ROME - Canadian Milos Raonic defeated Italys Simone Bolelli 6-3, 7-6 (5) in second-round play Tuesday at the Italian Open. [url=

in Anregungen für Homepage 07.03.2019 05:00
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

ROME - Canadian Milos Raonic defeated Italys Simone Bolelli 6-3, 7-6 (5) in second-round play Tuesday at the Italian Open. Cheap Air Jordan Shoes Online . Raonic, the No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., had 18 aces in the match. He needed one hour 39 minutes to complete the victory. Also Tuesday, Novak Djokovic marked his return from a right wrist injury by beating Czech veteran Radek Stepanek 6-3, 7-5, while Italian hope Andreas Seppi complained about a decisive time violation in a loss to Tommy Haas. With both new coach Boris Becker and longtime adviser Marian Vajda on hand, Djokovic showed no signs of pain after withdrawing from last weeks Madrid Open. The second-ranked Serbs only trouble came as he attempted to close the match out, dropping his serve twice late in the second set before eventually finishing it off. "I expected to be a little bit rusty on the court, the conditions didnt help, but generally it was a good win," Djokovic said, alluding to the swirling wind inside the Foro Italico stadium. "Im happy with that and hope to elevate my performance in the next one." Djokovic, a two-time Rome champion, committed just nine unforced errors to Stepaneks 27. It was a sharp contrast from Djokovics last match, when he lost to Roger Federer in the Monte Carlo Masters semifinals last month, when he had his wrist heavily strapped and was unable to serve or return at his usual level. Also advancing was Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka, who routed Spanish qualifier Pere Riba 6-0, 6-3. In first-round action, the 15th-seeded Haas overcame Seppi 6-1, 4-6, 6-3. The 34th-ranked Seppi couldnt believe it when he received his second time violation while serving at 3-3, 30-40 in the third set, following his first serve. The second violation results in a serve being taken away, which meant a double fault for Seppi and he then went on to lose the final three games. "Ive never received a time violation in my life," he said. "I was just waiting because the fans were making a bit of noise. ... Its scandalous. ... And the first one was for nothing, too. (Haas) hit a drop shot and I had to walk back to get the balls. It was really uncalled for." In first-round womens play, Italian wild-card entry Camila Giorgi upset ninth-seeded Dominika Cibulkova 6-4, 7-6 (2) in a match delayed briefly due to rain; 10th-seeded Sara Errani of Italy eliminated Chanelle Scheepers of South Africa 7-5, 6-3; and 13th-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro eased past Mona Barthel 6-2, 6-2. There was also an upset in the second round, as Petra Cetkovska of the Czech Republic rallied past seventh-seeded Angelique Kerber 4-6, 6-3, 6-4. The 22-year-old Giorgi, who reached the round of 16 at the U.S. Open last year as a qualifier, showed off her attacking game, stepping into the court to whip winners into the corners at every opportunity. Making her Rome main-draw debut, Giorgi had loud support on the picturesque Pietrangeli court, which is lined with neo-classical statues. "The pressure is positive. Its great that the fans come to see you," Giorgi said. "Playing at home happens only once per year." This tournament is the last key clay-court warmup before the French Open, which starts in two weeks. Seven-time champion Rafael Nadal, Federer and womens title-holder Serena Williams open play Wednesday. ___ Follow Andrew Dampf at http://twitter.com/asdampf Air Jordan China Wholesale .ca contributor Grant McCagg provides a look at some risers and fallers on the prospect watch. Cheap Air Jordans Wholesale .C. - The Panthers will be without starting defensive tackle Star Lotulelei for Saturday nights NFC divisional playoff game against Seattle after undergoing surgery Wednesday to repair a broken bone in his foot. http://www.cheapairjordan.net/ . The 30-year-old Moore played in 13 games for the Saints last season, catching 37 balls for 457 yards and two touchdowns.PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Even without Tiger Woods around, Sergio Garcia couldnt avoid reminders of a week to forget at The Players Championship. The 17th hole is where Garcia last year lost the battle, along with the war of words. After two days of verbal sparring with Woods, the Spaniard put two balls in the water to make quadruple bogey, and he put another in the water on the 18th for good measure. Garcia already was 4 under on Thursday when he came to the par-3 17th with an island green. "It did cross my mind. Im not going to lie to you," Garcia said. "I was trying to be positive. Its a new year -- lets improve on it. I pulled it a little bit there, but it was an OK shot. I was able to do much better there, and much better on 18, so I was very happy to see that." Garcia was six shots better than the last time he played those holes. He wound up with a 5-under 67 and was four shots behind leader Martin Kaymer, a good start for a past champion who has shown he can manage his way around the Stadium Course. As for those other memories? Garcia has put those behind him. Much like his golf shots, hes looking forward. Woods won The Players last year in a tournament marked by a weekend of squabbling with Garcia -- such public feuds are rare in golf -- that ended badly a few weeks later in London when Garcia made a racially insensitive comment about Woods while trying to be funny. It started in the third round, when Garcia blamed Woods for pulling fairway metal from his bag on a par 5 to stir up the gallery just as Garcia was trying to play his shot. Video doesnt support that sequence of events, but it set off a weekend of bickering -- and Woods got the last word by winning. "I think its over. I think its passed," Garcia said. "I didnt think I was a villain, but I think that weve all moved ahead of that. I certainly have. Im just looking forward to now and hopefully whats coming soon." Garcia says he is in a happier place, and it shows. He conducted a clinic for kids on Wednesday, and he is at his best in the presence of children. He played beautifully on Thursday, losinng momentum with one bogey on his 14th hole, but no less satisfied with a 67. Cheap Air Jordan Shoes For Sale. Even so, he conceded his battle with Woods last year unsettled him. He was at an awards banquet in London when asked if he would invite Woods over to dinner during the U.S. Open. "We will serve fried chicken," Garcia replied. He apologized twice, though it didnt quell the criticism that followed him the rest of the summer. Garcia spoke of the ups and downs in his career, of trying to play good golf when he feels miserable. Garcia went into a deep funk when longtime girlfriend Morgan Leigh Norman left him. He said after a poor third round in the 2012 Masters that he did not have the game to win a major. "You go through ups and downs in your life, in your career," Garcia said. "And Ive had really, really good times; really, really happy times. And then Ive had times that were a little bit more down. I think it happens to all of us. Youve got to try to enjoy those good times as much as possible and learn from the tough ones and hopefully make them as short as possible. I think at the end of the day, thats all you can really do." He said the last four years have been "pretty good," but not always. "I dont know, probably (what) comes to mind maybe last year is when everything went on with the little problem with Tiger," he said. "I think that was tough." Lately, he is on an upward swing. Garcia won in Thailand late last year. He won in Qatar at the start of this year. He is No. 9 in the world. He is thinking positively. And it probably doesnt hurt that Woods is sidelined indefinitely while recovering from back surgery. And yes, at 34, he believes hes good enough to win a major. "I think that when Im on, I can definitely win anywhere," he said. "I think Ive proven that. Its just a matter of getting that week where you feel good, where you feel comfortable, where things go your way, where everything feels relaxed, everything feels at ease and you manage to do things the way you know how to do them. Im still waiting for that particular week." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen