The doctors wife then invited Jueve

in Allgemein 23.06.2019 16:26
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO -- Perhaps there was a hangover from a stinging loss the previous night, or maybe the Cardinals heralded pitching prospect is on the verge of stardom.Either way, from the San Francisco Giants standpoint, Sunday wasnt pretty.Alex Reyes pitched seven dominant innings in his third major league start, lifting St. Louis over San Francisco 3-0 to drop the Giants out of the top spot in the NL wild-card race.The Giants fell a game behind the New York Mets, and the Cardinals closed within one game of San Francisco.St. Louis got a two-run homer from rookie Aledmys Diaz to split this four-game series, winning the final two. The Giants finished this homestand 2-5 and have won just one series at AT&T Park since the All-Star break.The Giants appeared to still be reeling from another blown ninth-inning lead in Saturdays 3-2 loss.That hurt, not holding on, thats a big swing, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said of Saturdays game.San Francisco remained five games behind the Dodgers in the NL West, too.The Giants were 0 for 6 with runners in scoring position.We created some chances today, we just couldnt get them in, we couldnt get the big hit, Bochy said.The Giants best chance came in the sixth, when Reyes errant throw on Brandon Crawfords swinging bunt put runners at second and third with one out.Reyes then struck out Hunter Pence and got Eduardo Nunez to fly out to left.Hes got a mid-to-upper 90s fastball, we werent able to square it up, Crawford said.Reyes (3-1), considered one of the majors best pitching prospects, hasnt disappointed since he was called up from the minors on Aug. 9 after Michael Wacha went on the disabled list with shoulder discomfort.Reyes gave up four hits, struck out six and walked two. The 22-year-old rightys fastball was consistently in the mid-to-upper 90s mph.Hes got big stuff, a big fastball, 97, and he was commanding it pretty good, Bochy said. He has a plus changeup and breaking ball. We werent going to hit him.Seung Hwan Oh pitched a scoreless ninth for his 18th save.Diaz hit his 16th homer in the third off Albert Suarez (3-4). The All-Stars shot followed Matt Carpenters two-out double.Suarez has allowed three runs or fewer in his first 11 career starts, but the rookie is winless in 10 outings (including six starts) since June 23.Today we lost, tomorrow is a new day and well be ready, Crawford said. For the most part we played good baseball this series. If we keep doing that, well be ok.LAW AND ORDERWith the Giants in desperate need of bullpen help, Bochy said right-hander Derek Law will be a ninth-inning option in a reshuffling plan going forward. Giants relievers have blown seven of 11 save opportunities this month. The team has already tied a franchise record with eight losses in games it led after eight innings.Law has an 0.39 ERA in 26 outings since July 4.Its time to tweak it a little bit, Bochy said, Im not saying Laws the closer, but with him and (right-hander Hunter Strickland), theyre going to be more in the mix in the eighth and ninth.TRAINERS ROOMUmpires: Plate umpire Brian ONora left the game after being struck in the mask by a foul ball of Hunter Pences bat in the second inning. He was diagnosed with a concussion by Giants team doctor Kenneth Akizuki. Second base umpire Laz Diaz called the rest of the game behind the plate.Ive been doing this for 30 years and Ive never been hit that hard, ONora said.UP NEXTGiants: LHP Madison Bumgarner (14-9, 2.66 ERA) faces three-time Cy Young Award winner Clayton Kershaw in what will be the 11th matchup between the two southpaws in the series opener in Los Angeles. Bumgarner is 4-3 with a 4.44 ERA in nine starts since Aug. 2. Cheap Jaguars Jerseys .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. Cheap Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. http://www.cheapjaguarsjerseysauthentic.com/ . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. Jaguars Jerseys China . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Authentic . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. A common question I am routinely asked is, Did your father introduce you to golf? While the technical answer is yes, he is the first person to put a club in my hands, it was my grandmother who paved the path for me to learn the sport.In 1964, at 43 years old, my Mexican abuelita, Mami Cuy, began to play golf when her brother introduced her to the game. Slowly her passion began to develop and grow. In 1965, she and her family joined Club de Golf Mexico in Mexico City, a course that was ranked in the top 100 in the world at the time.It wasnt until recently that I realized how uncommon it was for a woman to introduce her family to the sport. During her time, not many women played. Mami Cuy didnt fit the protocol of the time though. She attended school up until the third grade, but, despite her lack of schooling, she did everything within her power to educate herself. According to my father, there wasnt a time when she didnt have a book or magazine in her hand.When she married her first husband, she married into wealth. He owned an import and export business based out of Brownsville, Texas. Tragedy struck when he passed away from a brain tumor in 1955. Left behind with four children, my grandmother took care of them on her own with the help from some loved ones. She was beautiful and poised, but more importantly, she was strong and resilient. Perhaps thats why she was initially drawn to golf, a sport that requires so much mental toughness.She helped run her deceased husbands business but realized she needed help with the financials. A family friend recommended an accountant he knew, and not long after what started off as a business relationship turned into love. In 1960, she remarried and had three more children. With seven children at home, she certainly had also developed the patience needed to play.My grandmothers passion for the game so was infectious that she inspired her brothers and other family members. My uncles Armando and Javier and my father, Alejandro, were most influenced by their mothers love for the game. Armando became obsessed. One year, he called my father and said, Im quitting golf. Come and get all my clubs. My father said he acquired 12 sets of golf clubs from Armandos brief hiatus. Javier went into construction and built and designed several golf courses in Mexico. My father went on to play college golf and became a head pro at a golf course in the United States.I was told that Mami Cuy loved golf because she relished the good shots. When my father and his brothers would get homme after a round and sit at the dinner table, he said it wasnt unusual for them to start going over all the terrible shots they hit.dddddddddddd His mother looked at them one time and said, You know, I dont hit very many good shots, so the ones I do hit well, I try to focus on those.For my grandmother, golf was more than just a game she played with her sons. She used it as an opportunity to teach them respect, honor and kindness. She used it as a way to be with the people she loved and to give back to those around her. She continued to play after her second husband also passed away from a brain tumor in 1970. Golf was an outlet she used to grieve and mourn the loss of someone she loved to play golf with.Beyond the gift of introducing my family to golf, my grandmother appreciated the privilege to play. It was through that privilege that she was able to help others.Jueves was a young teenage boy who caddied for my grandmother at Club Cocoyoc before she joined Club de Golf Mexico. He had a bad left leg due to a car accident. Wanting to help, my grandmother brought Jueves to see a doctor who was an orthopedic surgeon. Mami Cuy paid for his surgery, and the use of his left leg was more or less restored. The doctors wife then invited Jueves into their home and he stayed there until he graduated from high school. Years later, my father helped his brother, Javier, with the construction of a golf course just outside of Cocoyoc. When my father went to the Club Cocoyoc in search of Jueves, he found him with his sleeves rolled up, wearing a tie surrounded by papers with a plaque on his desk that read, Head Bookkeeper.Jueves got up to hug my father and said, Give a hug to Mami Cuy. I will never forget her.I never had the opportunity to play golf with her and my interactions were limited. She continued to live in Mexico City while my father started a new life in the United States. By the time I was born, she had slowly stepped away from the game as she had no one to play with any longer. Sadly, she passed away from Alzheimers in 2004.Now that I know her history and love for a sport that would one day change my life, I cant help but wish I could play just one hole with her. I would love to experience the joy she had in sharing something she loved so dearly.My father put it best, I can never forget her happiness on the course, especially with her children. She was alive at the course. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen