long way to go for him but the way he has played in

in Allgemein 14.03.2019 15:49
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- When Lance Lynn began to struggle with his control, the Houston Astros made the most of the opportunity. Erik Bedard pitched six effective innings and the Astros used a four-run fourth to beat the St. Louis Cardinals 4-3 on Wednesday night. "That was huge for us to capitalize on that inning and really maximize that situation," said Jason Castro, who singled and scored in the rally. Bedard (3-3) allowed seven hits and walked one, but limited St. Louis to three runs. Josh Fields, Wesley Wright and Jose Cisnero then combined to pitch two hitless innings before Jose Veras worked the ninth for his 16th save. Veras yielded a one-out single to Jon Jay and then walked Matt Adams, but pinch hitter Daniel Descalso struck out and Matt Carpenter flied out to end the game. "They did a tremendous job," Houston manager Bo Porter said of his relievers. "Veras ran into a little bit of trouble but was able to make the necessary pitches in the ninth to get out of it and close it out." Allen Craig homered for the second straight night and Yadier Molina had a two-run shot for the Cardinals, who lost for the fourth time in five games. They dropped into a tie with surging Pittsburgh for the lead in the NL Central. Lynn (10-2) allowed five hits, walked four and struck out four over 7 2-3 innings for his first loss in four career starts in Houston. Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said it looked as if Lynn lost his rhythm in the fourth. "It wasnt a good inning," Lynn said. "The hits werent the problem -- it was the walks. When you walk people, you get yourself in trouble, and thats what happened. I just didnt throw strikes." Molina and Craig helped the Cardinals get off to a nice start. Molina followed Carpenters leadoff single in the first with a drive to the Crawford Boxes in left field for his sixth homer. Craig had a leadoff drive in the fourth that bounced off the lights atop the wall in left field, extending the lead to 3-0. But Houston responded in the bottom half. Jose Altuve and Castro got it started with back-to-back singles for the Astros first hits of the game. Lynn then walked Chris Carter on four pitches to load the bases before sending a run home when he also walked Carlos Pena on four pitches. Carter leads the majors with 108 strikeouts this season, but Porter was impressed with his patience in the big inning. "His at-bats have gotten extremely disciplined from a standpoint of hes attacking the pitches that he should attack -- not expanding (the zone) as often as he was earlier in the year, and hes putting together some really good at-bats," Porter said. Castro came home when J.D. Martinez grounded into a fielders choice, and Brett Wallace then hit a tying RBI single. After another fielders choice, Brandon Barnes singled in Wallace to give Houston the lead for good. The Astros threatened again in the fifth, putting two runners on with two out, but Lynn retired Martinez to end the inning. That was the first of eight straight batters retired by Lynn, who began the day with a 3-0 record and a 2.00 ERA in three games in Houston. Fields retired the first two St. Louis batters in the seventh before left-hander Wright struck out Carpenter. Cisnero faced the heart of the Cardinals order in the eighth. He got Molina on a groundout before walking Carlos Beltran. He then struck out Craig and Matt Holliday to finish the inning. "That was one of those situations where he pretty much just bulled his neck and said: Im going to throw my best against anybody that steps in the box, and he was able to get it done," Porter said of Cisnero. "I felt like his fastball had really good life, and he actually pumped it up the last couple at 95." NOTES: Molina played first base for the second time in his career and the first since 2008. Matheny said Molina could "probably play just about anywhere on the infield." He said playing him at first base is a good way to give his legs a rest. "Hes caught more innings than any other catcher," Matheny said. "His body has been able to handle it so far, but its going to be a tough task. Were not trying to set any records here, were just reading his body and days like this are going to be able to keep one of the top bats in baseball in the lineup while not beating him up behind the plate." ... Both teams are off Thursday. Houston then begins a series with the Angels and St. Louis starts one at Oakland. ... The Cardinals activated RHP Fernando Salas (right shoulder) from the 15-day disabled list and optioned him to Triple-A Memphis. ... Houston RF Justin Maxwell, who got a mild concussion when he hit his head on the ground attempting to make a diving catch on Tuesday, passed his concussion tests on Wednesday. He should be ready to play when the Astros start their series with the Angels Friday. ... Houston RHP Ross Seaton cleared waivers and was outrighted to Double-A Corpus Christi. LHP Wade LeBlanc also cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple-A Oklahoma City. Authentic Siran Neal Jersey . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing room for a celebration nine seasons in the making. Authentic Wyatt Teller Jersey . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. http://www.cheapbillsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-tremaine-edmunds-jersey . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. Authentic Josh Allen Jersey . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. Authentic Ray-Ray McCloud Jersey . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. India captain MS Dhoni said he had guessed correctly that the final delivery from Dwayne Bravo would be a slower ball but his execution of the shot let him down. With two runs needed off one ball, Dhoni was caught at short third man and West Indies won the first T20 international by the narrowest of margins.Dhoni said his team should be commended for their valiant chase in the highest-scoring T20 game ever. I feel there were plenty of positives in this game because the way we chased down 245 runs, apart from the last ball, he said after the match. I felt we were totally in the game. Even the last ball, the thinking was right, the execution was wrong.A cat-and-mouse game that had been developing over the course of the final six balls reached a new level as Bravo engaged in several discussions, stalling for several minutes ahead of the last ball, with two required by Dhoni to secure what would have been a record chase. Even though Dhoni said he knew what was going to be sent down, he praised Bravos skills in such a pressure moment.When it comes to Bravo, I feel in the current scenario hes among the best when it comes to the death bowling, Dhoni said. The amount of experience that he has really counts so you always know if hes bowling its tough. What then becomes important is how were executing.You have to really guess what hes looking to bowl and according to that you play your shots. So if you guess the bowler well and execute well, youll end up winning. Rather than thinking who is bowling, whats important is to think what his strength is and where hell look to pitch the next delivery.Despite India conceding the third highest total in a T20I, Dhoni praised his bowlers for their effort to reel West Indies back in after Johnson Charles and Evin Lewis added 126 for the first wicket in 9.3 overs. By the end of the 11th over - a 32-run sequence in which Lewis struck the first five legal deliveries from Stuart Binny for six before mis-hitting a full toss - West Indies were 164 for 1.Dhoni said he thought West Indies were on track for 270 or more before R Ashwin started to shift momentum with a four-run 12th over, bowling with the breeze at his back.The wind from the pavilion end helped the spinners throughout the rest of the innings, and Ashwin and RRavindra Jadeja conceded just 18 runs in the 12th, 14th and 16th overs.dddddddddddd Indias pace bowlers also began nailing their yorkers and the result was just 40 runs off the final four overs to keep West Indies to 245.I felt the way the boys performed overall was very good, Dhoni said. I was very happy how we brought the opposition down when it came to the last eight overs. That really matters because that is something where we have struggled quite consistently but it was a good exposure to our bowlers and they finished up well to restrict them to 245.Dhoni also praised the batting efforts of KL Rahul, who struck his maiden T20I century in just his fourth match. Rahul ended 110 not out off 51 balls, having missed the fastest T20I ton by two deliveries, taking 46 balls to reach three figures.He has been very consistent, Dhoni said. I feel that is a strength of Rahul also, compact player but at the same time unorthodox shots. He plays all over the ground, over covers, mid off, mid on. So a complete cricketer. Of course theres a long way to go for him but the way he has played in the last six months, its very encouraging to see him bat.As for the experience of playing in Florida in front of a heavily partisan Indian diaspora, Dhoni joked that even if were playing in Bermuda Triangle, theyll be there. He also praised the efforts put in by the groundstaff at the Central Broward Regional Park in Lauderhill.The facility is as good as anywhere else, Dhoni said. The ground itself is up to international standard. You cant score 500 runs on a bad wicket, so fantastic wicket. The practice wickets were fantastic. When it comes to the stadium, its not a big stadium. The moment I say stadium I mean the number of fans it can house. I think its close to 15,000. So overall looking at everything as a complete package, I think it was fantastic. We had fun.When it comes to the Indian fans, its a pleasure playing in front of them. They follow us everywhere wherever we are playing. So its a first time we are playing in the USA but not to forget we have a big Indian community out here so thanks to them for coming and watching the game. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen