we were frustrated and disappointed and we let that affe

in Allgemein 06.06.2019 16:24
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Benji Marshall hasnt given up hope of keeping his career alive, with three Sydney clubs interested in offering the veteran one more shot in the NRL.Marshall apologised to St George Illawarra fans on Thursday for his role in the clubs dismal showing in 2016 that had many questioning whether his time in the game was done.The 31-year-old had been linked last month with a move to Melbourne, however he is in discussions to remain in Sydney.At the moment, were in dialogue with a few NRL clubs - Melbournes not one of them. Theyre all in Sydney, Mario Kartak told AAP on Thursday.Kartak said negotiations were far from being finalised and that retirement for the former New Zealand international wasnt entirely off the table.Obviously, when youre in dialogue with somebody and youre working out if we can and if we cant, at the moment there could be a possibility (of retirement), he said.But in Benjis mind, hes playing rugby league no matter what.Kartaks comments came on the same day Marshall took to social media to issue a heartfelt apology to Dragons supporters for their disappointing campaign this year.Marshall, who battled hamstring injuries for the first half of the season, was often front and centre of criticism of the teams toothless attack.The 341 points they scored was only higher than Parramatta and wooden spooners Newcastle.I am personally sorry for the results on the field this year and the part I played in that, Marshall wrote on Instagram.But Im glad I could be a part of last years team in making the finals for the first time in four years which was a highlight for me.After a failed stint in rugby union early in 2014, Marshall returned to the NRL with the Dragons where he played mostly halfback and helped break a four-year finals drought in 2015.He was thankful he had been given a second opportunity in the NRL.Just want to say thank you to@nrl_dragons club , coaching staff, sponsors and more importantly the fans for giving me the opportunity and lifeline to come back and play this great game , Marshall posted.I will be forever grateful for that chance. Good luck to the club for next season and hope it all goes a lot better than this one . Custom Clippers Jersey China . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. Custom Clippers Jerseys . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. http://www.customclippersjersey.com/custom-chris-paul-jersey-large-79x.html . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result looked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. Cheap Clippers Jerseys . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. Custom Chris Paul Jersey .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Virginia coach Tony Bennett didnt know exactly what to expect in the eighth-ranked Cavaliers season opener, between being down two forwards to losing so much from the team that made a deep NCAA Tournament push.When it was over, he saw the Cavaliers have some balance and depth to work with, along with a defense that looked ready from the tip.Marial Shayok scored 15 points to lead the offense in Virginias 76-51 win against UNC Greensboro on Friday night. Meanwhile, the defense -- the bedrock of Bennetts program -- held the Spartans scoreless for more than 11 minutes spanning halftime as the game turned into a methodical rout.With this team and us this year, I think theres even more unknowns because of the amount of newcomers, the lack of experienced guys, Bennett said. So we just didnt know what to expect. I just want them to battle and play hard each possession. It was a welcome first step for a team that lost a lot of production from its first trip to the NCAA Tournaments Elite Eight since 1995. London Perrantes was the only returning player to average at least five points per game, but Virginia had four players hit double figures Friday night.Virginia ran off a 22-0 run to blow the game open, shot 52 percent and made 8 of 16 3-point attempts with a juggled rotation with the absences of Memphis transfer Austin Nichols and Mamadi Diakite inside.Honestly I didnt know what to think coming in (defensively), said Isaiah Wilkins, who had 10 points and nine rebounds. Well take this as a marker and try to improve it on Tuesday.Francis Alonso scored 14 points for UNCG, which shot 37 percent. It marked the first time the program has hosted a ranked opponent in a season opener, though the Spartans ended up falling to 2-55 all-time against Atlantic Coast Conference teams.We just ran into a buzzsaw tonight, sixth-year UNCG coach Wes Miller said. I think its something we can learn from and grow from.BIG PICTUREVIRGINIA: The Cavaliers were thin inside with Nichols out due to a violation of team rulles, and Diakite sitting due to an NCAA review of his amateur status.dddddddddddd That gave Bennett an extended look at some players who have spent time developing within Virginias program. Of note: 6-foot-11 redshirt sophomore Jack Salt got the start and had seven points in 27 minutes as he tries to earn steady rotation minutes and provide interior depth this season.UNCG: Picked to finish fifth in the Southern Conference, the Spartans quickly fell behind by double figures and made what amounted to only a 2-minute flurry of resistance. Hardly the start that Miller wanted from a team with four returning starters.My biggest disappointment was I think when it got away from us ... we were frustrated and disappointed and we let that affect us in the next possession, Miller said, adding: Were too mature, we have too much experience to let being down 15 points affect who we are on the next possession.POLL IMPLICATIONSBennett has described preseason rankings as more of a compliment for what the program has done in recent years as opposed to a measure of the current teams standing. But Miller was sold on the No. 8 team in the AP Top 25 , noting, We can talk for days about their defense.WING OPTIONSBehind Shayok, Darius Thompson scored 12 points with three 3-pointers, while Perrantes had 10 and freshman guard Kyle Guy scored seven on 3-for-5 shooting in his college debut.Guard-wise, I feel like we dont have certain starters every night, Thompson said. Anybody can come in and contribute ... so really it shows how deep we can be.UP NEXTVIRGINIA: The Cavaliers should get their first chance to integrate Nichols into the lineup Tuesday against St. Francis Brooklyn.UNCG: The Spartans play at home Monday against Presbyterian.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org or http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen