MONTREAL -- Canadian short-track star Marie-Eve Drolet has shown that she can return to the highest level in her sport even afte

in Anregungen für Homepage 25.07.2019 04:41
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Canadian short-track star Marie-Eve Drolet has shown that she can return to the highest level in her sport even after taking an extended break. Dan Fouts Chargers Jersey . Its something she hopes to do again after she has her first child in the New Year. Drolet announced Wednesday that she and husband Corey Crysler are expecting in late January and that shell miss the upcoming speedskating season. The 32-year-old from Saguenay, Que., who won Olympic silver at the Sochi Games, hopes to eventually return to the national team and compete at the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea. "Its a big challenge and I like challenges," she said. "It just pushes me in my life to go forward. That would be great if I could do it." Drolet won bronze in the womens relay event at the 2002 Games in Salt Lake City before taking six years off from the sport to study and travel. She took up the sport again in 2008 and quickly got back into it. "You suck at first," she said. "And then you see your evolution super fast. Its kind of fun to see actually and its impressive. I really liked that." Drolet won overall world junior titles in 2000 and 2001 and has won 27 medals in senior international competitions. She has also shown that she can come back from significant injury. Drolet broke her hip at the Olympic trials in August, just six months before the Sochi Games. "It was really hard to come back from that too," she said. "Its two comebacks and I think I now know how to manage myself and how hard it is." Drolet said her pregnancy is going well and she is due in mid-January. She plans to start training again in May. Melvin Gordon III Womens Jersey .com) - P.K. Subbans power-play goal 4:08 into overtime sent the Montreal Canadiens into the All-Star break with a 2-1 win over the Nashville Predators on Tuesday. Junior Seau Jersey . - Even with a new coach, the Denver Nuggets still love to push the basketball. http://www.prochargersteamstore.com/Youth-Melvin-Gordon-Elite-Jersey/ . The 42-ranked Czech saved seven break points while converting his one chance, and defeated the No. 3 seed in 1 hour 46 minutes. Rosol, who lost in the final in Stuttgart against Roberto Bautista Agut on Sunday, awaits the winner between Philipp Kohlschreiber or 2011 champion Gilles Simon.BOSTON -- Reilly Smith is opening a lot of eyes and scoring a lot of goals. Smith scored two goals, and Tuukka Rask made 33 saves for his fourth shutout of the season to lift the Boston Bruins to a 5-0 rout of the Ottawa Senators on Friday night. "Hes a very talented player and he gets in front of the net. Its paying off for him right now," Bruins forward Brad Marchand said. When the Bruins traded Tyler Seguin in the off-season, they received Loui Eriksson, Smith, and two other prospects. Eriksson was the marquee player in the deal, but Smith has yielded the real return thus far. Eriksson has missed time because of two concussions. "I dont think he was looked upon as a throw-in," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "It is the first time he has been given the opportunity to play on a regular basis, and he is finally showcasing his skills. Its no fluke." Smith scored twice in the third period, giving him a team-leading 14 goals. He has five goals and two assists in the last three games. "Hes really taken that opportunity that hes been given, and is on a streak right now," Rask said. "When youre hot, youre hot, just keep shooting." Erikssons injuries opened the door for Smith to move from the third line to the second line, alongside Patrice Bergeron and Marchand, and find his groove. Smith also has 16 assists and is second on the team in points. The Bruins are 13-0-2 in their last 15 home games and have won eight straight in Boston. They havent lost there in regulation since Oct. 26. Rask (20-8-2) has allowed one goal or fewer in 15 of his 30 starts this season. After earning only 19 wins last season, he is now the third goalie with 20 NHL wins this season. Boston tied a club record, set in 1929, by having a player score two goals for the seventh straight game. Keenan Allen Chargers Jersey. Smith has done it three times. Robin Lehner made 36 saves for Ottawa, which has dropped four of five. "We were really bad. End of story," Lehner said. "Twenty good minutes and 40 bad ones. Teams are picking us apart when we arent working hard and when we arent playing hard." Jarome Iginla beat Lehner with 3:31 remaining in the second when he slammed in a rebound of Torey Krugs slap shot during a power play to make it 1-0. Ottawa dominated the first period, holding a 15-5 shot advantage, but Boston turned the tables in the second with a 20-8 edge. In addition to the 19 saves in the second period, Lehner was stung by Johnny Boychuks slap shot, but stayed in the game. "We hung Robin out to dry," Senators captain Jason Spezza said. "One step forward and one step back. We need to start playing better hockey or they arent going to let us play much longer." David Krejci put Boston ahead 2-0 with a shot from the right circle 38 seconds into the third period. "In the third, getting that early goal by Krejci was a big momentum shift," Iginla said. Marchand capped the scoring with a short-handed goal with 27 seconds remaining. The teams will complete the home-and-home series on Saturday at Ottawa. NOTES: Bruins LW Daniel Paille returned after missing seven games because of a concussion. ... Ottawa is one of three teams that has never swept Boston in a season series. ... Boston D Dennis Seidenberg sustained a lower-body injury. He wont play on Saturday. ... Bergeron added two assists for Boston, which has outscored its last three opponents 15-3. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen