I didnt have to cover it up.

in Allgemein 15.05.2019 16:35
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

NORMAL, Ill. -- Deontae Hawkins knocked down five 3-pointers and finished with 24 points and seven boards as Illinois State beat Indiana-Purdue-Fort Wayne in its home opener, 75-57 on Wednesday night.Hawkins hit 9 of 15 from the field, including 5 of 7 from distance ln leading the Redbirds. MiKyle McIntosh contributed 13 points.Illinois State raced to a 19-2 lead to start the game and held a 41-24 advantage at intermission.Fort Wayne got within nine points, 53-44 with 12:39 left in the game after John Konchar tipped in an offensive rebound, but the Redbirds scored the next five points to push their lead back to double digits.Mo Evans knocked down five 3-pointers to lead Fort Wayne with 19 points. Konchar added 12 points and grabbed seven rebounds.Illinois State (1-1) is picked to finish second in the Missouri Valley Conference; Fort Wayne (1-2) is the preseason favorite to win the Summit League. China Shoes Sale . Speaking to the Chicago Tribune at baseballs Winter Meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, Boras called the former home of the Expos a "tremendous environment" for baseball. Cheap Nike Shoes China . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds. http://www.cheapshoeschinaonline.com/ . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. Clearance Shoes China . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. Cheap Shoes From China Fast Shipping . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. CHASKA, Minn. -- Give Phil Mickelson credit for being prepared for a Ryder Cup that has his fingerprints all over it.He tees off Friday morning secure in the knowledge that this is his team, even if the official title of captain belongs to Davis Love III. Hes paired with his choice of partners, and doesnt have to worry about Tiger Woods stealing any of the credit for what he surely believes will be the biggest U.S. win ever.Just to make sure he hasnt forgotten anything, Mickelson went over his list of things to do while waiting for play to actually begin:- Welcome rookies with tales of Ryder Cup failures of the past. Check.- Give out gift of dog tags to teammates to signify just how important this is. Check.- Make sure the pingpong table in the team room has extra balls. Check.- Publicly trash former captain Hal Sutton for a Ryder Cup debacle from 12 years ago. Double check.Its been a busy week for Mickelson, who shoulders the burden of being both the leader of the Ryder Cup team and the smartest guy in golf. With all thats been going on, its amazing hes even had time to practice.Still, everything finally seems to be like Phil wants it as he tees off in his 11th Ryder Cup.Hes playing a ball he likes. Hes playing clubs he likes. Hes playing with whom he likes.Not having to answer to any captain? Well, that he really likes.That wasnt the case two years ago when Mickelson publicly grumbled about how bad a captain Tom Watson was. It certainly wasnt the case 12 years ago when Mickelson and Woods were put together in a dramatic pairing by Sutton.Mickelson took it upon himself Wednesday to dredge up the past failure, complaining that Sutton didnt give him enough time to get used to Woods and a different golf ball in the alternate-shot foursomes format. For reasons unknown to anyone but Lefty, he tossed Sutton under the bus without being prompted.It all starts with the captain. I mean, thats the guy that has to bring together 12 strong individuals and bring out their best and allow them on a platform to play their best, Mickelson said. Thats the whole foundation of the team. I understand and I hear, `Well, guys just need to play better or they just need to putt better. Absolutely you do. But you play how you prepare.Mickelsons preparations apparentlly havent been that great during much of his Ryder Cup career.dddddddddddd Hes played on only two winning teams since 1995, and has an overall record of 16-19-6.Hes the leader of this Ryder Cup team only through longevity and the force of his own personality. Still, he seems sure that only he understands the key to getting 12 players to work together over three days to win back the Ryder Cup.When you look back on what the difference is, when players are put in a position to succeed, more often than not they tend to succeed, Mickelson said. And when they are put in positions to fail, most of the time they tend to fail.Mickelson backed off a bit Thursday, saying he didnt mean to disparage Sutton like he did. But words hurt, and Sutton was taken aback when told what Mickelson said.Making it worse was that Sutton is here as part of a U.S. plan to bring former Ryder Cup captains together to foster some camaraderie for a team that has won only two of the last 10 Ryder Cups.My God, somebodys got to be the fall guy, Sutton told Golfweek magazine. If it needs to be me, I can be that. I dont have anything to say to that. My God. The world saw what happened. They saw it. I didnt have to cover it up.The world did see what happened, and on the U.S. side it wasnt pretty. Mickelson and Woods lost both their matches, and the Europeans ended up trouncing the American squad.What Mickelson failed to mention this week, though, was that he had just switched equipment companies right before the Ryder Cup, something that may have been as much to blame for his bad play as having to play an unfamiliar ball.No reason to let the facts get in the way of his revised narrative.Sutton said hes surprised Mickelson isnt focusing more on what he has in front of him.I think Phil better get his mind on what he needs to have it on this week instead of on something that happened 10 years ago, he said.Thats the kind of advice that should come from a captain.But its hard to imagine Mickelson giving it to himself.----Tim Dahlberg is a national sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at tdahlberg(at)ap.org or http://twitter.com/timdahlberg ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen