d early in the second half to extend the advan

in Allgemein 23.06.2019 16:26
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

VILLARS-LES-DOMBES, France -- Mark Cavendish approached the finish line with so much speed that German rival Marcel Kittel swerved out of the way.The Manx Missile easily sprinted to his fourth stage victory in the Tour de France on Saturday.I didnt see it, Cavendish said of the incident with Kittel. I was in front of him.Finishing in the main pack during the 14th stage, Chris Froome had little trouble holding onto the yellow jersey.Todays stage was quite welcome after the last few days of racing, Froome said. It was really nice to switch off a little bit and sit on the wheels inside the peloton.It was Cavendishs 30th career win in the Tour, putting him within four of Eddy Merckxs record. The British sprinter held up four fingers after crossing the line.Kittel threw up his arm in protest when Cavendish passed him.I saw Cavendish overtaking me and suddenly cornering me, Kittel said. I had to brake to avoid a crash. Its not for me to say if he made a mistake.Cavendish analyzed it only after watching the replay.We were next to the barriers and it was him coming off the barriers more than anything, Cavendish said.Alexander Kristoff, a Norwegian with Katusha, crossed second, and world champion Peter Sagan was third.Cavendish is just faster right now, Kristoff said.Kittel came fifth.Kittel had already lost and stopped his effort. He had lost his focus. Maybe Cavendish swerved a bit, but its nothing, retired sprinter Laurent Jalabert said.The peloton stopped for a minute of silence at the start of the stage in honor of the 84 victims of the truck attack in Nice. Froome, French champion Arthur Vichot, and other leaders of the Tour took their helmets off and stood still at the start line.It was the first of three days of national mourning in France, and fans waved the countrys flag all along the 208.5-kilometer (130-mile) route from Montelimar to the bird sanctuary of Parc des Oiseaux in Villars-Les-Dombes near Lyon.Cavendishs personal record for wins in one Tour was six in 2009. His performance in this race has come as somewhat of a surprise, considering that he has been slowed by injuries in recent seasons.But Cavendish seems rejuvenated after joining the South African squad Team Dimension Data for this season.Ive been a lot more patient than I was last year, Cavendish said.Froome remained 1:47 ahead of second-place Bauke Mollema and 2:45 in front of third-place Adam Yates in the overall standings.Four riders -- Martin Elmiger of Switzerland, Alex Howes of the United States, Jeremy Roy of France, and Cesare Benedetti of Italy -- formed an early breakaway and opened up an advantage of 4 1/2 minutes before falling apart in the final kilometers.Known as a transfer stage because it was a lengthy leg that moved the peloton from one region to another to set up the ensuing mountain tests, the route took riders by fields of grain and sunflowers amid winds exceeding 35 kph (22 mph).The stage started 15 minutes early because of concerns over a strong headwind and concluded with a three-kilometer straight directly into the wind.Matti Breschel, a Danish rider with Cannondale, crashed midway through the stage, and was reported to have broken his collarbone.The Tour enters the Alps on Sunday with a 160-kilometer (99-mile) leg from Bourg-en-Bresse to Culoz featuring six climbs, including the beyond-category Grand Colombier.It is a tricky stage, Froome said. I know the roads there. Its a stage that has probably been a bit underestimated because its not an uphill finish.---Andrew Dampf on Twitter: www.twitter.com/asdampf Johnny Unitas Jersey . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night. Marshall Faulk Jersey . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. http://www.cheapcoltsjerseysauthentic.com/ . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. Whoelsale Colts Jerseys . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Whoelsale China Colts Jerseys . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. Cardiff Blues continued their winning start to the season with a nervy 23-21 triumph at Zebre.The Blues fourth victory from four puts them second in the Guinness Pro12 table, level on points with leaders Ulster.Tries from wing Blaine Scully and full-back Matthew Morgan aided an 18-11 interval lead for Cardiff.Tom James crossed early in the second half to extend the advantage but centre Giulio Bisegni and wing Giovanbattista Venditti added to scrum-half Guglielmo Palazzanis first-half try to keep Zebre in it.Full-back Edoardo Padovani could not convert Vendittis 75th-minute score from out wide, meaning Cardiff prevailed.Team-mate Carlo Canna was also wayward with the boot earlier on. Fly-halves Canna and Steven Shingler exchanged early penalties before Palazzani crossed from a line-out. Canna missed the conversion.Shingler missed with two penalty attempts before finally landing another. Cardiff continued to fightt back and, with Zebre hooker Oliviero Fabiani in the sin-bin, Scully touched down after good work from his forwards.ddddddddddddShingler converted. Cardiff lock Josh Turnbull was soon sin-binned but, despite initial Zebre pressure, the visitors attacked and Morgan went over.Shingler was off target with the extras but Padovani kicked a penalty just before the break.Zebre lock Federico Ruzza was shown a yellow card early in the second half and James soon took advantage with a try in the corner.The conversion attempt was unsuccessful. Cardiff prop Rhys Gill was the next to see yellow and, once the visitors were back to 15 men, Bisegni scored out wide but Canna could not convert.Both teams had chances for tries before Venditti touched down in the corner and Padovani was unable to level. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen