DENVER -- Don Mattingly knows this wont be the last time he jogs out to right field to check on his rookie phenom. [url=http://w

in Anregungen für Homepage 06.03.2019 06:17
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

DENVER -- Don Mattingly knows this wont be the last time he jogs out to right field to check on his rookie phenom. Air Jordan 5 Wholesale . The Los Angeles Dodgers manager was cautioned well in advance that Yasiel Puig has one speed -- all out. Puigs simply going to run into things, including fences. Hanley Ramirez had four hits, including a solo homer in the ninth, to help the Dodgers hold off the Colorado Rockies 10-8 Wednesday night in a game Puig left early with a bruised left hip after his leaping catch in right field. "He just plays like that," Mattingly said. "They kind of warned us coming up he plays like that and hes going to get hurt." Puig reached up to rob Nolan Arenado of a hit in the fifth, only to smack his hip on a padded column below the scoreboard in right. Puig stayed down on the warning track for several minutes before jogging around the outfield and remaining in the game. The next inning, Puig drove in a run with a sacrifice fly before being taken out when the Dodgers made a double switch. Puig, who was just named the NL player of the month, finished 1 for 3 with a double. Team officials said a precautionary X-ray was negative and hes listed as day-to-day. "I think hell be able to play but well see," Mattingly said. Puig has been sensational since being called up on June 3, hitting .440 this season with eight homers. And when he fell to the dirt, Dodger fans held their breath. Matt Kemp quickly rushed over to check on him, along with Ramirez and Adrian Gonzalez. Mattingly also jogged out to the outfield to see how Puig was feeling. Earlier in the day, Puig won the National League player and rookie of the month awards. It was hardly even a contest after he hit .436 in June. His 44 hits were a Dodgers rookie record for a month. "Now, its getting to be where you kind of expect him to do something all the time," Mattingly said. Juan Uribe, Gonzalez and Kemp added homers for the Dodgers, who have won 10 of their last 11 games to climb back into the thick of the NL West race. Zack Greinke (6-2) struggled on the mound but still earned his third straight win. He gave up five runs in five innings and tied a career high with seven walks. "I felt I did as good as I could do today," Greinke said. "Its not very good, but thats how bad it was. We played well. Tough game but we pulled it out." Reliever Paco Rodriguez pitched 1 1-3 scoreless innings to set up Kenley Jansen, who recorded the final four outs to pick up his eighth save in 11 chances. Jansen got pinch-hitter Tyler Colvin to pop up to end the game in front of a sellout crowd waiting to see the fireworks. Tyler Chatwood (4-2) never found his grove, surrendering a season-high six runs, five earned, and 11 hits in five innings. Chatwood entered the game with a 2-0 mark at Coors Field, with a 3.14 ERA. "He didnt get away with much," manager Walt Weiss said of his starter. "I didnt think Chat threw that bad. I thought he threw the ball all right. "I think right now theyre a tough lineup to get through." With the Dodgers leading 8-7 heading into the ninth, Ramirez and Kemp hit homers to give them some breathing room. The Dodgers would need the insurance runs as Arenado had an RBI single to drive in Wilin Rosario after the catcher led off the ninth with a walk. Every starter in the Dodgers lineup had at least a hit, with Ramirez extending his hitting streak to 14 games on a single in the first. "Hanleys just a beast," Mattingly said. "He seems to be on a mission this year. He had a rough start to the year being hurt, but hes been focused all year." A day after Michael Cuddyer had his 27-game hitting streak snapped, the outfielder singled in his first at-bat and later drove in a run by drawing a bases-loaded walk. Carlos Gonzalez added a solo homer off Greinke in the first inning. The Rockies couldnt hold an early 4-1 lead against a hot-hitting Dodgers team that had 17 hits. "Every team goes through those good runs. Every team goes through a downward turn," said Cuddyer, who got a haircut with his long streak over. "The good ones go through the good runs a couple of times over the course of the season. Theyre on a good run right now, playing really well, hitting the ball really well." NOTES: After a rehab stint with Single-A Rancho Cucamonga, Dodgers OF Carl Crawford (strained left hamstring) could rejoin the team in San Francisco for the weekend series. ... Rockies OF Dexter Fowler (bruised right hand) is hoping he will be ready to go when hes eligible to come off the disabled list on July 11. "We dont want it lingering on the rest of the year," Fowler said. ... Weiss said SS Troy Tulowitzki (broken rib) is progressing, but hasnt started hitting live pitching yet. Cheap Air Jordan 5 . Saltalamacchia has agreed to a $21 million, three-year deal with the Miami Marlins, two people familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday. Jordan 5 Retro Cheap . 9 Baylor Bears just needed some time to get on track in their first game after the Christmas break. http://www.cheapairjordan5.net/ .75 million contract for the 2014 season and avoided arbitration. The team announced the agreement on Tuesday.PHOENIX -- Cornerback Patrick Peterson says hes confident he will get a new contract with the Arizona Cardinals. He just doesnt know when. The Cardinals and his agent are in the early stages of negotiations, Peterson said, with no timetable on reaching an agreement. One thing for sure -- it will be a big deal. Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman just signed a four-year, $57 million contract with $40 million guaranteed. Peterson, a two-time All-Pro selection who has made the Pro Bowl in each of his three seasons in the NFL, wouldnt say whether his contract should be bigger than Shermans. But Peterson said he "kind of" had a smile on his face when he saw the terms of Shermans deal. He spoke Monday to announce a drive by his Patrick Peterson Foundation for Success to provide help to low-income and inner-city youth to have the resources they need to succeed. The foundations goal is to help 30,000 at-risk Arizona youth by 2015. A fundraising event, with his teammates serving at a local restaurant, is set for June 9. Peterson said that from the moment he became a professional football player, he decided his charity work would be aimed at helping children. Peterson congratulated Sherman on his contract and said the cornerback position has become a valuable one. "I think cornerbacks are definitely worth the dollars that they get because now this league is a passing league," he said. "You need that shutdown corner to lock down one side of the field, or like myself, go out there the entire field." Rather than play one side on defence, Peterson goes from side to side to defend the opponents best receiver. His skill and worth to the team may well drive his contract higher than Shermmans. Jordan 5 Cheap Real. The Cardinals just picked up the option on Peterson for 2015, and hes not sure any deal will get done before the coming season. He knows the Cardinals are eager to keep him, though. "I think Ill be here for a while," Peterson said. "Thats a definite guarantee, Ill be here for a while." Coach Bruce Arians has said he wants to ease up on Petersons punt-return duties, and there is less chance he will be used on offence. Peterson tied an NFL record by returning four punts for touchdowns as a rookie but has not done it since. He said hes "cool" with Arians moves. "At the end of the day, I believe coach wants to put me in the best position that he can to keep me healthy, for one, and be successful," Peterson said. "Teams are starting to game-plan against me. Youve got teams kicking it to the sidelines, not kicking it as deep as they did the week before." Peterson likes the look of the secondary with the addition of cornerback Antonio Cromartie and last weeks selection of hard-hitting safety Deone Bucannon from Washington State, in the first round of the draft. Tyrann Mathieu, coming off knee surgery, is expected to fill the other safety spot with Rashad Johnson adding depth to the position. Peterson said he believes Cromartie "has a lot left in his tank." "You hear a lot of talk Oh, can he stay healthy? Is his hip going to be OK?" Peterson said. "But talking to him he says this is the best hes felt since he first entered the NFL." Bucannons addition drew a rave review from the star cornerback. "Im excited to see him fly around and knock off some chin straps -- legally," Peterson said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen