STOKE, England -- Stoke added another notch to an impressive list of upset results this season as it beat Arsenal 1-0 on Saturda

in Allgemein 18.07.2019 10:40
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

STOKE, England -- Stoke added another notch to an impressive list of upset results this season as it beat Arsenal 1-0 on Saturday to seriously hurt the Gunners bid for the Premier League title. Blake Griffin Clippers Jersey . Jonathan Walters penalty 14 minutes from time after Laurent Koscielny was penalized for handball was enough to give Stoke all three points. Mark Hughes team has beaten Chelsea and Manchester United at home this season, as well as drawing with Manchester City. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger had not won in his previous seven visits to Stokes Brittania Stadium. Arsenal slipped four points behind league leader Chelsea, which won 3-1 at Fulham. It is two above Manchester City, which has two games in hand. Stoke moved level with 11th-placed Hull after what was only its second win in 11 league games. Arsenal made just the one change to the starting line-up from last Saturdays 4-1 win against Sunderland, with the fit-again Kieran Gibbs replacing the injured Nacho Monreal in defence. Record signing Mesut Ozil was on the bench after missing that match due to injury. Stoke also made just one change from its 1-0 loss at Manchester City, with Steven Nzonzi replacing the injured Peter Odemwingie. Walters had the first chance of the game when he headed Marko Arnautovics header narrowly wide as both sides struggled to carve out opportunities. There was a flurry of chances at the end of the first half and Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny had to react quickly to parry a swerving drive from Glenn Whelan. At the other end, Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic , who had earlier comfortably gathered a weak header from Olivier Giroud, was called into action to save Santi Cazorlas fierce effort from the edge of the area. Stoke almost took the lead at the start of the second half as Szczesny made a hash of dealing with Geoff Camerons cross, leading to a goalmouth scramble that Arsenal survived Peter Crouch also sent an acrobatic attempt wide as well as forcing a diving save from Szczesny, as Stoke continued to press. Stokes efforts were eventually rewarded as Walters flick struck Koscielnys arm and the Republic of Ireland striker made no mistake from the spot. Mesut Ozil flashed a shot across Begovics goal and fellow Arsenal substitute Yaya Sanogo then struck over the bar but Arsenal couldnt find the equalizer. Louis Williams Clippers Jersey . "All he says is, its crazy," DeMar DeRozan told reporters following Torontos win over the Pistons Wednesday. The Raptors longest-serving members, Johnson and DeRozan have had two coaches and 56 different teammates in five seasons with the club, all without appearing in a single playoff game. Jerome Robinson Jersey . The 2010 batting champ showed what he can do when hes mostly healthy. Gonzalez homered, doubled and singled in his return to the lineup, and the Colorado Rockies snapped a five-game losing streak with a 13-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday night. http://www.clippersnbateamshop.info/patrick-beverley-clippers-jersey/ . -- Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson couldnt hear himself amid the roar in Koch Arena, so he kept stomping on the floor in a fruitless attempt to get his teams attention.PATTAYA, Thailand -- Former LPGA Championship winner Anna Nordqvist of Sweden fired an opening 66 to grab a one-stroke lead over American Michelle Wie in the US$1.5 million LPGA Thailand at the Siam Country Club Pattaya Old Course on Thursday. Playing under overcast skies, the 26-year-old who is based in Florida hit six birdies, two bogeys and an eagle on the 15th to take a solo lead at 6 under par in the 70-player tournament. "I started with three birdies, so obviously got some momentum off the start," Nordqvist said. "On 15 I had 59 yards to the pin, pitched a little bit past, and then spun in the hole. So that was pretty cool to make an eagle there." After barely registering a top-10 finish, late last year Nordqvist had to find a new coach, Jorje Parada of Spain, and changed equipment. "It felt like at one point last year I was about ready to quuit golf," added the world No 27. Montrezl Harrell Clippers Jersey. "I just kind of lost the reason why I play golf, the fun of it. I have good people around me now. They have been really helping me to get that inspiration back." Wie fired six birdies, while bogeying the third, for a 67. "I birdied all four of the par 5s today, which definitely helps on this golf course," she said. Three more Americans are a stroke further back on 68 -- Lexi Thompson, Jennifer Johnson and Angela Stanford, whose round was aided by a hole in one on the par 3, 146-yard eighth hole. World No 1 and defending champion Inbee Park of Sputh Korea hit a 71 to join a large group of players on one-under that also includes world No 3 Stacy Lewis, 2012 LPGA Championship winner Feng Shanshan of China and Australian Karrie Webb, who just claimed a home tournament in Victoria on Sunday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen