Frese is pleased with the quick sta

in Allgemein 25.06.2019 14:58
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

A rookie blossomed and a veterans world tour career ended on a mixed day for Australian surfers at Hawaiis Pipe Masters.With only two days left in the event window, organisers churned through 23 heats on Sunday (Monday AEDT) in the second and third rounds.Newcastle rookie Ryan Callinan pulled off the days biggest upset at Banzai Pipeline, eliminating Brazilian world No.2 Gabriel Medina in the third round.Medina only needed a 6.75 late in their heat to win, but Callinan held on to reach the fourth heat of a world tour event for the first time.Callinan also beat Brazilian rookie of the year Caio Ibelli in the second round.I guess this is a good end to the year already, Callinan said.Round three has kind of got me this year and the two guys I beat today have kind of got me in most of the events, so it is good to get a bit of payback in.Despite his big day, Callinan will have to requalify next year for the world tour.Compatriot Kai Otton said after he lost to American Kolohe Andino in round three that he would not go through requalifying next year, ending his decade on the world tour.Its kind of a forced retirement I guess, Otton said.I would have gone again next year if all the boys were there, but Im not going to chase the QS so its probably my last event.Its been a dream - I didnt qualify until I was 27 and 10 years later its been great fun.Former world champion Joel Parkinson and Josh Kerr were the other Australians to win through to round four.After starting the year with three wins from four rounds, Matt Wilkinson lost his round-three heat to Frenchman Jeremy Flores.Despite dropping out of the title race, Wilkinson said the season had given him confidence that he can be a contender.I feel like Ive had a lot of missed opportunities in the back half of this year and I could have been fighting for a title, Wilkinson said.I obviously would have wanted to do better here, but I am stoked going into the off-season.Julian Wilson, the 2014 Pipe Master, also fell to American Kanoa Igarashi in the third round.Eleven-time world champion Kelly Slater ended the day with a tight win over fellow American Conner Coffin, beating him by just .07.Newly-crowned world champion John John Florence, a North Shore local, also remains in contention for his first Pipeline Masters title. <a href="http://www.cheapsabresjerseys.com/">Cheap Adidas Sabres Jerseys</a>. Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2. <a href="http://www.cheapsabresjerseys.com/">Cheap Buffalo Sabres Jerseys</a>.Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. <a href="http://www.cheapsabresjerseys.com/">http://www.cheapsabresjerseys.com/</a>. Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. <a href="http://www.cheapsabresjerseys.com/">Cheap Sabres Jerseys China</a>. The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. <a href="http://www.cheapsabresjerseys.com/">Cheap Sabres Jerseys</a>. Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland coach Brenda Frese wondered if her players were fully awake for their late morning tip-off against in-state foe Mount St. Marys.They had turnovers, breakdowns on defense and uncharacteristically missed open shots. However, it didnt take long for the No. 6 Terrapins to fix the problem. Brionna Jones finished with 18 points and 10 rebounds to help No. 6 Maryland rout the Mountaineers 106-42 on Friday.Ieshia Small had 14 points off the bench for Maryland (3-0). Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, Kaila Charles and Jenna Staiti added 10 points apiece for the Terrapins, who shot 58 percent from the field.I thought we had a really slow, sluggish start, Frese said. Our shots werent falling and we werent as crisp as we usually are. The second half was a much better indicator of how we want to play for 40 minutes.The Mountaineers (1-2) trailed only 18-13 at the end of the first quarter. But the Terrapins used their size to take control. The 6-foot-3 Jones scored 12 points to boost the lead to 34-18 with 3:37 left in the second quarter.We have a lot of weapons on our team, Jones said. Anybody can come off the bench and score. Were just going to keep playing our brand of basketball.The Mountaineers tried to stay in the game by hoisting three-pointers, but they went 3 of 21 and trailed 37-20 at the break. They finished 7 of 32 from behind the arc.A pair of free throws and layup by freshman Destiny Slocum boosted the margin to 57-25 midway through the third quarter, and the only uncertainty was whether Maryland would score 100 or more points for the third straight game.A 3-pointer by Sarah Myers gave Maryland a 100-39 llead late in the fourth quarter.ddddddddddddKatrice Dickson led Mount St. Marys with 12 points.I thought we played really well in the first quarter, Mountaineers coach Bryan Whitten. We became very undisciplined on the offensive side in the second quarter. You give up 37 points in the first half, you think youre in a good spot.BIG PICTUREMount St. Marys: The Mountaineers started four guards to play uptempo and put their best shooters in the floor. The strategy worked early before the Terrapins did a better job protecting the ball and wearing them down.Maryland: Frese is pleased with the quick start of her team, which has averaged 104 points in three games against much weaker programs. Her deep roster will help create matchup problems for most opponents this season.FAB FRESHMANMaryland freshmen Destiny Slocum and Kaila Charles were in the starting lineup for the third consecutive game. Both played well enough to maintain those spots. Charles scored in double figures for the third time, and Slocum has seamlessly run the plays at point guard.FINDING A HOMEThe Mountaineers Mikal Johnson, a graduate transfer, is playing for her third college program. Johnson played two seasons at Rider, where she was a MAAC All-Rookie Team selection, and then one year at Liberty. After scoring in double figures in each of the first two games, Johnson had three points against Maryland.UP NEXTMt. St. Marys: The Mountaineers host Fairfield on Sunday.Maryland: The Terrapins play at Niagara on Sunday in their first road trip. <a href="http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnfl.com/">Wholesale Jerseys</a> ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen