[url=http://www.packerscheapstore.com/jace-sternberger-jersey-cheap]Jace Sternberger Jersey[/url] , I’m just happy to be conside

in Bewerbungen 27.07.2019 09:59
von elaine95 • 211 Beiträge

BALTIMORE — The resilient Los Angeles Angels can finish a three-game sweep of the struggling Baltimore Orioles on Sunday at Camden Yards.

Los Angeles won the opener 7-1 on Friday and beat the Orioles 6-2 on a sweltering Saturday afternoon.

The Angels entered the series on a six-game losing streak http://www.lionscheapstore.com/austin-bryant-jersey-cheap , but will leave Baltimore very much alive in the American League wild-card race.

On Saturday, Mike Scioscia managed his 3,000th regular-season game for the Angels, not that he has kept count.

“You don’t think about it,” said Scioscia, who has been with the club since 2000 and is 1,613-1,387 (.538 winning percentage). “It’s 3,000, one game at a time.”

The Orioles have lost seven straight and fell to 0-15 against AL West opponents. Manager Buck Showalter vows the team will keep fighting and try to find bright spots.

“It’s been tougher on our fans and our players. I don’t look at it that way,” said Showalter, whose team has lost 17 of 18 at home. “All things considered, it’s an unbelievable way to do something you love and be able to pay the bills with it.”

Deck McGuire (0-0, 6.08 ERA) will start for the Angels in place of John Lamb http://www.packerscheapstore.com/rashan-gary-jersey-cheap , who had an MRI on his left elbow that revealed a torn ulnar collateral ligament. Lamb will undergo UCL reconstruction surgery in Los Angeles.

The Angels have seven starting pitchers on the disabled list.

As a result, they will be leaning on McGuire to help stabilize the rotation. However, he has made only two previous major league starts among his 12 appearances and has never faced Baltimore.

Los Angeles had a positive development with phenom Shohei Ohtani, who hit in a simulated game Saturday at Angel Stadium. Ohtani has a Grade 2 sprain of the ulnar collateral ligament of his right elbow. The team is hoping he can avoid Tommy John surgery.

“There definitely be a consensus from the medical staff on how he feels,” Scioscia said. “We’ll see if he has enough velocity to go out there and play.”

Ohtani underwent stem-cell therapy and received a platelet-rich plasma injection to heal a damaged ligament. He was given the OK to begin batting practice Thursday.

Kevin Gausman (3-6, 4.20 ERA) is looking to help pull the Orioles from their doldrums. However, he lost his last four decisions and has not completed seven innings in any of his last eight starts.

In his last outing, Gausman was solid in earning a no-decision, allowing one run and five hits in six innings of a 3-2 loss to the Seattle Mariners. He was effective managing his pitch count throughout the game.

“That’s huge,” he said. “Kind of seems like that’s what I do every start lately is kind of get in jams the first inning, throw a lot of pitches. It’s always big to kind of bounce back and have a quick inning.”

Gausman is 1-3 with a 5.97 ERA in five starts against the Angels.

Baltimore also received some bad news on the injury front. Reliever Darren O’Day opted to have season-ending surgery on his injured left hamstring. The recovery time is six months, according to Showalter.

O’Day also missed more than a month with a hyperextended elbow. The sidearmer is 0-2 with a 3.60 ERA in 20 games this season. He was placed on the 60-day disabled list Friday.

Showalter said O’Day has not yet finalized the time and place of the procedure.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Many prospects use the NFL scouting combine as a chance to clear their good name, rectifying misconceptions about their game or skillset or any misperceptions about their worth ethic or character.Clemson edge rusher Clelin Ferrell is using this chance to correct mispronunciations of his name.It has a long E sound (pronounced CLEE-lihn) as in Cleveland without the v and the d.So, whenever anyone addressed him at the combine as Cleh-lihn with a short vowel Darnell Savage Jr. Jersey , he made a point to correct them in a friendly way.“Not trying to be a (jerk), but I take a lot of pride in it,” said Ferrell. “I want to kind of change the narrative. I get it, it is spelled like Clelin with a lowercase e, but hopefully if I keep playing well, more people will really learn it and I won’t have to do that anymore.”People garble his name all the time, and he never lets it slide, he said, “just in case we meet again and we become really good friends, I just tell them right off the bat how to pronounce it.”Ferrell is the youngest of nine children. His father, who died when he was 13, was named Clevester, and he has a brother named Clevester Jr., another named Clevon and a sister named Cleta.All with a lone but long E.“I don’t know if this is true or not http://www.packerscheapstore.com/elgton-jenkins-jersey-cheap , but my sister Cleta told me that my dad’s great uncle, his name was Cleofis and they were considering naming me Cleofis,” Ferrell said. “So, thank God they didn’t name me that.”Ferrell might very well hear his name called in the first round of the NFL draft in Nashville on April 25, and he certainly hopes he won’t have to go on stage and correct commissioner Roger Goodell.Ferrell teamed up with Austin Bryant, Dexter Lawrence, and Christian Wilkins to form one of the best D-lines in college football history, and Ferrell said he believes being surrounded by such talent will smooth his adjustment to the NFL.“There’s not a lot of plays to go around out there when you’re playing with guys like that, so it really taught me the mentality of not taking any plays off, learning to really push and fight every play,” Ferrell said.A year after five quarterbacks were selected in the first round of the draft, led by No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield, it’s the guys rushing the passer from the edge and pushing the pocket from the interior who are all the rage in this year’s draft class .“There’s a lot of great players here, a lot of great players on the defensive line. For me Jace Sternberger Jersey , I’m just happy to be considered one of them,” Ferrell said.Asked if he thinks he can have an immediate impact like Joey Bosa or Bradley Chubb did as rookies, Ferrell said, “I’m not going to say I’m going to come in and tear the league up, but I know what type of player I can become. … I’m going to compete, work hard and try to earn the respect of my team and try to bring a championship wherever I go play.”That would certainly make him a household name.Before he walked away from the podium, somebody asked him about his go-to pass rush move on third-and-long.“It’s CLEE-lihn, by the way,” Ferrell corrected. “You said Cleh-lihn.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen