Cook dropped twice in the first two overs of the day,

in Allgemein 20.01.2019 09:11
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

OMAHA, Neb. -- Longtime rivals Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps set up their lone showdown at the U.S. Olympic swimming trials by qualifying first and second in the 200-meter individual medley Thursday.Lochte had the top time of 1 minute, 58.05 seconds in the preliminaries. He emerged from the pool limping as a result of the groin injury he suffered Sunday on the first day of trials. It has hampered his performances throughout the week. He has been getting treatment and tweaking the way he swims to compensate.I felt it on the first kick of breaststroke, Lochte said. Ive just got to get a massage, rub it out and hopefully Ill be better.Phelps was second fastest in 1:58.95 on his 31st birthday. His 7-week-old son, Boomer, sat on his mothers lap in the stands during his heat.I feel older, he said. My muscles arent the same. They hurt a lot worse this morning.Lochte and Phelps advanced to the 16-man evening semifinals, along with Austin Surhoff, the son of former major league baseball player B.J. Surhoff. He was fifth fastest in 2:00.26. Also moving on was Michael Andrew, a 17-year-old who has already turned pro. He finished third in Phelps heat and ninth overall.Lochte is already on the team as a relay swimmer based on his fourth-place finish in the 200 freestyle. He wants to swim an individual event in Rio, and the 200 IM represents his last -- and best -- chance after he was third in the 400 IM, one spot out of a berth.The 31-year-old dropped out of the 200 backstroke on Thursday to focus on the 200 IM.It was kind of hard watching it just because I love that event, but I did whats best for me, Lochte said.Phelps made his record fifth Olympic team by winning the 200 butterfly Wednesday.I didnt really sleep last night. I was wide awake at like 5 (a.m.), he said. I knew (coach) Bob (Bowman) was awake, so I started firing texts off to him, asking him questions. He pretty much just said, `Shut up and get ready for this morning, so I went back to sleep for a few hours.Four years ago in London, Phelps won gold and Lochte took silver in the 200 IM. Lochte won the event at last years world championships in Russia, where Phelps couldnt compete while serving a suspension from USA Swimming after his second drunken driving arrest.In other preliminaries, Jacob Pebley and defending Olympic champion Tyler Clary had the two fastest times in the 200 backstroke heats. Pebley was timed in 1:56.29 and Clary went 1:56.85 to make the evening semifinals. Ryan Murphy, the 100 back winner at trials, was third quickest in 1:57.35.On the womens side, teenager Abbey Weitzeil and 30-year-old Olympic veteran Amanda Weir were the two fastest in the 100 freestyle featuring a loaded field. Weitzeil qualified first in 53.58 seconds and Weir was second in 53.76.Dana Vollmer was third quickest in 53.80 and Simone Manuel was fourth in 53.84.Also advancing to the semifinals were Kelsi Worrell, Katie Ledecky, Lia Neal, Missy Franklin, Olivia Smoliga, Natalie Coughlin and Allison Schmitt.In the 200 breaststroke, Micah Lawrence had the fastest time of 2:26.27. Breeja Larson was sixth quickest in pursuit of her second straight Olympic team. Air Max Australia From China .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. White Air Max Australia . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. http://www.shopairmaxaustralia.com/ . PAUL, Minn. Clearance Air Max Australia . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. Air Max Australia Free Shipping . LOUIS -- St.England banished the memory of their second Test defeat to Bangladesh by piling up 311-4 on day one of the first Test against India. Click on the video above to see the best of the action from the first day in Rajkot, where Joe Root (124) struck his 11th Test hundred and Moeen Ali finished unbeaten on 99.The pair led the England recovery from 102-3 after Ben Duckett (13) fell to the final ball of the first session; a sensational catch at slip by Ajinkya Rahane off Ravichandran Ashwin. Ashwin also accounted for Haseeb Hameed (31), after the 19-year-old Lancastrian had impressed initially on his Test debut, sharing in a 47-run stand with Alastair Cook (21). The pair had benefited from some lucky escapes early on in their innings, though, Cook dropped twice in the first two overs of the day, and Hameed shelled when on 13. The story of Day One Catch up with the key moments from the first day of the first Test between England and India Cook was eventually the first wicket to fall, choosing not to review his lbw dismissal against Ravindra Jadeja that was shown to be missing his leg stump.dddddddddddd Hameed then wasted a review on his, when trapped in front by Ashwin.Ducketts wicket gave India the upper had given that England had won the toss and decided to make first use of a decent batting track, but Root and Moeens efforts turned things around for the tourists. Test Cricket: The Verdict November 9, 2016, 3:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Watch extended highlights from day one of the first Test from 2pm and 8pm on Sky Sports 2, with The Verdict following immediately afterwards at 3pm and 9pm. Also See: Scorecard Over-by-over Broad, by his team-mates Cricket videos China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen