who nodded his head in agreement.

in Allgemein 25.06.2019 14:58
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

BOULDER, Colo. -- A night game televised nationally on the conference network. Largest Folsom Field crowd expected in nearly five years. At least a share of the top spot in the Pac-12 South at stake.All just more signs that Colorado (4-2, 2-1 Pac-12) has its football program trending in the right direction as the Buffaloes host Arizona State (5-1, 2-1) on Saturday.Colorado is counting on plenty of Folsom Field clamor against a Sun Devils team thats 7-0 all-time against the Buffs and has outscored them by an average of 26 points. There could be more than 46,000 fans for this homecoming game in a stadium that should be much louder since the completion of the Champions Center on the northeast side to trap the noise.I love night games, and I think most of the guys on the team love night games, and that kind of atmosphere, Colorado receiver Bryce Bobo said. Were just trying to come out with a big win.Big wins have been rather rare for the Buffaloes since their last bowl appearance in 2007. This team, though, has been making strides all season, such as earning the Buffs first ranking in 11 years before falling out of the polls this week after a 21-17 loss to Southern California.The turnaround in Boulder has certainly caught the attention of Arizona State coach Todd Graham.Theyre a football team thats playing very hungry, Graham said. This team is capable of big plays and they have been playing very well at home. So, we need to go out there and find a way to win.Both teams enter the game with QB quandaries. The Buffs will decide between freshman Steven Montez and senior Sefo Liufau, whos dealing with a sprained ankle thats sidelined him for the last three games.The Sun Devils may have Manny Wilkins in the huddle again. He missed last weeks 23-20 win over UCLA with a leg injury. Theyre also preparing Dillon Sterling-Cole and Jack Smith with Brady White out for the season after suffering an injury against the Bruins.We dont really worry about (whos at quarterback). We worry about us, Colorado safety Afolabi Laguda said. We have to come out there and worry about filling our gaps right, covering the right people and making plays.Here are some other things to watch as the Sun Devils try to spoil Colorados homecoming:THE LOCAL KID: Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre had a simple answer for stopping the Sun Devils version of the Wildcat formation.Tackle No. 7, MacIntyre said.That would be Kalen Ballage, who the Buffaloes know very well after heavily recruiting the 6-foot-2, 227-pound running back from Peyton, Colorado. Ballage had eight total TDs in a game earlier this season against Texas Tech -- quite a few off direct snaps out of the formation they call Sparky.The main thing is No. 7. Hes pretty wicked, MacIntyre said.FOOT NOTE: The Sun Devils have one of the best kickers in the game in Zane Gonzalez, who connected on three field goals last weekend to become the NCAAs all-time leader. He has 89 career field goals, moving him by Florida States Dustin Hopkins, who had 88 from 2009-12. Gonzalez is nine points away from breaking Hopkins FBS record for career points (466) by a kicker.THIS & THAT: With a win, the Sun Devils would move to 6-1 for the second time in the past three seasons. Whats more, Graham would pick up win No. 40 at Arizona State.SEFOS NUMBERS: In three games against Arizona State, Liufau has thrown for 836 yards, which is the most versus one opponent in school history. Its one of 78 school marks that Liufau has either set or tied.ATTENDANCE SURGE: The Buffaloes are averaging 43,172 at home this season -- a figure sure to climb after this weekend. The last time Colorado averaged more than 40K was 2012.Its going to be a tough test for us here. Im glad were playing at Folsom, MacIntyre said. Our kids love playing at Folsom.---Online:College Football: http://collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Pat Graham at: https://twitter.com/pgraham34 <a href="http://www.cheapchargersjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-kellen-winslow-jersey">Kellen Winslow Jersey</a>. Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. <a href="http://www.cheapchargersjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-dan-fouts-jersey">Dan Fouts Jersey</a>. Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. <a href="http://www.cheapchargersjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-ladainian-tomlinson-jersey">http://www.cheapchargersjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-ladainian-tomlinson-jersey</a>.S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. <a href="http://www.cheapchargersjerseysauthentic.com/">Cheap Chargers Jerseys</a>. -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. <a href="http://www.cheapchargersjerseysauthentic.com/">Wholesale Chargers Jerseys</a>. Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. PHOENIX -- The dimpled ball soared in a parabolic arc, landing 10 feet behind and a little right of the flagstick. Immense spin created by crisp contact pulled the ball back on the firm, tightly-mown grass, slope turning the ball toward the cup.This was it. After more than 160 swings over three rounds, we were finally going to witness a hole-in-one.Instead, the ball trickled to a stop six inches to the right. Great shot, just not an ace.Think about all the rounds of golf youve played and how many hole-in-ones youve had, said Matthew Phillips, GM and head pro at Palm Valley Golf Club. Its not an easy thing to do.Thats for sure.According to the National Hole-in-One Registry, an average golfer has a 12,000-to-1 chance at an ace. Low-handicap players its a 5,000-to-1 shot, tour players 3,000 to 1.But its not just the odds that make aces among sports most magical moments.Unlike rolling 300 in bowling or tossing a no-hitter in baseball, a hole-in-one is possible for anyone, with a little skill and lots of luck; 3-year-olds are in the aces club, so are centenarian grandmothers.My buddy Jeff Locke and I were already members -- twice for me, once for him -- so we figured we could at least scare the hole if not knock one in, given enough cracks at it.We tried stacking the odds, playing Palm Valleys 4,745-yard Lakes Course because it has 10 par 3s instead of the standard four. Arizona also has the third-most aces in the United States, matching Michigan with 5 percent, so we were in a good place to do it.The quest nearly ended right after it started. Hitting first, Locke pured a wedge on the opening par 3 -- the 118-yard third hole -- sending it on a direct line toward the flag.How about a walk-off on the first shot? I said as the ball floated toward the flagstick.Nope. It landed 18 feet away to set up a good birdie chance, but no ace.Weve got this, I said as we walked back to the cart.Foolish thinking.The next three-plus hours were spent hitting balls toward flagsticks between 109 and 182 yards away, none really having any chance of going in. Our best shot after 15 holes and 60 shots -- we played the back 9 twice -- was 5 feet, by Locke on our second chance at No. 15.We originally planned to play one round, hopefully get our ace and be done with it. Disgusted with our performance, we wanted another shot.Maybe Ill get a ringger for the next round, said Locke, who works for golf marketing firm Communication Links.ddddddddddddHe did, adding aspiring tour player Kyle Maze and Dale Moseke of OB Sports Golf Management for our next round.Maze, who works at Papago Golf Course in Phoenix, had a fluid, effortless swing, the exact opposite of my Tin Man-lurching-at-the-ball move.He hit a couple of solid shots the first two par 3s, then stepped up to the 173-yard sixth hole.The 7-iron is my favorite club, Maze said as he took a couple practice swings with it. I had both of my hole-in-ones with a 7.It makes sense. Of all aces, 7-irons match 8-irons in producing the most, accounting for 14 percent each.Maze gave himself a chance at it, too, drawing a shot right at the flag.Perfectly on line, it hit six inches from the hole and ... kicked left. The ball stays straight, maybe it goes in. Instead, he had a 12-foot birdie putt -- another good shot, no ace.Maze and Moseke had to leave after nine holes, and Locke and I somehow got worse on the back nine; our closest shot was eight feet, again on No. 17.Well, that was pathetic, I said to Locke, who nodded his head in agreement. Guess well have to do this one more time.For the final round, we enlisted another ringer, Aaron Ramos, a junior at Desert Edge High School who won the 2015 Division II state championship.Locke and I hit some good shots -- seven inside 10 feet -- before being joined by Ramos and Junior Golf Association of Arizona executive director Scott McNevin for a second 18.After some quality shots on the front nine, Ramos stepped to the 10th tee with pitching wedge in hand.With a fluid motion, he sent a shot that appeared to be too far right. Once it hit the green, spin pulled the ball back as if it were on a string anchored inside the cup. We watched with hope as the ball took the slope toward the cup, only to grimace as it stopped just to the right.I think that was the one, I said.It was. We really didnt come close after that.One hundred-seventy four swings between a golf professional, a top junior player, three people who work in the golf industry and one hacking sports writer, and no hole-in-one.According to the odds, thats precisely what should have happened. <a href="http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnfl.com/">Wholesale Jerseys</a> ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen