raun is inching closer to the downside of his career. And w

in Allgemein 20.06.2019 04:31
von panxing18 • 180 Beiträge

PHOENIX (AP) — Those days of playing every day http://www.marinersfanproshop.com/authentic-edgar-martinez-jersey , they’re done for Ryan Braun. Most important for the longtime Milwaukee Brewers star these days is making the most of the time he’s in the lineup.Now 35, Bhile he is still capable of being a game-changing presence, staying healthy and on the field on a regular basis is not nearly as easy as it was when he was 28 and just hitting his prime.Managing Braun’s playing time to keep him fresh has been an annual challenge for Milwaukee manager Craig Counsell. He, Braun and the team’s training staff try to map out a plan each year to build in scheduled rest days along the way — day games after night games, especially ahead of scheduled team off-days — to keep Braun as available as possible.“We’ll continue to do that this year,” Counsell said.“We have to just monitor usage. We have to be careful there. The point is to get the player out there when he’s as close to healthy as we can get him. And we have to do that with Ryan.”The plan worked a year ago. The outfielder missed 16 games with two separate stints on the injured list for back soreness, but appeared in 125 games overall and started all but five of those contests.Most importantly for the Brewers, Braun was at full strength down the stretch. Braun helped power them to the NL Central crown and within one win of the World Series.And such is the goal again in 2019. Braun reported no issues upon arriving to camp over the weekend and doesn’t have a goal for games played in mind. He just wants to be ready if the Brewers find themselves in the thick of another pennant race.“I know, realistically, it’s unlikely I’m going to play in 155 or 160 games anymore,” Braun said “But the goal for most of us is to play as many of those games as close to possible at 100 percent.”Braun hit 20 home runs with 64 RBIs last season Mitch Haniger Jersey , but his .256 batting average and .313 on-base percentage marked career lows.Blaming his age would be an easy answer but a closer look at advanced metrics reveal a different story: Braun finished 20th among qualified big leaguers in average exit velocity and posted a 43 percent hard-hit ball rate, the second-highest total of his career. Even so, his batting average on balls put in play plummeted to a career-low .274.He hopes his tweaks will change his launch angles just enough to change his luck.“You’ll probably be able to recognize some subtle differences but nothing too drastic,” Braun said. “But it’s something I hope everybody recognizes at the end of the season the end results.”Unlike last year, Braun won’t have to worry about learning a new position this spring.Looking to solve what was, at the time, a glut of outfielders after acquiring Christian Yelich and Lorenzo Cain, the Brewers tried out Braun at first base during Cactus League play. The thought was such a move would open up playing time in the outfield for Domingo Santana or Keon Broxton, both of whom have been traded, and provide a right-handed backup to Eric Thames while also easing Braun’s workload.That plan was shelved when Santana was demoted to Triple-A and Thames lost his starting job to Jesus Aguilar. Braun won’t see much action outside of left field this spring. The results weren’t bright for the Tigers, but there were some interesting results."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Detroit Tigers AnalysisDetroit Tigers Prospect NotebookDetroit Tigers Game ThreadsDetroit Tigers NewsDetroit Tigers PodcastsDetroit Tigers Season PreviewWhat Out of the Park Baseball 20 taught us about the 2019 MLB seasonNew http://www.marinersfanproshop.com/authentic-edgar-martinez-jersey ,12commentsThe results weren’t bright for the Tigers, but there were some interesting results. EDTShareTweetShareShareWhat Out of the Park Baseball 20 taught us about the 2019 MLB seasonWelcome to a series of what should be a mildly entertaining (possibly at my expense) series of pieces I produce this season using the latest iteration of a popular, now two-decades running baseball simulator: Out of the Park Baseball 20. If you want a quick intro of the game, check out this article.To be honest, having never used it before, the vastness of OOTP 20 was daunting and intimidating at first, so I summoned the internet’s omniscience for guidance. Unfortunately, the instruction manual wasn’t terribly helpful and the nascence of this release left me to my own devices, as the tutorials for previous versions have likely aged a bit much to invest an hour of my time watching them. So I bravely forged on into the great wide open fields of OOTP 20 on my own to learn how to use this powerful simulation engine. While the main screen is rather cumbersome, once I figured out how to initiate a standard regular season simulation of the 2019 baseball season, I was on my way... to a dark prediction for my beloved Tigers. Below are the results from my very first simulation and the AL Central standings that ensued.While the results aren’t overwhelmingly surprising Alex Colome Jersey , the American League Central as a whole performed much better than most could expect, with everyone but the Tigers finishing with 70 wins or more.But results of the initial run of the simulator produced a bit more of interest than just the win-loss records. There’s the #LOLWUT stat of 221 stolen bases for the Royals — which persisted in two subsequent simulations — rivaling the St. Louis Cardinals teams of the 1980s, and the absence of Justin Verlander from the top pitchers list in all three simulations run, due to injury.Here are the overall results from the initial 2019 simulation. What do you see in the numbers?Below are the results for the American League teams.Below are the top results for individual players on American League teams.Below are the results for the National League teams.Below are the top results for individual players on National League teams.I’ll be running many more simulations this summer, employing a wide assortment of variables as I climb the learning curve and descend down the slope of Dunning-Kruger in my efforts to master this powerful program. Feel free to suggest scenarios for me to run in the comments here, or on Twitter @AdamDubbin or @BlessYouBoys, and I’ll try my best to accommodate your desires.Just as long as I don’t injure myself somehow along the way.Out of the Park Baseball is available for purchase at various places on the internet, including their website, on Steam and at something called Origin. Those who purchase the game via these links by March 29 will receive 10 percent off. Bless You Boys received a free download code for this game, but was not asked to provide a review or other content in exchange for the code. We are writing this article (and any future editions) simply because the game is awesome and we support the amazing work Out of the Park Developments does year in and year out.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen