by Geico (3:30 p.m. ET on ABC) to break former Wisconsin star Ron Daynes FBS career record of 6,397 yards.It would mean a lot to break the record because of all the work my team put in, Pumphrey said. It would mean a lot to have my name at the top. Its a great honor.Heisman Trophy winners Archie Griffin, Herschel Walker, Charles White, Tony Dorsett and Ricky Williams were among the legendary players Pumphrey passed this season on the FBS rushing list.I think it hit when I passed Tony Dorsett, Pumphrey said. Thats a legend right there. I never thought Id be in the same position with those guys.Dayne, the 1999 Heisman Trophy winner, actually rushed for 7,125 yards on 1,220 carries in 47 games with the Badgers from 1996 to 1999, but the NCAA didnt begin including statistics from postseason games in its official records until 2002. Dayne ran for a whopping 728 yards combined in four bowl games.Entering Saturdays game against the Cougars, Pumphrey has gained 6,290 yards on 1,040 carries in 53 games. Dayne averaged 5.8 yards per carry during his four-year college career; Pumphrey has averaged 6.0.In fact, Pumphrey would actually rank No. 3 in career rushing if postseason statistics were included for all players. He needs 237 yards against Houston to move past Dorsett for the No. 2 spot bbehind Dayne; Dorsett gained 6,526 yards at Pitt from 1973 to 1976, including bowl games.ddddddddddddid I know hed be in the top two to ever play in the FBS? Cooper asked. No. Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson and Tony Dorsett, those are my guys. When I heard those names roll off the list, I knew Pump was special. Hes the real deal.Its not like Pumphrey has anything left to prove. He is the only player in FBS history to have 5,000 yards rushing and 1,000 receiving in his career, and hes first among active players with 7,374 all-purpose yards, 61 rushing touchdowns and 33 100-yard games.What was even more impressive the past four seasons was Pumphreys durability, especially considering his smallish size. He had at least 275 carries in each of the past three seasons and seemed to get better late in the game.I try to make guys miss as much as possible, Pumphrey said. When its time to go down, its time to go down. I dont try to drag guys too far. My offensive line has done a great job, and Ive had some really good fullbacks.This season, Pumphrey averaged 5.4 yards per carry in the first quarter and 7.7 in the fourth. He averaged 5.2 yards on first down and 8.9 on third.Thats the way hes trained, Cooper said. Its his football IQ. He might run a zone play in the first quarter and then run it in the second quarter the other way, because he saw something others would never see. Guys arent going to hit him flush. His film study, his vision and his natural ability arent going to allow guys to hit him square.Colorado State coach Mike Bobo, whose Rams held Pumphrey to a season-low 53 yards on 18 carries in a 63-31 win over the Aztecs on Nov. 26, said hes among the best runners he has seen. Bobo coached Los Angeles Rams tailback Todd Gurley and Nick Chubb as Georgias offensive coordinator.He can run inside and out, Bobo said. He can catch the ball out of the backfield. Hes physical and can break one outside and take it to the house. Hes not very big, but they run power-O with him. Hes an I-formation back and gets 30 carries a game. I think hes a competitor, and he loves ball. He runs like it.Breaking Daynes record in his hometown, with much of his family and many of his friends watching, would be a fitting end to Pumphreys college career.It would mean a lot for him, Cooper said. A lot of people knew this kid had talent in Pop Warner leagues and high school. It would be great for him to do it in front of a lot of people who have been instrumental in his life, especially his mother and his daughter. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen