ics star Aliya Mustafina figures everybod

in Allgemein 28.01.2019 11:47
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. -- Inbee Park set many golfing goals. Etching her name alongside Babe Zaharias was never one of them. Yet now theyre the only two players to win the first three majors of the year. Park became the first to accomplish the feat in the modern era Sunday with her second U.S. Womens Open title. "Trying to put my name next to hers means just so much," Park said. "I would think I would never get there; its somewhere that Ive never dreamed of. But all of a sudden, Im there." The worlds top-ranked player finished at 8 under to win by four strokes. Her 2-over 74 in the final round was more than enough, with Sebonacks trying conditions keeping any rivals from making a run. Only three players were under par for the tournament. Fellow South Korean I.K. Kim also shot 74 for her second runner-up finish at a major. Zaharias won the years first three majors in 1950 -- back when there were only three. Now there are five, so Grand Slam might not quite be the right term if Park wins all of them. Ahead by four strokes at the start of the round, Park birdied the ninth and 10th holes to extend her lead. She has won six times already this year, including three straight tournaments. Park added to another historic U.S. Womens Open victory in 2008, when she became the events youngest champion at age 19. "I didnt know what was going on at that time," Park said. "I played very good golf then, but I didnt know what I was playing for, and that was just my first win. It was a great championship then, but now I think I really appreciate more and I really know what this means." So Yeon Ryu shot 72 to finish third at 1 under. South Korean players took the top three spots and have won the last five majors. Ryu and Na Yeon Choi, the last two U.S. Womens Open champs, sprayed Park with champagne after she made her final putt on the 18th green. With lashing wind and devilish greens, Sebonack was a classically troublesome U.S. Womens Open course. And once Park built a lead, nobody could mount a charge. She certainly wasnt going to make enough mistakes to come back to the field. Park had just 10 bogeys and no double bogeys in four rounds. She predicted Saturday that shooting even par in the final round would be enough, and she sure was right. All of four players were under par Sunday -- though that was still more than the third round, when only Park achieved it. Kim birdied No. 2 to pull within three strokes; she couldnt claw closer. And when she bogeyed the fourth hole, the deficit was back to four shots. Park bogeyed the sixth and seventh, but so did Kim. Kim had what would have qualified as a sensational week if not for Park, finishing at least three strokes better than everyone but the player currently dominating the sport. "You can obviously feel for someone like I.K. Kim who would be winning any other U.S. Open on this golf course if it werent for Inbee," said seven-time major champion Karrie Webb. This was Kims fourth top-four finish at a U.S. Womens Open, but shes still seeking her first major title. She was a foot away last year at the Kraft Nabisco, then missed a short putt on No. 18 that would have clinched the championship and went on to lose in a playoff. Asked if she feels shes on the verge of a major breakthrough, Kim paused for a moment then said: "Yeah, to be honest, yeah, its time to win it." "But I think things have to come naturally," she added, "and its great to play with Inbee, and shes doing so well. Seeing her doing it, it just makes me want it more." Americans Paula Creamer (72) and Angela Stanford (74) and Englands Jodi Ewart Shadoff (76) tied for fourth at 1 over. Shadoff was alone in third at 3 under after the third round but opened Sunday with three straight bogeys. Soon-to-be Oklahoma State player Casie Cathrea shot 70 on Sunday to match Shanshan Feng for the best round of the day and finish as the low amateur at 9 over. Lydia Ko, the 16-year-old New Zealander who won the Canadian Open last August to become the youngest LPGA Tour winner, was next at 11 over. Maude-Aimee LeBlanc of Sherbrooke, Que., closed with an 80, to finish at 23 shots back at 15-over 303. Brooke Mackenzie Henderson of Smiths Falls, Ont., had a 77, to wind up at 307. Park also became the second player to win the U.S. Womens Open after victories in her previous two tournaments. Mickey Wright did it in 1964. The 24-year-old Park won the Kraft Nabisco and LPGA Championship for her first two major titles of the year. Up next is the Womens British Open at St. Andrews on Aug. 1-4. The Evian Championship is Sept. 12-15. Park won the French event last year before it became a major championship. Park contemplated the current definition of a Grand Slam. "So I think the British Open is one I have to win," she said. "So it would be great if I could win five, but I still think four means a Grand Slam. Laughing, she added: "I think four out of five is very big." Air Max 95 For Sale Cheap . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. Air Max 95 Clearance . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. http://www.airmax95cheap.us/cheap-air-max-95-black/ . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. Cheap Air Max 95 All Blue .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Cheap Air Max 95 White .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. RIO DE JANEIRO -- The nerves were there. Unmistakable. Unavoidable. Standing in the darkened tunnel before entering Rio Olympic Arena on Sunday night, the U.S. womens gymnastics team felt the pressure that comes not from outside expectations but those held within.Then the lights came on.And just like that, the young women in the glittery red-and-blue leotards national team coordinator Martha Karolyi has molded into a global force relaxed.And dominated.On bars. On beam. On vault and floor too. Their not-a-typo score of 185.238 was nearly 10 points better than second-place China through four of the five subdivisions, a preposterous gap in a sport where the difference between first and second is measured in fractions.Its never 100 percent perfect but I think we showed that our gymnastics is of the highest level, Karolyi said.One no opponent is close to reaching. If the U.S. had swapped out its highest score on each event with its lowest, it would still be up by six points.Three-time world champion Simone Biles led the way. Her score of 62.366 was well clear of teammate Aly Raisman. So much for the butterflies in her stomach.I do a very good job at hiding it, Biles said. The team, we just calm it down.Consider it a luxury of being so far beyond the rest of the planet. All five women earned a spot in either the all-around or event finals, or in the case of Biles and Raisman, both.Raisman, a three-time Olympic medalist four years ago, grabbed the second spot in the individual all-around for the Americans by edging reigning Olympic champion Gabby Douglas thanks in part to what Raisman called the best bar routine of my life.Rules limit each country to two gymnasts per event in the all-around and event finals, meaning even though Douglas was third overall, shell miss out on a chance to defend the crown she won in London. Not that she was moping. When Raisman drilled her dismount on beam, Douglas rose from her chair and gave her a hug.A controversial selection to the five-woman team after a so-so performance at Olympic trials, Douglas validated Karolyis choice with steady performances all over, including a bars set that earned her a spot in the individual finals.She said `I believe in you, and you can go out and do it, Douglas said. At the end of the day that means so much ... beccause shes very precise.dddddddddddd It feels good.The top eight teams in qualifying move on to Tuesdays team final, where the U.S. is expected to repeat the gold it won easily in London and give it to Karolyi as a retirement present. Karolyi is stepping away after the games, though shes hardly in a hurry to get there. There are still a few more lessons to teach.My expectations are higher for you than anyone elses, she said. What Im trying to do is get the most out of every single person.No wonder Russian gymnastics star Aliya Mustafina figures everybody is playing for silver.Its going to be really difficult to compete against the American team, Mustafina said through a translator after the Russians survived a sometimes shaky qualifying session. They are unbeatable at the moment.China and Russia both struggled at times on Sunday, beset by mistakes they cant afford to make if they want to make the team finals anything more than a coronation. While each have their strengths, the truth is the U.S. has few weaknesses. The margin for error will be thinner in the three-up, three-count final. Yet after the U.S. went 16 for 16 during an occasionally showstopping 90 minutes, they hardly seem overburdened by the stakes.I think all of our hard work was just to show the world, said Madison Kocian, who put up the top score on uneven bars. I mean were 10 points ahead.Something thats not supposed to happen.Good luck world. Its up to China, Russia, Great Britain, Brazil, Germany, Japan and the Netherlands to knock the Americans off their throne. How difficult will it be? Consider this: the margin between the U.S. and the Chinese on Sunday was greater than the margin between China and 12th-place Belgium.Romania failed to qualify for the Olympics as a team for the first time in more than 40 years but will have an event finalist after Catalina Ponor finished in the top eight on beam. Uzbekistans Oksana Chusovitina, competing in her record seventh Olympics, reached the vault final after finishing fifth in qualifying.The 41-year-old played coy when asked by her 17-year-old son Alisher if this is her last go-around.Wait and see honey, Chusovitina said with a laugh. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen