VANCOUVER - Chris Tanev celebrated his birthday in style Saturday night with a game-winning goal that snapped the Canucks out th

in Bewerbungen 21.08.2019 09:45
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

VANCOUVER - Chris Tanev celebrated his birthday in style Saturday night with a game-winning goal that snapped the Canucks out their slump. George Kittle 49ers Jersey .Tanev scored just 18 seconds into overtime on a pass from Henrik Sedin, as Vancouver defeated the Calgary Flames 3-2 at Rogers Arena.Yeah its awesome. A good birthday gift, said the 25-year-old Tanev, who rushed down the ice on a 3-on-2 with Henrik and Daniel Sedin before beating Flames goalie Jonas Hiller with a quick shot.Radim Vrbata and Yannick Weber scored in regulation for the Canucks (18-11-2), who snapped a five-game winless skid. Goalie Ryan Miller made 26 saves in his first win since Dec. 2 at Washington.Tanevs goal wasnt the only gift on the night. The Canucks took the first lead of the game at 4:40 with Hiller out of the net for an extra attacker on a delayed penalty call. Flames defenceman Dennis Wideman shot a pass from near the Canucks net that skipped off Mason Raymonds stick at the blue-line and all the way into the empty Calgary net. Weber was credited with the goal for his second of the season.That was a great bounce for us, said Canucks coach Willie Desjardins. You dont get those very often. It was a good break for us and fortunately we took advantage of it.Johnny Gaudreau and David Jones found the back of the net for Calgary (17-15-2), which is now winless in eight games.Flames coach Bob Hartley saw the own goal as symbolic of his teams recent struggles.For my part thats the first time I have been involved in a goal like this and that sums up the way it has been going for us, said Hartley. But credit to our guys, we never quit and its too bad we couldnt get that last goal.The Canucks win was marred by a scary moment early in the second when Vancouver forward Jannik Hansen took a big hit from Wideman and immediately skated back to the bench before appearing to collapse forward. Medical staff rushed over and helped Hansen back to the locker-room. Hansen did not return to the game as a precautionary measure, the team announced.Desjardins said after the game that Hansen was checked out at hospital and would be fine.Everything looks good, said Desjardins. Its concerning. He seemed like he couldnt get his breath there. When that happens its not usual, so youre concerned. But everythings checked out at the hospital and everything is fine.Vancouver made it 2-0 while on the power play midway through the first. With Alex Burrows hovering over Hiller and batting at the loose puck, Vrbata found the rebound and knocked it in at 9:24 for his 13th this season. It was the Canucks first power-play goal in their last 19 chances.You are going to go through these stretches, said MIller. I thought we kept working, got some good bounces tonight and thats what happens with hockey.Miller looked sharp in the first when he stoned star Flames defenceman Mark Giordano, who took a point-blank slap shot from the face-off circle. Giordano leads NHL defencemen with 31 points, including nine goals.Calgary got on the board at 7:31 of the second period when Miller gave up a big rebound, as the puck popped out of his glove right to Jones, who fired it back in to make it 2-1. The Flames outshot the Canucks 15-10 in the second.Calgary tied it 2-2 at 12:55 in the third period when Jiri Hudler circled around the boards before finding Gaudreau in the slot and the rookie wristed it past Miller for his seventh of the year.It was a goal Miller would probably like to have back, but he made amends minutes later when he closed the door on a Sean Monahan breakaway attempt.Calgary had a power play in the final four minutes of regulation on a Kevin Bieksa high-sticking call, but couldnt capitalize.Theyre playing smart hockey, Miller said of the Flames. Theyre on the puck, theyre aggressive and its hard to work around that. Its tough, theyre catching up. The young guys are getting smart and theyre going to be a tough team to contend with.Hiller, who hasnt won a start since Nov. 18, stopped 29 shots.Notes: Henrik Sedin is one goal away from 200 career goals. ... The Flames and Canucks meet twice more this season — again in Vancouver on Jan. 10 and then back to Calgary on Feb. 14. ... The Canucks will host Arizona on Monday before breaking for the holidays, while the Flames wrap up their road trip in Los Angeles the same night. Matt Breida Jersey . Carling Bassett-Seguso was a world No. 8 almost 30 years ago. Currently 13th, Bouchard is assured of equalling that when the next rankings are released Monday. Custom San Francisco 49ers Jerseys .com) - The Winnipeg Jets placed defenceman Paul Postma on injured reserve Tuesday. http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Youth-nick-bosa-49ers-jersey/ . Reimer is winless (0-2-1) since returning from a six-week absence due to concussion-like symptoms. The Maple Leafs dropped a 4-2 decision to the hosting Washington Capitals on Friday.BALTIMORE -- In his first year with the Baltimore Orioles, Brian Roberts played shortstop alongside third baseman Cal Ripken, Jr., who was in the final year of what turned out to be a Hall of Fame career. Now in his first season with the New York Yankees, Roberts is lining up next to shortstop Derek Jeter -- whos putting the finishing touches on what appears to be a Hall of Fame career. "Ive definitely been extremely blessed to take part in both of their last years," Roberts said. "They have so many similarities: the way they go about the game, the way they go about their business on and off the field, so professional in both ways, so respected by everyone. When you play with each of them you see why. They both do just do everything the right way, treat people the right way. Its something that all of us can learn from." The 36-year-old Roberts wont soon forget the experience. "We all take things from every place that weve been and people that we play with, but certainly when you play with guys of that calibre and that stature in the game, I think its special for all of us to have the opportunity to do that," he said. Roberts played 51 games at shortstop in 2001, his first year with the Orioles, and has been at second base ever since. After spending 13 years with the Orioles, he signed as a free agent with the Yankees in January. He returned to Camden Yards on Friday for the first time since his departure. "Its crazy," he said in the New York clubhouse. "I dont know if I walked in here one time in my career. Its definitely strange tto walk by the home clubhouse and come over here but its kind of a new chapter of life. Jerry Rice Youth Jersey. Im certainly excited to be back. Spent the night in my house. Good to sleep in your own bed sometimes." Roberts was extremely popular in Baltimore, but during the later stages of his career he played sparingly because of a variety of injuries -- most notably a concussion that impacted his 2011 and 2012 seasons. Being healthy with the Yankees was just what he wanted when he opted to play another year. "Its been great. Thats all I was hoping for this year was to have the opportunity to get out and play on a consistent basis and feel healthy and feel like I was contributing," Roberts said. "From that standpoint, its certainly been a year Ive been pleased with." Playing with the Orioles, however, was tough to beat. "Certainly the 13 years that I had in Baltimore were the best years of my life," Roberts said. "No one can take that away from us. Very appreciative to have those years. And now, to do this is just something new." New York manager Joe Girardi expected Roberts to get a warm reception from the fans at Camden Yards. "He put up a lot of big numbers here, did a lot of great things here," Girardi said. "He was a fan favourite for a long time here, so I would hope they would greet him well." When Roberts got to the plate in the second inning, he received a smattering of applause. He then drove the first pitch from Miguel Gonzalez over the right-field scoreboard for his fifth home run of the year. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen