The Dodgers have plenty of starting pitchers on the roster.

in Bewerbungen 16.05.2019 04:16
von zhangzk • 59 Beiträge

They could trade from that strength this winter and Alex Wood seems like a likely candidate."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 2019 Spring TrainingProspectsCommentaryNews and NotesCommentaryLet’s find a new home for Alex WoodNew Ross Stripling Jersey ,363commentsFormer All-Star seems likely to be traded this winterand because of that, he’s now just an ordinary middle-of-the-rotation starter. That carries a somewhat negative connotation, but mid-rotation starters are pretty valuable — always have been, likely always will be.So, let’s see if we can find Wood a new home.———What teams need starting pitching? If you said “all of them,” you’re right. But let’s look at the teams that really need starting pitching.Here were the bottom 10 starting pitching staffs, according to FanGraphs’ WAR:White Sox, 3.1Orioles, 3.4Padres, 4.0Rangers, 4.2Reds, 4.5Marlins http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , 5.4Tigers, 6.7Giants, 7.2Blue Jays, 7.3The Rangers and Tigers have already added some starting pitching, but they don’t really have any thoughts of contending in 2019. Same goes for the Giants, Orioles and Marlins. The Padres are interesting, but with Wood being under control for only one more season, they’d likely pass. That leaves the White Sox, Reds and Blue Jays. The Jays are probably out, but the White Sox and (especially) the Reds seem primed to try to actually win this season, unlike previous years. Let’s keep them in mind.A team that really stands out in terms of needing a starter are the A’s. They’re coming off a 97-win season, but the non-tendered August acquisition Mike Fiers and have a lot of guys coming back from injury (Jharel Cotton Joc Pederson Jersey , A.J. Puk, Andrew Triggs). They also have a lot of guys who will miss a significant portion — if not all — of the 2019 season (Kendall Graveman, Daniel Gossett, Sean Manaea). They’re definitely in the market for a starter.I kinda thought a Wood-for-Francisco Cervelli made some sense on the surface. The Dodgers need a catcher and the Pirates could always use another solid starter to add to an already solid rotation, led by Jameson Taillon, Chris Archer and Trevor Williams.If the Reds are really serious about improving their pitching, Wood could do well there. He’s good at keeping the ball on the ground (48.9 GB% last season), which is important in one of the most hitter-friendly parks in baseball. After Luis Castillo, the rest of the Reds’ projected rotation is lacking — Anthony DeSclafani, Cody Reed and maybe the corpse of Homer Bailey.The same goes for the White Sox. If they’re interested in contending, adding Wood make sense. Their rotation is young, headed by Reynaldo Lopez. Lucas Giolito exists http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , but he’s coming off an MLB-worst 5.56 FIP in 2018. Carlos Rodon is coming back from a bum shoulder and should be better next season. The inclusion of Wood could help stabilize a rotation in need of a solid veteran.If you’re looking at other contending teams, the Brewers have been looking for a starter since the trade deadline last season. It’d be difficult to see the Dodgers trading with the team that took them to seven games for the NL pennant, but it wouldn’t be like trading with the Giants or something.Cleveland is also on the table ... kinda. They’re looking to trade one or both of Corey Kluber and Trevor Bauer. If they do trade one of them (to the Dodgers, maybe?), maybe Wood could head there to fill a rotation void. It’s weird, I know.———These are just some of the possibilities that make sense. Having said all this, he’s absolutely getting traded to a team not mentioned above or — even better — will somehow stay with the Dodgers.Wood, 28 next month, has been good as a Dodger, but it probably makes sense for both he and the Dodgers if he moves to a team where he could have an unquestioned role. Factor in that he’s a year from free agency and the likelihood of the Dodgers signing him long-term isn’t high and trading him seems like the best option. Rich Schultz/Getty ImagesNew York Mets manager Mickey Callaway said Saturday he feels bad for outfielder Yoenis Cespedes since it's been "extraordinarily tough for him to be on the field" because of lingering injuries.Anthony DiComo of MLB.com passed along comments from the Mets skipper after Cespedes hinted Friday he could need surgery to alleviate long-term heel pain."That's concerning," Callaway said. "I feel bad for the guy. He has worked so hard. If you see the stuff he has to go through to get back鈥攈e worked so hard this winter. We talked about everything that he tried to do to put himself in a good spot to come out and be healthy for the team."Cespedes, who returned Friday from a nine-week stay on the disabled list because of hip and quad issues http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , said he's not sure he'll be able to finish the season, per DiComo. Heel surgery would lead to a recovery timetable of eight to 10 months.The 32-year-old Cuba native played 159 games split between the Mets and Detroit Tigers in 2015 and appeared in 132 contests during his first full season in New York.He's struggled to stay on the field over the last two years, though. He played 81 games last season and has made just 38 appearances so far in 2018."I realize what is causing my problems are my heels," Cespedestold reportersthrough a translator Friday. "When I feel some pain on my heels, I started to modify my walking, my running, even my standing. That's the main cause I am having [of] these problems in my leg."If he's planning to undergo surgery, the Mets would likely be better off if he had the procedure soon. They are already fading from this year's playoff race with a 40-55 record, and the projected timetable could put him on track to potentially return for Opening Day next year.If Cespedes waits until the offseason, he'd likely remain sidelined until at least May and possibly all the way through the 2019 All-Star break before rejoining the lineup.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen