KANSAS CITY – Marcus Stromans major league debut may come sooner rather than later. [url=http://www.lakersbasketballshop.com/Kyl

in Bewerbungen 05.08.2019 04:49
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY – Marcus Stromans major league debut may come sooner rather than later. Kyle Kuzma Lakers Jersey . But it will not be on the current road trip. Encouraged by Dustin McGowans start on Tuesday night at Kauffman Stadium, manager John Gibbons will hand him the ball again on Sunday in Pittsburgh and go with left-hander J.A. Happ on Monday in Philadelphia. "Well see where that takes us," said Gibbons. McGowan pitched into the seventh inning on Tuesday for just the second time this season. His spot in the rotation is vulnerable, with Gibbons on repeated occasions saying how much he values McGowan out of the bullpen. Happ, entering Thursdays series finale with the Royals, hadnt pitched in more than a week, a 2 2/3 inning performance against the Baltimore Orioles on April 23. He entered spring training with a spot in the rotation but posted a 20.57 ERA in four Grapefruit League appearances and missed time with inflammation in his back. His performance forced the Blue Jays to seek alternatives. Stroman, who turned 23 on Thursday, is coming off a 10-strikeout, one-walk, no-hit performance over six innings for the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons on Tuesday night. Along with Aaron Sanchez, he is considered a top pitching prospect and some in the organization believe he is major league-ready. GOSE RETURNS When the Blue Jays acquired Anthony Gose from the Astros on July 29, 2010, he was a hot prospect less than two weeks shy of his 20th birthday. Now, almost four years later, Gose is up for a second time this season and has been on the option train for a couple of seasons. Hes up when the Blue Jays need him and back in Buffalo when they dont. "Hes got to play and be productive," said Gibbons. "Its like anybody else. When it comes down to the big leagues its about production. Theres no secrets; you can hope guys are going to do something but eventually its all about production. Thats why its so hard to make it in the big leagues and stay for any length of time. Thats why guys come and go, bounce up and down. Big part of it is opportunity but when you get it youve got to take advantage of it." In 19 games with the Bisons, Gose is hitting .235/.350/.309. Hes walking at a higher clip than usual with 12 free passes in 81 plate appearances (14.8 per cent). "I think it was too cold for me to swing," Gose joked. "I wasnt trying to do anything different. I wasnt working on anything. I just walked a little bit more earlier on." He admits its difficult to get into a groove early in the International League season because of the weather. Games are often rained out; sometimes games are snowed out. "I think this year was much colder and a lot longer than last year, especially in other cities also," said Gose. "I dont know if its going to warm up. Its been freezing. I got here and its freezing too. Everywhere Im playing baseball its cold." ROSTER MOVES To accommodate the recall of Gose, the Blue Jays optioned infielder Jonathan Diaz to Triple-A Buffalo. Toronto also purchased the contract of infielder/outfielder Steve Tolleson. To make room for Tolleson on the 40-man roster, outfielder Moises Sierra was designated for assignment. The moves give the Blue Jays additional depth in the absence of Melky Cabrera, who was hit by a pitch on his left shin in Wednesday nights game and is listed as day-to-day. HIGH PRAISE FOR BAUTISTA Pointing out that Jose Bautista is good at baseball is a waste of everyones time. Nobodys splitting the atom with such an observation. Through the first month of the season, Bautista is baseballs leader in on-base percentage (.465) and on-base plus slugging percentage (1.065). His eight home runs prorate to a total of 48 over a 162-game schedule. Defensively, Bautista has one outfield assist and has come close on a couple of other occasions. His arm is feared by opposition baserunners. What arent so obvious to the viewing public are Bautistas contributions to game preparation. "Hes helped me out more than you can imagine, more than I ever imagined (he would)," said first-year outfield coach Tim Leiper. "When Im out there its like having another coach out there because number one, hes been in the league, hes seen everybody, he has great recall and he knows the game situations." When Bautista shifts to centerfield, which has happened in four games so far this season, Leiper jokes that his work day ends. Bautista takes charge and knows where he wants himself and his corner outfielders to be on each pitch. "From day one in spring training every fungo, every drill, 100-percent fundamentally correct every single time," said Leiper. "You watch him in the game, hes into every pitch, he doesnt take pitches off. Theres a reason why hes good at everything he does. Hes intelligent and hes into it. Hes as professional a guy as Ive ever been around." Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Lakers Jersey . - Defensive end-linebacker Mike Neal apparently is returning to the Packers. Kurt Rambis Jersey . - PGA Tour rookie Tony Finau shot a 9-under 63 at Del Monte and had a two-stroke lead over Billy Andrade and Lee Janzen of the Champions Tour after Thursdays opening round of the Callaway Pebble Beach Invitational. http://www.lakersbasketballshop.com/Kobe-Bryant-Jersey/ .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams.GREEN BAY, Wis. -- In the middle of the chaotic and victorious Green Bay Packers locker room, Randall Cobb yelled out a new nickname for Jordy Nelson. "Mr. 200!" Cobb exclaimed. More like a career-high 209 yards receiving for Green Bays top receiver, including one long touchdown catch in crunch time. Aaron Rodgers threw for three scores, including an 80-yard strike to Nelson in the third quarter, and the Packers roared back from an 18-point deficit to win their home opener 31-24 on Sunday over the New York Jets. "Well, pretty impressive. Take it for granted sometimes. Hes not a big me guy ... so he kind of gets overlooked sometimes," Rodgers said about Nelson. "We know the kind of player he is." So do the Jets after blowing a 21-3 lead early in the second quarter. Still, coach Rex Ryans team had a chance to tie late. It looked as though that had happened with 5 minutes left on a 37-yard touchdown catch by Jeremy Kerley on fourth down -- but it was negated because the Jets (1-1) called a timeout from the sideline just before the snap. Ryan said he didnt call time. He suspected it could have been offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinweg or quarterback Geno Smith. Defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson said he was to blame because he leaned over to tell the referee when he saw Mornhinweg calling for time. "I just know for a fact I did not call the timeout," Ryan said. "We cant take those things back," Smith said. "That happened. As a player, as a quarterback, you still want to go down there and score a touchdown and we failed to get that done." Smiths last-ditch pass on fourth-and-8 with 3:31 left to a double-covered Kerley was tipped away. The 78,000-plus fans at Lambeau Field breathed a collective sigh of relief, and the Packers held the ball from there. "It is my responsibility," Ryan said when asked about the Jets meltdown. "I have to do a better job." Green Bay (1-1) avoided its first 0-2 start since 2006. It took a little while to get going, though. Rodgers fumbled away the snap on the first play of the opening series. The Jets scored on their first three drives. Slowly, but surely, the offence started chipping away. Then, the defence came up with some big stops late. Eric Decker departed with a hamstring injury early in the fourth, depriving Smith of his top receiving target. The Jets tried backup Michael Vick at quarterback on one play, but he was taken down from behind in the open by Clay Matthews for a sack. That drive ennded with the pass breakup on Kerley in the end zone. Wilt Chamberlain Jersey. "Its a game of adversity. Its a game of momentum swings. Its a game of big plays," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "We were in a spot, but our players stayed the course." Rodgers finished 25 of 42 with 346 yards, Nelson had nine catches and Cobb finished with five catches for 39 yards. Cobb caught two short scoring strikes and a 2-point conversation that gave the Packers a 24-21 lead in the third quarter. Green Bay went up 31-24 late in the third quarter when Nelson worked a double move on Dee Milliner for the 80-yard score. Nelson ran and out-and-up route. With the safety coming over late to help, Nelson beat out Jets defenders in a footrace to the end zone. "We just messed up at the end," Milliner said. Just a couple of hours earlier, it looked as if the home crowd was going to witness a surprising loss. Chris Ivory barrelled up the middle for a 4-yard score at 10:38 of the second quarter that left the fans in stunned silence with the Packers down 21-3. "The momentum came when we stopped them and started making plays and got off the field and got off on the third down," Packers linebacker Jamari Lattimore said. Smith finished 16 of 32 for 176 yards with one touchdown and one interception. Decker had four catches for 63 yards, while Ivory led the Jets on the ground with 13 carries and 43 yards. The Packers comeback started with a 13-point flurry in the final 5:43 of the first half, including field goals from 20 and 55 yards by Mason Crosby. The latter kick set a Packers record at home. Then, the Packers got the defensive break they desperately needed when Tramon Williams stepped in front of tight end Zach Sudfeld for an interception at the Packers 3. "You never want to come out that flat, you never expect to come out that flat, but we did and we found a way to get through it," Williams said. Rodgers followed with 10-play, 97-yard drive in 1:44 that ended with a 6-yard score to Cobb to get the Packers within five at the half. Notes: The Jets finished with 312 yards in total offence, but only 100 after halftime. ... New York had four sacks, including two from LB Demario Davis. ... Nelson had the fourth touchdown catch of 80 or more yards in his career, tying the franchise record held by Greg Jennings. ... Nelsons 209 yards were the most by a Packer since Don Beebe had 220 against San Francisco in 1996. ... Crosby has hit 18 straight regular-season field goals dating to last year. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen