on to represent India U-23 at the 2010 AFC Challeng

in Allgemein 02.06.2019 15:57
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Hampshire 134 for 9 beat Sussex 133 for 8 (Taylor 46*, Nash 32, Griffiths 3-33, Wheal 2-17) by one runScorecard A low-scoring classic at Hove saw Sussex Sharks snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as a floundering middler order saw them make a mountain out of a low target set by Hampshire. A simple chase of 135 from 20 overs took a turn when Sussexs batsmen only managed five runs from three overs, in which they lost the wickets of Matt Machan and Chris Jordan.That meant 23 needed off the final three overs, which soon became 17 off 11 when Dawson caught Craig Cachopa at deep third man off the bowling of Gavin Griffiths. The silver lining of the wicket meant Ross Taylor found himself back on strike. Three fours in the remaining five balls of the penultimate over meant a manageable five off the final six.With three needed from the final two deliveries, Taylor went to lap Brad Wheal around the corner, only for the ball to pass him and leg stump through to the keeper. No wide was signalled and, with a cracking yorker, Wheal sealed a one-run win for Hampshire. Sussex Sharks skipper Luke Wright, while questioning the wide decision did not shy away from the brutal truth that Sussex lost this match through their own inexcusable carelessness.Even Matt Prior, watching on from the stands, could not bite his tongue when Sussexs middle order woes were put to him, suggesting that he was prepared to help - although stopping short of saying in quite what capacity. While Griffiths returned three figures, it was 19-year-old Wheal that influenced where this game was headed. It was not just his ability to send the ball down consistently above the 85mph mark but his knack of second-guessing the batsmen to return 14 dot balls. Bowling Luke Wright for just nine and then trapping Machan in front just as he looked to steer the game away from Hampshire were marquee wickets.Having chosen to bat, Hampshire posted an under-par target with a batting effort that went some way to explaining why they were rooted to the bottom of the South Group before the match. It makes for unsettling viewing. In an era when the phrase Moneyball has been bastardised to the extent that you could get away with applying the phrase to a petrol station meal deal, they were one of the few sides that appreciated the analytics and application of T20 theorems. This will be the first season in the last eight in which they have not made it out of the group stages.Liam Dawson, morphing from one of English crickets most improved to most valuable white ball cricketers, cast as many disapproving looks to teammates as boundaries. Miscommunication with Tom Alsop and Shahid Afridi saw both run out embarrassingly, leaving him to pick up the pieces.Former Barbados under-19 Jofra Archer made his T20 Blast debut and, in his second over, picked up the wicket of Adam Wheater, with Chris Jordan taking the catch. It was Jordan who spotted Archer and recommended that Sussex make use of his British passport and bring him to Hove. Judging by the chain and chunky golden watch, Jordan may accessorise him, too.When he wasnt encouraging Archer, he was showing him how its done. Four overs returned two for 14, as Jordan toyed with the tail when he finished his set with the 17th and 19th overs. His part in the game did not end with the ball, as he made an appearance in the 16th over of the chase, in at No. 6, as Sussex began to get stage fright.Three sixes - Taylor hitting Tino Best into the flats out at midwicket and Machan taking two in a row off Dawson - gave Sussex a degree of insurance. So, too, did Chris Nashs 32 off the top of the innings. But a game that by Wrights estimation should have been won in the 18th over slipped through their fingers in embarrassing fashion.It has been a strange season for Sussex: one which started with talk of an all out attack on the sole promotion spot out of Division Two and now, in the midst of the county summers own silly season, has them assessing how many eggs to place in each basket. Promotion is still not out of the question. But the uncertain weather and sheer effort needed to win four day games on down-trodden tracks means they will have to embark on an unheard of run in their final 10 matches to take them back to the top division.In the short term, staying in the hunt for T20 success means placing everything on beating Essex Eagles, Surrey and Glamorgan - all of whom sit above them in the group. They are still in control of their own destiny to a point but have lost all wiggle room. Blazers Wholesale China . Hey!" The lower tier of the School End of Queens Park Rangers Loftus Road was packed solid with a very festive-sounding Chelsea choral section in this particular part of South Africa Road London, W12. Nike Blazer Low Le Black . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. http://www.cheapblazershoes.com/blazer-low-suede-sneaker/blazer-low-womens.html . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. Nike Blazers Shoes Sale . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. Nike Blazer Mid Cheap . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. Indian Super League champions Chennaiyin FC have signed former ISL winner Baljit Sahni on a one-year deal from Atletico de Kolkata.Baljit, who hails from Hoshiarpur in Punjab and can play as a winger and a forward, played the first two ISL seasons for Atletico.He won the ISL title with Atletico in 2014, scoring two goals that season, and reached the semi-finals last year. After ISL 2015, Baljit went on loan to DSK Shivajians in the I-League and has now joined Chennaiyin on a permanent deal after the expiry of his contract at the Kolkata franchise.Baljit started his career at JCT in Punjab, where he moved up from the youth teams to the senior setup. The 29-year-old spent three seasons there, playing either as forward or winger.He became the first Indian to score a hattrick in the I-League while playing for JCT against Shillong Lajong at the start of the 2009-10 season. In 2009 he was adjudged the Best Young Player in India by other footballers of the country and also went on to represent India U-23 at the 2010 AFC Challenge Cup.Baljit earned a move to Kolkata giants East Bengal in 2010 and spent five seasons there. He won multiple trrophies with East Bengal and narrowly missed out on the I-League.dddddddddddd. The three goals he scored in the 2011 AFC Cup was the highlight of his career with the club.He made 21 appearances for Atletico over the two ISL campaigns. Chennaiyin head coach Marco Materazzi said he had been following him from the first season.Baljit is a player I have admired and watched closely from the very first ISL campaign. He is already an ISL winner and his versatility will strengthen our team, Materazzi said.I had two memorable years with Kolkata but now I am looking forward to a fresh new challenge with Chennaiyin. When I heard that the legendary Materazzi is interested in me it didnt take long for me to decide that I would join his team. Chennaiyin has been the most consistent team in the ISL so far and they have a very settled side. So I have to work very hard to get into the first eleven but this is the kind of test you want as a player and my goal will be to help Chennaiyin retain the championship, Sahni said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen