ue Raiders only blemish is a 74-63 loss

in Allgemein 23.06.2019 16:26
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Welterweight contender Felix Diaz, two weeks removed from his career-best victory against then-unbeaten Sammy Vasquez, signed a multiyear promotional contract with Lou DiBella on Tuesday.Signing with Lou DiBella means that the team around me just got even better, Diaz said in a news release. I have the best advisor in the game in Al Haymon and now I have the best promoter in Lou.Lou can turn me into a household name and promote me the way that I should be promoted.Diaz, 32, won an Olympic gold medal in 2008 and is the only boxing gold medalist in Dominican Republic history.In October, Diaz (18-1, 8 KOs) suffered a controversial 12-round majority decision loss to former junior welterweight titlist Lamont Peterson in Fairfax, Virginia -- Petersons home area -- but he bounced back with a tremendous performance against Vasquez.Diaz won a 10-round unanimous decision against Vasquez on July 16 in a fight televised on Fox in prime time, on the undercard of heavyweight titleholder Deontay Wilders defense against Chris Arreola in Birmingham, Alabama.Even before that victory, DiBella, who promoted Diazs bouts with Vasquez and Peterson, was talking with Diaz manager Jose Nunez and Haymon about signing the fighter. He was happy to complete the deal.Im very excited. Hes a very good fighter, DiBella said. Ive promoted his fights in the past and I have worked with Jose Nunez before. Ive been working on this for a while. Felix Diaz is a guy who can compete with anyone in two weight classes, welterweight or junior welterweight. Hes much more natural 140-pounder, though there are loads of welterweight fights we would like for him.You saw how well he fought against Vasquez. Its no accident this guy was a gold medalist.Haymon has numerous top welterweights, including titleholders Danny Garcia and Keith Thurman, Peterson, former titleholders Shawn Porter and Adrien Broner as well as Amir Khan and rising star Errol Spence Jr.Diaz, however, has his mind on fighting one of them. I want Danny Garcia, Diaz said. I have made this very clear to my team that this is the fight I want.If Danny wants to avoid me though, then I want one of the other big names out there. Broner, [Ricky] Burns, [Shawn] Porter, [Andre) Berto], [Timothy] Bradley, [Terence] Crawford, I like all of those fights. I dont turn down fights.I have been thrown to the wolves since I first got into this game and I have never backed down from a challenge. I just want to fight the best and I believe that before the end of the year, I will be in the ring with one of the biggest names in boxing.DiBella said it is his job to help build Diaz into a bigger name and attraction, which will make putting together a fight with a top opponent more realistic.I have to help build his recognizability and his name, but he has a major advantage in that a whole lot of people saw the Sammy Vasquez fight, DiBella said. That will be helpful to him and me in the future. I know how to make some noise. There are a lot of fights for him. Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Authentic . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Cheap Red Wings Jerseys . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. http://www.cheapredwingsjerseys.com/ . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. Cheap Detroit Red Wings Jerseys .2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the leagues broadcast and multimedia rights. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . Pierce was ejected in the third quarter of Indianas 103-86 win Monday. George Hill stole a bad pass and was going in for a layup, and Pierce hustled back and appeared to be trying to wrap him up. MURFREESBORO, Tenn. -- Beating Southeastern Conference teams has almost become routine for Middle Tennessee.Giddy Potts scored a season-high 27 points and MTSU won its third straight over an SEC opponent with a 71-48 win over Vanderbilt on Thursday night.MTSU (9-1) has won seven of its last 12 against the SEC, including a 77-62 win at Ole Miss on Nov. 30.I think the culture of our program is about toughness, MTSU coach Kermit Davis said. Not in an arrogant way at all, but I talk to our team a lot about trying to become a national program and weve been doing that for the last three or four or five years, and I think they look forward to these games.Middle Tennessee earned national attention with an upset of Michigan State in last seasons NCAA tournament.Potts made four 3-pointers and grabbed nine rebounds in the Blue Raiders seventh straight win.We just came out and played our game and really locked up on defense, Potts said. We played really hard on both sides of the ball.MTSUs Reggie Upshaw added 14 points, six rebounds and five assists going against 7-foot-1 Luke Kornet.Thats probably the biggest person Ive ever played against or one of them, said Upshaw, shaking his head. All week in practice coach Davis just kept telling us that he kind of struggles if you get him off his sweet spot and if you dont let him catch the ball too deep in the post.The Blue Raiders, ranked fifth in the RPI ratings, are off to their fourth-best start in school history and the best since opening 12-1 in 1980-81.Arkansas transfer JaCorey Williams had 13 points and a career-high 10 rebounds.Matthew Fisher-Davis led Vanderbilt (5-5) with 13 points and Jeff Roberson scored 11.The Commodores struggled offensively, hitting 32 percent from the floor on 17-of-53 shooting while being held to a season low in points against MTSUs 1-3-1 zone defense.We neveer really got that stretch in the second half where we could string together a couple of stops and a couple scores to ever get it close, Commodores coach Bryce Drew said.dddddddddddd And credit them. They continued to play good defense and continued to attack the rim on the other side.Two nights after breaking a school record with 19 3-pointers in a win over High Point, Vanderbilt made 5 of 19 from beyond the arc.MTSU went 7 of 24 from 3-point range.Its frustrating, Roberson said. We knew (for them to be) playing a home game theyd be making a lot of runs and stuff and it was on us to bounce back and we never really did that.BIG PICTUREVanderbilt: Still searching for consistency during the Commodores up-and-down start.Middle Tennessee: The Blue Raiders only blemish is a 74-63 loss to Tennessee State on Nov. 19 and Williams has given the team a big lift.GREAT TREATVanderbilts first-year coach Bryce Drew, a former Valparaiso coach, seemed surprised to inherit a road game at MTSU. I can tell you up North schedules like this dont happen very often, Drew said. Nobody would ever come into our gym in Valpo, never a Big 10 team. So this is a great treat for Middle Tennessee to get an SEC team in their building and credit them, they took full advantage of it and played a great game.SECOND-HALF SURGEVanderbilt trailed by eight early in the second half when Middle Tennessee made an 18-6 run to stretch its lead to 51-31 on Upshaws exclamation-point dunk with 12:52 left. The Commodores never got closer than 18 the rest of the way.UP NEXTVanderbilt takes a nine-day break before hosting Chattanooga on Dec. 17.Middle Tennessee visits Belmont, another Nashville team, on Wednesday before traveling to VCU on Dec. 17. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen