Federica Brignone, the Italian who won the previous

in Bewerbungen 01.07.2019 08:14
von elaine95 • 211 Beiträge

ST. PETERSBURG Ugo Amadi Jersey , Fla. (AP) — One of Devin White’s first orders of business as the fifth overall pick in the NFL draft was selecting a new jersey number with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.The 2018 Butkus Award winner as the nation’s top college linebacker wore No. 40 at LSU and was hoping to continue wearing it as a pro. Those plans changed when White learned No. 40 hasn’t been worn by a Tampa Bay player since 2007, when fan favorite and Bucs Ring of Honor member Mike Alstott ended his career as the second-leading rusher in franchise history.Although the jersey is not officially retired, White said he never considered seeking Alstott’s permission to wear it.“For all that he did for this place, him winning the Super Bowl, him really being a running back and not a fullback, him toting the rock like he did, he had his own legacy here, and I’m not a person who wants to step in the way of somebody else’s legacy,” White said Friday.“Even though 40 means the world to me, at the end of the day it’s not the number that’s going to make me go out and make tackles, sacks and big plays http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/sione-takitaki-jersey ,” he added. “It’s about me who’s going to do that.”White wore No. 45 for the start of the team’s three-day rookie minicamp, noting it combines his college jersey number and being the fifth overall pick.The 6-foot-1, 240-pound inside linebacker said he’s eager to create his own legacy as the leader of a defense that’s making the transition to a 3-4 scheme for next season.“Someday somebody may have to respect me that way,” White said. “Hopefully if I put in enough work, I can get to his level someday.”With the exception of White dropping a potential interception that the linebacker likely would have been returned for a touchdown, coach Bruce Arians liked what he saw on the practice field.“He jumped right out there and took control of the huddle,” Arians said. “I think he’d like to have the pick-6 back. But other than that, he had a very good command of what he was doing.”As for White, he’s just happy to be back in team meetings and practicing after spending most of the past four months preparing for the draft.“The draft process was cool, but I really don’t like all that attention. I like playing football. The minute I put my cleats on and walked out to this field, it was like heaven Sheldrick Redwine Jersey ,” he said.The Bucs are counting on White to become an immediate starter, as well as a team leader on and off the field.Second-round draft pick Sean Murphy-Bunting said the first-rounder is already setting the tone for a rookie class that includes six defensive players, a kicker and a wide receiver.“He’s definitely a leader,” the cornerback out of Central Michigan said. “He takes over. He’s a high-energy guy.”NOTES:There are 58 players on the rookie minicamp roster, including quarterbacks Nick Fitzgerald (Mississippi State) and Vincent Testaverde (Albany). … Fitzgerald signed as a college free agent. Testaverde, son of former NFL quarterback Vinny Testaverde, was invited for a tryout. His dad began a long pro career with the Bucs as the No. 1 overall pick in the 1987 draft. With Mikaela Shiffrin dominating the World Cup circuit this season, it can seem like a distant memory when the American was locked in a tight battle with Lara Gut for last year’s title.

That’s because that contest ended prematurely when Gut ruptured her left ACL last February in a crash during slalom warmups for the combined event of her home world championships in St. Moritz, Switzerland.

Gut had surgery and missed the rest of the season. She returned at the start of this season but had recorded just two podiums results – both second-places – before winning the final super-G before next month’s Pyeongchang Olympics on Sunday.

It was Gut’s first victory since winning the downhill in Cortina almost a year ago.

”It’s good to be back – to be back winning,” Gut said. ”In super-G I’ve always been fast. … If I ski the way I can I’m always top 10.”

In a race on a shortened course that was shaped by strong winds, overcast conditions and overnight snowfall Kaleb McGary Jersey , Gut clocked 1 minute, 14.78 seconds for a 0.14-second advantage over Johanna Schnarf of Italy.

Nicole Schmidhofer of Austria finished third, 0.27 behind.

Shiffrin missed a gate midway through her run and Italian favorite Sofia Goggia hit a gate and also did not finish.

”The whole way down I skied way too direct of a line, which is really frustrating because the problem was with my inspection and I’m not exactly sure what we can do for me to be better prepared for super-Gs,” Shiffrin said. ”One of my biggest issues right now is still switching from the timing of downhill turns to super-G turns.”

Still, Shiffrin holds a nearly insurmountable 876-point lead over Tina Weirather of Liechtenstein in the overall standings. Gut reclaimed the lead in the super-G ranks, 18 points ahead of Weirather.

After last year’s Cortina races, Shiffrin’s lead over Gut in the overall standings was just 80 points.

Gut won the overall title two seasons ago, which helped her erase memories of the 2014 Sochi Olympics – where she cried in disappointment after taking the bronze medal in the downhill. Gut finished the Sochi race a slim 0.10 seconds behind joint gold medalists Tina Maze of Slovenia and Swiss teammate Dominique Gisin.

”I know what it means to go to the Olympics now,” Gut said. ”The first time you go to the Olympics it’s like discovering what it is and you have to tell yourself that it’s just a race. … I’m going to try to give it something even more.”

Sunday’s win was the 24th victory of Gut’s World Cup career.

Lindsey Vonn, the record-holder in Cortina with 12 wins Kendall Sheffield Jersey , was slowed by a strong gust of wind and finished sixth, 0.37 back.

”I’ve never had a gust that strong,” Vonn said. ”I could barely make out the next gate and I was just hoping that I would see it at the last minute.”

Vonn started sixth and Gut was next.

”Some people obviously had it worse than others,” Vonn said.

Gut trailed Schnarf at all three checkpoints but then established her lead through the final gates.

”I didn’t have any wind, so I was fast,” Gut said.

Due to increasing wind, the race was called off after 44 of 58 skiers had started.

Thirteen skiers did not finish and there were several crashes – the worst of which involved Nadine Fest of Austria, who spun around at high speed and ended up in the safety netting. She was taken down the course on a sled and was being checked for a suspected knee injury.

Laura Pirovano of Italy also crashed heavily.

Federica Brignone, the Italian who won the previous super-G, did not start due to a fever.

Brignone will be looking to defend her victory in Tuesday’s giant slalom in nearby San Vigilio di Marebbe.

More AP Olympic coverage:

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen