we have guys who have gotten the job

in Allgemein 22.01.2019 12:52
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- The race was billed as the Bledisloe Cup of rowing, but in the end, the trans-Tasman showdown for gold between Australias Kim Brennan and New Zealands Emma Twigg never materialised.Brennan dominated from start to finish, painting Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas in brilliant green and gold, while Twigg was left trailing in her wake.Brennan saved Australian rowing here in Rio. Australia used to be a superpower, but after an absence of golds at London 2012 and just two silvers here heading into Saturday, the panic button was being readied. But then came along Brennan who stormed home.Campaign Number One, an initiative to establish Australia as the worlds best, will be launched after the Rio Games, but Brennans triumph here will give them a secure platform from which to inspire the next generation.Brennan, who chairs the Australia Olympic Committees Athletes Commission, is a reluctant hero, but lived up to her tag of favourite heading into the race and embraced the pressure.One of the dangers of our sport is around the dangers of where youll be or where you wont be, Brennan said. This sport has always been about getting the most out of yourself and being calm under pressure.The most pressure comes from myself because I know how much Ive put into this over the years.I was away from my husband for three-and-a-half months, and its really quite a selfish thing to do, and the pressure was partly because I wanted to make it feel worthwhile.You can walk away incredibly happy if you know youve given the best show of yourself, and Im so chuffed to have a gold medal.After winning bronze and silver in 2012 she established dominance in the single sculls -- the last time she failed to win a race before she got to Rio was in 2014, with Twigg taking that one.But it wasnt straightforward from the start in Rio. She struggled in the first heat amid the windy conditions and choppy waters but found her stride in the semifinals where she faced Twigg.It was all geared up for a wonderful battle between the two in the final after Twigg challenged Brennan in the semis with a late sprint she hoped would give her Aussie rival and friend something to think about.But as Brennan looked up to Cristo Redentor and found a tranquility -- I just thought how bloody cool is this -- it was commanding from Brennan as she won by 1:38 ahead of USAs Genevra Stone with Twigg in fourth.I went into it with a technical focus, to sit up and keep the beat up a bit more, Brennan said. I was racing my race and that worked in my favour. When the crosswind kicked in, that makes it harder for people to sprint, so I just stayed calm in those closing stages.Competitiveness and sporting prowess is embedded in Brennans blood. Her father Max Crow played AFL for Essendon, St Kilda and Footscray, and she is married to Scott Brennan who, before today, won Australias last rowing gold in 2008.It was funny, she said. The song they played when I went to the podium was the song we played for our wedding dance, but it was just one of those moments where it just felt like it was meant to be.But I can stop feeling inadequate. My husband has a gold medal, so now were even.Its a bit ironic that sportspeople are held up as heroes. In reality were the lucky ones. Were living our dreams, so I want to be there for my family more and be a better support to the people around me.The bad news for Brennan is now she will have to find new things to visualise when she allows her mind to drift: the gold is proof that dreams do come true.Its one of those things where you do so much visualisation and you imagine that moment so many times, Brennan said. Just crossing the line I couldnt work out whether that was actually it or that was just my imagination again; I cant really believe it. Vente Nike Air Force 1 . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. Chaussure Air Force One Pas Cher . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. http://www.nikeairforce1france.fr/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Air Force 1 France Soldes . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. Nike Air Force 1 Soldes . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. LOS ANGELES -- San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy hopes a gut-check victory Tuesday will be the boost his club needs as it fights for its playoff life.The Giants buckled down for a pivotal, 2-0 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers, just one night after a ninth-inning meltdown in a 2-1 loss seemed to send the San Francisco into a freefall.Instead of finding themselves on the outside of the playoff picture looking in, the Giants (80-71) go into Wednesdays action tied with the New York Mets and St. Louis Cardinals in the National League wild-card race.They also pulled within five games of the Dodgers in the NL West. So a victory at Chavez Ravine would not only give San Francisco a win in the three-games series but would keep alive the teams hopes in the division, given the Giants host Los Angeles Sept. 30 to Oct. 2 in the final series of the season.Its going to be a dogfight the rest of the way, Bochy said after his team snapped a three-game losing streak. But tonight we grinded one out and got the job done, and thats a good start. Its the type of win you can build on, and we know we have guys who have gotten the job done before.If theyre going to build on that momentum, theyve got the right guy on the hill. Lefty Matt Moore carries an 11-11 record, but he has saved his best stuff for the stretch drive. Moore sports a 4-1 record in his past five starts. That included aa workmanlike effort in his last start on Friday against St.dddddddddddd Louis, in which he allowed two runs in five innings of an 8-2 San Francisco victory.Even better, he has found success against the Dodgers. Moore is 2-1 in three starts against them this season, holding them scoreless for 15 1/3 innings at one point.The Dodgers will counter with rookie sensation Kenta Maeda (15-9). The 28-year-old right-hander from Osaka, Japan, recorded his 15th win of the season in his last start, Sept. 16 at Arizona. In five innings, Maeda struck out six and allowed one run on three hits, getting the decision in Los Angeles 3-2 victory.The win put Maeda within two of the Dodgers rookie record set by Rick Sutcliffe in 1979, as he has really come into his own toward the end of the season. Maeda is 7-2 in his past 10 starts, over which he has limited batters to a .222 average while whiffing 53 and walking just 13.The Giants have found Maeda tough to solve; he has won both starts against San Francisco this year.The Dodgers have dropped two of the past three games, but they are still in the drivers seat, with a magic number of seven to clinch the division.Well just keep plugging away, manager Dave Roberts said. You cant let yourself get too high or too low. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen