in 2 1/3 innings.Stephenson threw 4

in Allgemein 23.06.2019 16:27
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- The only thing standing between an undefeated record for the Southeastern Conferences West teams against their East counterparts this season is a 51-yard field goal.Despite that unlikely make as time expired, giving Kentucky a 40-38 win over Mississippi State on Oct. 22, the gap between the two divisions in college footballs premier league is as large as ever.Just how big is the gap between the East and West?Pretty big, Florida coach Jim McElwain said after a 31-10 loss to Arkansas on Saturday , a game that sent the West to 9-1 against East this season. As the Florida Gators, its our responsibility to close it.The difference between the two divisions is nothing new, with the West having finished 13-2 against the East last season -- including Alabamas 29-15 win over Florida in the SEC championship game.What was so striking about Saturday was the ease with which the Razorbacks (6-3, 2/3 SEC) -- losers already to three West opponents -- handled the East-leading Gators (6-2, 4-2). Coming off a 56-3 loss to Auburn two weeks ago, Arkansas outgained Florida 466-241 in total yardage and held the Gators to a season-low 12 yards rushing.What was expected to be a difficult game against the best from the East turned into an easy ride for the Razorbacks.Our coach did preach that do us, there is a difference between the West and the East, Arkansas defensive end Jeremiah Ledbetter said. Physicality-wise, the teams that we play, theyre just big, physical guys and try to dominate. We showed that playing the East.Razorbacks coach Bret Bielema was a bit more hesitant to write off the East, offering, Im going to leave that one floating out there a little bit.I think in the SEC every game is very tough, Bielema said. ... I think anything in the SEC, East or West, I know the numbers are going to say one thing, but youve got to respect everybody in this league.The East has four more chances during the regular season to close the gap, beginning this week when Georgia (5-4, 3-4) hosts surging Auburn (7-2, 5-1). The Gators have another West opponent left when they travel to LSU for their rescheduled game on Nov. 19.Mississippi also faces Vanderbilt that same weekend, while Arkansas closes out the regular season against Missouri on Nov. 25.Regardless of how those games play out, the West has already showed its dominance this season -- and no one on that side of the conference is about to feel sorry for the East.Football is football, said Arkansas running back Rawleigh Williams, who rushed for 148 yards against the Gators. Those guys over there, they have some NFL-caliber players. I think theyll be OK. Andre Johnson Jersey . After a replay, the winner will meet Sunderland in the quarterfinals. Sagbo did well to control Sone Alukos right cross and fire past Brighton goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. Aluko was making his first start in four months after recovering from an Achilles injury. Texans Jerseys Online . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. http://www.cheaptexansjerseysauthentic.com/ . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Cheap Texans Jerseys Authentic . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4. Texans Jerseys China . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. PITTSBURGH -- A rainy Saturday night was dreary for the Pittsburgh Pirates as they lost another game as well as more ground in the standings and possibly leadoff hitter Josh Harrison for an extended period.Joey Votto celebrated his 33rd birthday with four hits, including a home run, and the Cincinnati Reds beat the collapsing Pirates 8-7.Votto led off the ninth inning with his 23rd homer, a drive to right off Juan Nicasio that gave the Reds a two-run cushion. The 2010 NL MVP is hitting .427 in 51 games since the All-Star break and could become the first major leaguer to hit .400 in the second half since Ichiro Suzuki had a .429 average in 2004 with the Seattle Mariners.The Pirates flickering hopes of a fourth consecutive postseason berth took another hit as they dropped 5 1/2 games behind St. Louis for the second NL wild card with their 10th loss in 12 games.When asked in his post-game press conference if he would call a meeting in an effort to spark his team, manager Clint Hurdle gave a terse answer.The one thing I do is when I talk to guys, I dont tell you I talk to them, he said.Francisco Cervelli hit a two-out RBI single in the ninth for Pittsburgh, but Tony Cingrani held on for his 17th save. With runners on first and second, Jordy Mercer bounced into a fielders choice for the final out.We always talk about add-on runs being so big, Reds manager Bryan Price said. That solo shot by (Votto) gave Tony some breathing room, which we needed.Harrison left in the sixth inning after injuring his right groin while legging out a two-run double that got the Pirates within one at 7-6. He is 17 for 42 (.405) with six doubles during a 10-game hit streak.Harrison began limping after rounding the first base on the ball hit into the right-center field gap. He was able to slide safety into second base then pounded the bag with his left fist in frustration before walking gingerly off the field.Hurdle said he had no update on Harrison.Brandon Phillips had three of Cincinnatis 15 hits, helping the Reds rally from an early 4-0 deficit for their second straight win following nine losses in 11 games. Tucker Barnhart drove in three runs.Phillips iss hitting .dddddddddddd365 (19 for 52) with four homers and 10 RBI in 14 games against the Pirates this season.The Reds jumped in front with three runs in the fifth against rookie reliever Trevor Williams (1-1). Scott Schebler had a bases-loaded walk before Barnhart made it 7-4 with a two-run double.Williams took the loss in his second major league appearance after allowing one unearned run in three innings on Wednesday in a win over St. Louis.It comes down to one pitch, Williams said. Unfortunately, I hung a slider a little bit (to Barnhart).Jung Ho Kangs two-run homer off rookie starter Robert Stephenson gave the Pirates a 4-0 lead in the third inning. Kang finished with two hits and three RBI.Josh Smith (3-1) got the win despite allowing two runs in 2 1/3 innings.Stephenson threw 43 pitches during a two-run first inning and made it through just three innings, getting tagged for four runs and five hits.Acquired in an Aug. 1 trade with Toronto and assigned to Triple-A Indianapolis, Drew Hutchison gave up four runs --- all scoring in the fourth inning --- and eight hits in four innings in his Pirates debut.I wasnt sharp in the first but I thought I did a good job and started to get going in the second and the third, Hutchison said. The fourth was just frustrating and disappointing.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: LF Starling Marte (back spasms) sat out for a fifth straight game and there is no timetable for his return.KUHL SET FOR RETURNPirates right-hander Chad Kuhl will return to the rotation Thursday night and start at Philadelphia. The rookie was originally supposed to start Saturday but the Pirates decided to give him a break after working 134 1/3 innings between Pittsburgh and Indianapolis this season.UP NEXTReds: LHP Brandon Finnegan (8-10, 4.17 ERA) will start Sunday in the finale of the four-game series. He is winless in his last three starts despite a 3.00 ERA in that span.Pirates: RHP Ryan Vogelsong (3-4, 4.07 ERA) has allowed a combined 10 runs in nine innings in his last two starts while going 0-1. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen