Texans second-year general manager Brian

in Anregungen für Homepage 23.07.2019 03:36
von zhangzk • 59 Beiträge

Gaine felt the team addressed several areas of need in the draft.“That was one of the emphasis Jawaan Taylor Jersey , we wanted to increase team speed, team size, team length, team strength,” Gaine said. “We feel we were able to fortify those things through this draft weekend.”In the first two rounds, it was evident the Texans wanted to improve the protection around Deshaun Watson, who was sacked a league-high 62 times last season. Houston drafted two offensive lineman in Tytus Howard (No. 23 overall) and Max Scharping (No. 55 overall) within its first three selections.This is the first time the Texans have spent a first-round pick on an offensive lineman since taking Duane Brown in 2006 with the 26th overall pick. It is also the first time Houston has taken two offensive linemen in the same draft since 2017 when it drafted Julien Davenport and Kyle Fuller.Houston also invested in the secondary, drafting a pair of cornerbacks in 6-foot-2 Lonnie Johnson Jr. (54th overall) and 5-foot-11 Xavier Crawford (195th overall), who both bring some length.“We’re very excited about this draft class,” Texans coach Bill O’Brien said. “We really feel good about every single guy and their potential contribution to the roster and we’re excited to get started with them.”The Texans will now finish filling additional needs through undrafted free agency with rookie minicamp on the horizon.WHO THEY GOTThe Texans added yet another tight end to the room by drafting Kahale Warring (86th overall) in their final pick of the second round.Warring adds another tight end to the roster. The 6-foot-5, 252-pound player didn’t play football until his final year of high school.University of Texas defensive end Charles Omenihu (161st overall), the Big 12 Defensive Lineman of the Year in 2018, is the first defensive end taken by the Texans since 2017 and will now come in and learn from one of the best.“I think I can learn from J.J. (Watt) Josh Oliver Jersey , especially,” Omenihu said. “Just because we play the same position. Just hand work, how to use my length a little bit better and with Jadeveon (Clowney) he’s played multiple positions with the Texans. Crazy enough I wore No. 7 because of him in high school, wore No. 90 because of him as well. A guy I just watched and I want to be just like him.”SURPRISE MOVEWith their final pick, the Texans took the “12th Man” from Texas A&M. Cullen Gillaspia (220th overall), who was originally a walk-on, wore No. 12 for the Aggies and this past season played fullback for the first time in his college career.Gillaspia is a native of Houston, playing high school football at Katy Taylor, and attended the Texans local pro day. Gillaspia becomes the first 12th man to get drafted.“Going from a special teams guy to a first-year fullback hearing that call you hope for it, but you don’t necessarily expect it,” said Gillaspia, who was emotional when he received the call while at a family crawfish boil. “You prepare for the best and expect the worst. When I got that call in the seventh round, I couldn’t have been happier. Brian Gaine called me and made me a Texan and this is a dream come true.”HOW THEY DIDThe Texans had a plan entering the draft and seemed to have executed it.Gaine http://www.jaguarscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-quincy-williams-ii-jersey , who didn’t have a first or second-round pick last year, didn’t change how he approached this year’s draft.“Our whole goal for the draft was to honor the process,” Gaine said. “We had a very good balance of best available, mixed with the opportunity to meet team needs.”WHAT’S NEXT?The Texans addressed a lot of needs in this draft. It looks as though Houston has added plenty of depth in the secondary and on the offensive line with the draft and free agency.Houston could look to add some more wide receivers to help DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller and Keke Coutee. Also in the backfield some more help for Lamar Miller and D’Onta Foreman.“We’re trying to do the best job possible to create the most competitive roster possible,” O’Brien said about approaching undrafted free agency. “That’s when you have a good football team. When at every stage of the year you have a very competitive roster. That’s what we’re going to work to do.” The stat caught Chris Iannetta by complete surprise: This was only the 10th 1-0 game ever at Coors Field.

”Come on,” the catcher said.

He can thank his dominant starter for the latest addition. He played a pretty big role, too.

Iannetta homered in the seventh, Tyler Anderson pitched eight stellar innings in outdueling Andrew Suarez and the Colorado Rockies beat the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday night to sweep a three-game series.

It was the first 1-0 game at Coors Field since June 12, 2010.

Anderson (6-3) scattered two hits and tied a season high with nine strikeouts. The left-hander didn’t allow a baserunner to reach second base.

”Tyler pitched great,” Rockies manager Bud Black said.

For that, Anderson credits a slight tweak in game plans, going with more cutters than changeups.

”It was helpful because I’ve faced those guys a lot Ryquell Armstead Jersey ,” Anderson said. ”If they want to sit on a changeup, it kind of helps to have something to equalize that.”

And of course, Anderson wanted the ball for the ninth.

”You always want to go out and finish it,” Anderson said. ”At the same time, Wade Davis is an unbelievable pitcher.”

Davis surrendered a two-out single to Andrew McCutchen and walked Buster Posey in the ninth. Pinch-hitter Brandon Crawford hit a deep foul ball before later flying out as Davis earned his 25th save.

Suarez (3-5) pretty much matched Anderson pitch for pitch in going seven innings and scattering five hits.

”A pitcher’s duel is always fun,” Suarez said. ”I enjoyed it, just that last inning I missed that one pitch.”

Suarez elevated a slider on a full count to Iannetta, who took a few steps down the line to make sure his hooking liner remained fair.

It did. The umpiring crew took a look and confirmed Iannetta’s seventh homer of the season.

Kelby Tomlinson and Brandon Belt both singled to account for the only Giants hits off Anderson. Over the three-game series, San Francisco mustered just three runs and hit a combined .152.

”It’s a tough one, the whole series,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. ”We’ve got to rebound here, get the bats going.”

This was another strong outing for Anderson, who allowed four hits and no runs over eight innings in Los Angeles against the Dodgers last Friday.

He found a way to top it.

”He was good both times. He had command of four pitches http://www.jaguarscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-gardner-minshew-ii-jersey ,” Iannetta said. ”He was using all four quadrants of the zone. That’s really a difference maker. When you can command pitches, it makes it tough for hitters to get in a groove.”

Colorado had something brewing in the third, when DJ LeMahieu lined a one-out double to right. Charlie Blackmon followed with a sharp single off the glove of Joe Panik, who hustled after the baseball as LeMahieu took a wide turn. LeMahieu held at third and Suarez got the next two outs to escape the jam.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Rockies: RHP Bryan Shaw (strained calf) threw 25 pitches in a simulated game Wednesday. Black said the reliever will throw Friday and Sunday for Triple-A Albuquerque. ”From there, we’ll make an assessment of where Bryan is,” Black said. ”But Bryan right now feels good, his arm feels great.”

STREAKING ARENADO

Nolan Arenado leads the NL with 22 homers this season. And to think, he thought he might not even hit one out this season.

No, seriously.

”The first month-and-a-half, felt like I wasn’t going to hit any homers this year,” Arenado said. ”Now I have 22. You have to ride the wave.”

THIS & THAT

Tomlinson was recalled from Triple-A Sacramento and started at third base. … Colorado snapped a four-game skid on the Fourth of July. … Of Colorado’s three 1-0 wins on solo homers, Iannetta has the last two, according to the team. He also accomplished the feat on July 18 Marquise Brown Jersey , 2010, at Cincinnati. … The game lasted just 2 hours, 15 minutes – the shortest at Coors Field this season.

UP NEXT

Giants: Begin a four-game series against St. Louis on Thursday, with Johnny Cueto (3-0, 0.84 ERA) expected to return to the mound. Cueto was placed on the disabled list May 1 – retroactive to April 29 – with inflammation in his right elbow. A few days later he visited Dr. James Andrews, who diagnosed him with a strained elbow.

Rockies: Off Thursday before playing a three-game series in Seattle. RHP German Marquez (6-8, 5.14) will throw for the Rockies on Friday, while the Mariners go with RHP Felix Hernandez (8-6, 5.11).

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen