You dont want to be surprised

in Allgemein 12.02.2019 06:42
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

TORONTO -- The Baltimore Orioles were enraged after a fan threw a beer can onto the field as outfielder Hyun Soo Kim caught the final out in the seventh inning of the?Blue Jays?5-2 win in the American League wild-card game at Rogers Centre on Tuesday.As Kim settled under a fly ball off the bat of Melvin Upton Jr., the can sailed past him and landed on the turf. Baltimore center fielder Adam Jones angrily pointed into the stands and yelled into the crowd.Baltimore manager Buck Showalter emerged from the dugout and walked all the way to left field to register his displeasure with the umpiring crew before returning to the dugout.?Said Jones: Someone threw a beer down at my player. Thats about as pathetic as it gets between the lines. You dont do that. I dont care how passionate you think you are. Yell, cuss, scream, tell us were horrible. We get that. Were the opposition. We completely understand that. To throw something at a player, thats as pathetic as it gets.Blue Jays spokesman Erik Grosman said the fan was not ejected because he took off before police had a chance to get to him. Police are investigating.On Wednesday, the Toronto police tweeted about the incident, asking the fan to turn himself in.Something like that should never happen. Its the first time for me and hopefully the last, Kim said through an interpreter.Showalter said he just wanted the person identified and thrown out.Its tough when you have many people in the ballpark and one person does something that reflects poorly on all of them, he said. Were fortunate and lucky that somebody didnt get hit.Jones also said the abusive fan should be punished.I hope they find the guy and press charges, he said. [Kim] wasnt looking, and you can hit him in the back of the head and you never know what could happen. Thats a full beer being thrown. Thats not part of the sport. To put us in harms way when all were doing is focusing on the game, thats not part of baseball. Throw an octopus. Throw hats. Do something like that.Jones also appeared to confirm a report that racial and ethnic slurs were hurled at him and Kim from the Rogers Centre stands, but he said he wasnt concerned about verbal assaults.Ive heard that so much while playing baseball, I dont even care, Jones said. Call me what you want.We hear everything -- people cussing you and flipping you off. I get it. Thats fine. Were here to play baseball, nothing more, nothing less. And to put us in harms way just isnt part of the game. Its not part of any sport.Orioles catcher Matt Wieters watched the incident play out from behind the plate and agreed with Jones that the fan in question should be punished for his actions.Its a shame some idiot would decide to do that, Wieters said. Theres no point in having a guy like that in the stands. I hope some sort of charges are pressed against the guy, because that was close to doing some damage.Blue Jays fans tossed bottles and debris on the field during Game 5 of last seasons AL Division Series against the?Texas Rangers. The fans were upset by the call that let Rougned Odor score from third after catcher Russell Martins throw back to the mound deflected off Shin-Soo Choos bat.A Blue Jays fan threw a drink at Orioles outfielder Nate McLouth during a game at Rogers Centre in May 2013.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Filipe-Luis-Jersey/ . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Antoine-Griezmann-Jersey/ . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Saul-Niguez-Jersey/ . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Koke-Jersey/ . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Vitolo-Jersey/ . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. STANFORD, Calif. -- Erica McCall is approaching her Stanford teammates with a bit more care and thought these days.The Cardinal womens basketball team went through a communication workshop to improve conversation on and off the court, one of several activities planned by Hall of Fame coach Tara VanDerveer to develop chemistry and a close-knit group.The biggest takeaway I got from it was talking to teammates individually and how I can approach them, said McCall, a senior forward. I know that not every teammate is the same, so its just finding the right balance of how Im going to approach them. Some of them you might have to have a different tone of how you approach them.From stand-up paddleboarding outings on the Palouse at Washington State to Arizonas players cooking meals together with a chef in an out-of-the-way cabin, coaches around the Pac-12 Conference are finding unique ways to build strong bonds through creative team-building ideas for their women.June Daughertys Washington State team has players representing seven different countries. Along with paddleboarding on the Snake River, the Cougars took a retreat to Coeur dAlene in Idaho and recently went through a cooking lesson with their team sports nutritionist.California coach Lindsay Gottlieb holds periodic Lessons With Geezy, when the Golden Bears discuss anything from financial planning to world events and social issues, or go over chapters from a leadership book. Last Saturday, they focused on family, complete with a slideshow featuring baby pictures of players, coaches and staff -- and Gottlieb surprised them at the end by announcing her pregnancy .She always makes sure players are aware of things going on outside of our gym, new assistant Wendale Farrow said. Its nice to have a boss so invested in her players and staff.In Tucson, Arizona is getting creative under first-year coach and former star Adia Barnes, who recently showed an outdoor movie at her house and players paired up to bring one dish they had cooked before everyone made Smores at the fire pit. Dejza James, whose mother is Indian, made traditional samosas.The Wildcats have gone 14-76 in Pac-12 play the past five seasons and finished the 2015-16 conference schedule by losing 11 of 12.Im trying to give us more time together, Barnes said. Its been really important and useful for this group. This group hasnt had that much success and they havent been super confident, so whatever I can do to build them up, thats important to me.VanDerveer is constantly evolving and finding new ways to push herself and do her job well depending on the makeup of her team. Her Cardinal, picked to finish second in the Pac-12 behind UCLA , were preparing for Cal Poly to open the season Friday.VanDerveer gave a book to each player and they in return gifted her with some new reading material.One day in mid-September, the Cardinal spent just more than an hour in Championship Communication with Betsy Buttterick to develop communication techniques and understand how a teammate might react to a certain approach from another.dddddddddddd They later held a goal-setting meeting.We did a really fun and a great beneficial communication workshop, VanDerveer said. This team has been just great. You just feel were on the same page. You dont want surprises. You dont want to be surprised -- `whats everyone doing? -- I like to practice everything. We practice everything. How were going to warm up. How were going to come out of a game. Theres the anthem. We have freshmen, they forget to check in at the table. Were going to go over everything.On one Fun Friday, Stanford played water polo. The Cardinal had a conversation with football coach David Shaw and former Stanford dean Julie Lythcott-Haims, who wrote How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success. Stanford did a Skype session with author Jon Gordon, who wrote The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy.A rock climbing course was in the works. On Thursday, three-time Olympic volleyball champion and current U.S. womens coach Karch Kiraly -- who has done his own communication exercises with the Americans through peer evaluations -- spoke to the team before he worked TV for the USC-Stanford volleyball match at Maples Pavilion.You just have to tune in to what this group of student-athletes needs, VanDerveer said.After the session with Butterick , players emailed her one communication element they wanted to work on and Butterick responded. Shes a former Stanford camper and camp coach, and intern with the Cardinal who has worked as an assistant elsewhere. Now, she wants to help coaches be at their best for their teams.For McCall -- nicknamed Bird -- Butterick suggested a sit-down chat with teammates that focuses on their personal goals and what it takes to reach them -- including reminders along the way to stay accountable, such as, Whats the best way for you to work hard? McCall said.Im really excited about how I want to use those tips leading into the season, she said.At Washington State in rural Pullman, Daugherty has players from Australia, Bulgaria, France, Greece, Macedonia, Portugal and Serbia. Communication is so crucial, and many of the women attend summer school to get a head start.In the offseason we have a little more time with them outside of basketball, Daugherty said. There are so many neat things to see around our area and its great to be able to experience that with these young people. Its important were an open, communicative staff and that were good listeners. ... Its a task to kind of bring all these cultures together. The more were available for them and they know were available for them for more than just basketball, all the better. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen