xplained. It was the big stage, `I dont know if I can do this

in Allgemein 16.01.2019 11:56
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- Kevin Garnett never imagined himself coaching. Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue is making him consider it.Lue said he has discussed a position on his staff with Garnett, the 15-time All-Star who recently retired after 21 seasons in the NBA.I talked to him about it. I know his wife is pushing for it a lot, Lue said following practice Thursday. Brandi is pushing for it, trying to get him to come and coach. He says hes not ready yet. He goes back, `I might do it, but hes back and forth. Well see. But Id definitely make a spot for him if he wanted to come back and coach.Garnett last week ended a playing career that will someday land him in the Hall of Fame. The 40-year-old, who played with a relentlessness and intensity from the time he broke into the league as a teenager, said in the past that he wanted to stay tied to basketball but didnt think he had the patience to coach.Lue would like to have his close friend join him. He said Garnett plans to attend the Cavs game on Oct. 25, when LeBron James and his teammates will receive their championship rings and raise a title banner.I know hell be here for that and he says hell be around a lot, Lue said. Well see.Lue and Garnett worked together previously in Boston. Lue was an assistant on Doc Rivers staff with the Celtics during Garnetts last four years with the team. He said the former league MVPs attitude and professionalism were inspiring.Everything hes done, hes been a trendsetter, Lue said. Just seeing him leave the game and the way he played every night on a night-to-night basis, every practice from me being with him in Boston, just how he approached the game every single day. He was just like LeBron. One of the easiest guys to coach as far as being a superstar, as far as telling him what to do, they would do it. If they didnt like what you were doing, theyd pull you out to the side and tell you. Theyd never call you out in front of everybody.Just having respect for everybody from the janitor to the owner. Him, Kobe (Bryant) and (Tim) Duncan (retiring) at the same time is bad for the game. But we all get old. Its all part of the game. Discount Jerseys Ireland .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. Cheap Jerseys Ireland Free Shipping . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. http://www.cheapjerseysireland.com/ . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Jerseys Ireland Sale . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. Cheap Jerseys Ireland Authentic . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. EUGENE, Ore. -- Fast fact: Teenager Sydney McLaughlin can juggle on a unicycle.Thats nothing compared to this: The 16-year-old is headed to Rio, and will be the youngest to compete for the U.S. Olympic track team since 1972, according to USA Track and Field.And to think, the 400-meter hurdles phenom had a panic attack before the start of the trials. She thought the stage might be a tad too big for her.It wasnt. McLaughlin, a soon-to-be senior at Union Catholic in Scotch Plains, New Jersey, finished third on Sunday, behind winner Dalilah Muhammad and Ashley Spencer.Sometimes, I just forget that Im 16, McLaughlin said. Theres not as much expectation. You know, I dont get paid for this. Im here just for fun.Once she got to work, she certainly had a ball. She planned to celebrate by going out for dinner. On her menu -- a cheeseburger, maybe some sweet potato fries, and possibly topped off with a slice of cheesecake.I want be like her when I grow up, said the 23-year-old Spencer. At 16 years old, I wasnt doing anything. I was running track, but it was like, meh? Shes an Olympian.It has always taken a bit of coaxing to get McLaughlin to the starting line -- both as a kid, when her father bribed her with a chocolate bar with almonds to keep her running at 6, and just before the trials.But her high school coach, Mike McCabe, has a counseling degree that he put to good use. He told her it was only nerves and everyone gets them.I think it was more self-doubt, he explained. It was the big stage, `I dont know if I can do this, I dont know if I belong here.We shared with her that everybody has this. Its not just her because shes so young. The elites have it, and theyve been doing it for years.ddddddddddddhe pep talk hit the mark. Although, the world and American junior record holder isnt exactly used to trailing like this. She finished in a world junior-record time of 54.15 seconds, which was still 1.27 behind Muhammad. She also was able to hold off fourth-place finisher Kori Carter.Shes a beast, Carter said. Shes the truth. I was in every single heat with her and she carries herself like a pro. I know shes going to represent the U.S. amazingly.McLaughlin grew up idolizing Allyson Felix, who finished fourth in the 200 meters and missed out on making the U.S. squad in the event. But thats why McLaughlin appreciates Felix -- those kinds of setbacks dont get her down. Felix still has the 400, an event she won last weekend, and will focus on that.You realize that sometimes you have to lose in order to get better, said McLaughlin, who still plans to compete at world juniors later this month in Poland. Thats a big thing.McLaughlin, who turns 17 on Aug. 7, tried to find humor in just about everything. After winning her heat in the semifinals during a steady drizzle, she said, The rain messed up my hair, but thats OK.Just Sydney being Sydney.Shes super-consistent as a racer, McCabe said. You dont see many bad days. You come to a meet like this and you have to be on at the right time. She doesnt take herself too seriously. Running isnt her life. Running chose her. She just happens to be real good at it.---AP National Writer Eddie Pells contributed to this report. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen